Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

hw1234 wrote: »
    Hi guys we just moved into our house this week. I just noticed that we were left a kickboard short for where dishwasher is meant to go, we have the door for the integration though. Anybody else in same boat?

Anybody know who supplied the kitchens?

Ask the finishing foreman.
    That's up to them to supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sehguhnai

dannybi wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Integrated Fridge Freezer is 70/30 or 60/40
    Fridge Freezer is 1/3 according to the Builder.
    Oven is standard double size.
    Dishwasher is standard size.
    Kitchen extractor fan is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sehguhnai

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Anyone register for the governments help to buy scheme yet?

Yes, I have applied. It was very straightforward. Sherry Fitzgerald couldn't answer if the builder had registered. But I presume they will.
    The Builder is holding on to all HTB buyers since January 10th. I believe this hold up is happening because he is waiting to be fully registered to claim back the 5% deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Sehguhnai wrote: »
    The Builder is holding on to all HTB buyers since January 10th. I believe this hold up is happening because he is waiting to be fully registered to claim back the 5% deposits.

The builder/developer is now registered. Registered as Mullberryglen.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Hi all

I've been lurking here for a while. Myself and the wife are strongly considering buying up there with yourselves but just want to ask a few things:
    - have you checked with schools?
    - has anyone actually moved in and what are your thoughts if you have?
    - do you know of any more phases to be built?
    - What's the sound proofing like in the houses?

We're not mortgage approved and will hopefully be in about 2-3 months, but I have a probationary period until Sept. Our broker has assured me he knows one or two banks which may still overlook this. It may only be an issue when we go to drawdown the mortgage, which by looking at this thread will take a few months to build the house in the first place

Cheers

The Bin Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

Hi all. Due to sign contracts on Tues. I know everyone is in the same boat about the deposit I am still really unsure as do I pay 5% or 10%! What is everyone else still waiting to sign contracts planning to do?
    My solicitor has advised to pay 10% but spoke to someone in revenue who said not to because 5% will be going straight to the builder.

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    Hi all. Due to sign contracts on Tues. I know everyone is in the same boat about the deposit I am still really unsure as do I pay 5% or 10%! What is everyone else still waiting to sign contracts planning to do?
    My solicitor has advised to pay 10% but spoke to someone in revenue who said not to because 5% will be going straight to the builder.

My solicitor is still looking into it but I'm adamant that I'll only be paying 5%. Otherwise the builder will end up with a 15% deposit after Revenue make the payment. This would leave me with an 85% mortgage but I've been approved for 90%. Stick to your guns - seems to be a lot of confusion around the scheme.

My solicitor is still looking into it but I'm adamant that I'll only be paying 5%. Otherwise the builder will end up with a 15% deposit after Revenue make the payment. This would leave me with an 85% mortgage but I've been approved for 90%. Stick to your guns - seems to be a lot of confusion around the scheme.

This is just a complete mess now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hey All,

For anyone that has moved I would like to know how you are finding the heating system?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

How have people got on with snag lists any recommendations? We're you waiting long after to be finished up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alexs415

Hey all,

So i was just wondering if anybody could give any incite of how many phases will be realised for Hansfield Wood. After visiting today they mentioned this is the last of the announced 170house phase although I don't believe this is the end of development for Hansfield Wood as theres so much land to be built on.

Does anybody have any information on the phases? Sherry Fitzgerald were also very evasive when I spoke to them about phases. We will be looking to buy more around the September date.

Many thanks.

alexs415 wrote: »
    Hey all,

So i was just wondering if anybody could give any incite of how many phases will be realised for Hansfield Wood. After visiting today they mentioned this is the last of the announced 170house phase although I don't believe this is the end of development for Hansfield Wood as theres so much land to be built on.

Does anybody have any information on the phases? Sherry Fitzgerald were also very evasive when I spoke to them about phases. We will be looking to buy more around the September date.

Many thanks.

Planning permission has been granted for around 45 dwellings (mix of apartments and houses) to the right of the current development. Planning permission is pending for a development of over 200 dwellings (primarily houses) to the left of the current development, bordering the hospital.

I'd be surprised if there weren't houses available for you around September time.

Planned permission has been granted for around 45 dwellings (mix of apartments and houses) to the right of the current development. Planning permission is pending for a development of over 200 dwellings (primarily houses) to the left of the current development, bordering the hospital.

I'd be surprised if there weren't houses available for you around September time.

Thanks Pedro,

Just checking that we're on the same development here with Hansfield wood? Which hospital are you referring to?

alexs415 wrote: »
    Thanks Pedro,

Just checking that we're on the same development here with Hansfield wood? Which hospital are you referring to?

http://www.docservice.ie/dublin-services-residential-services-more3.aspx

It's just beside Hansfield on the road to Clonsilla.

Thanks Pedro, just google mapped there and that makes sense.

Please excuse my ignorance! That's really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

All of the land up to the train lines will eventually be developed.

All of the land up to the train lines will eventually be developed.

Hows the heating system offercroc?

Hows the heating system offercroc?
    No idea, still don't have keys, should get them next week, hopefully Monday.

No idea, still don't have keys, should get them next week, hopefully Monday.

Oh, Thought you were in and all at this stage.
    Let us no anyhow.

Oh, Thought you were in and all at this stage.
    Let us no anyhow.
    The snag list was completed Wednesday which left Thu/Fri to transfer funds which wasn't enough time. It's not as simple as saying "close" to the solicitor and you get the keys, it seems it takes a few working days for it all to close up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Was up again as they have finally fitted the showhouse for B4's today (been 2 weeks since I was up.)
    The houses are flying up I must say. The road is being dug for the first right turn off the avenue and the floats in for the terraced houses facing the apartments so will be interested to see how quick they go up.

My house is currently where the car park is for people viewing the houses is right now so fingers crossed they don't just leave it till last for that reason.
    Nicolleok8 wrote: »

I have asked to pay 5% and put 5% in escrow as a guarantee for the builder in the event that the HTB falls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

Is it a b4 you have gotten Mooneyd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

scribe_1 wrote: »
    Is it a b4 you have gotten Mooneyd ?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Still waiting for the signed contract from builder.. Still unsure how we will apply for HTB as the contract was signed from our side in November and whole 10% already paid...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

SalaKash wrote: »
    Still waiting for the signed contract from builder.. Still unsure how we will apply for HTB as the contract was signed from our side in November and whole 10% already paid...

Hi. Ask your solicitor to follow up and keep the pressure on them if not already as you will need this to claim the 5% from revenue.

SalaKash wrote: »

Exact same as you salakash.
    A lot of people must be on our position now.
    I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of communication regarding it but there's absoloutly nothing.

Have you seen how the houses are progressing lately? Hoping to get up next weekend to have a look.

Got the keys and manuals today, happy to let people take a look of either although we'll be starting work on the house soon.

Got the keys and manuals today, happy to let people take a look of either although we'll be starting work on the house soon.

Congratulations Croc, Delighted for yous.

Hopefully the rest of us won't be too far behind!

Congratulations! I'd love to see the manuals. Hope they could answer a lot of questions I have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Congratulation!, I'm delighted for you!
    I'm in the Avenue, hopefully I'll get contacted soon for my first snagging

Advertisement