Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Are they doing kitchens also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

That's who we are going into today to ask about more wall cupboards so I hope so! We asked them about the kitchens and they didn't deny they did them and they are the company details we were given.

That's who we are going into today to ask about more wall cupboards so I hope so! We asked them about the kitchens and they didn't deny they did them and they are the company details we were given.

Brilliant. Let us know how you get on. Such a surprise that I got the wrong info from SF! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Such a surprise that I got the wrong info from SF! :D

Such blasphemy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Any anyone asked about extras such as lighting under the kitchen cabinets??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

We were in today asking for extra cupboards and were told no one else had contacted them. I think people have asked the previous kitchen provider, FJS Joinery, about extras though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

Hi guys, since our air 2 water system depends on electricity, I wonder which electricity provider you will choose? And in which rate? Day rate, or day rate + night rate? I did a lot of google search about A2W system today, saw a lot of negative reports, now I'm really concerned about the bills. I hope our house is better insulated and have reasonable bills.Ideally it's 300/year, but I doubt it. Some website recommend that A2H system needs to be cleaned properly regularly, and also the system is outside and works inefficiently in the night compared to the day time, I wonder whether we should cover it and thus improves its working capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Air to water heat pumps will work well with A rated homes due to the insulation levels. If you swapped a gas boiler for a heat pump in an older house (typically most houses here are D or E rated) it would struggle to heat the house and run non stop leading to high electricity bills. I'd be hoping the system will just tick over nicely on these A rated houses. As regards night rate electricity, I'm not sure if it will work out. Most people will want the houses warm from 7-9am and again from 5-11pm (maybe more in daytime at weekends) so not at night rate times. The heating controller should be smart enough to only turn the heating on when needed so it's not wasting any power heating the house too early. The hot water system is a pressurised one so water will stay hot for a long time if it's not being used.

I'd be interested to hear how anyone living there now is finding the heat and hot water as it's freezing outside!

As for providers, I'd probably end up swapping every year to get the best discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Folks

I wonder If anyone talked to Spirit & Style Interiors for flooring/carpeting price quote to replicate the show house as they did the whole show house interior.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

SalaKash wrote: »
    Folks

I wonder If anyone talked to Spirit & Style Interiors for flooring/carpeting price quote to replicate the show house as they did the whole show house interior.

cheers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054869220

Hi SalaKash, In reply to your post in the thread above. Im not sure what the deal with not replying to old threads is, as it can seem that an old thread can fit the bill in terms of content, but thats how it is on boards. I seem to sometimes come across old threads that are relevant and I did with yours as two of the options I considered are in that thread, Balterio and quickstep.

Personally, I preferred the look of the Balterio, but went with Quickstep because of the price. It really depends on what you are looking for.
    For me, I'd say get what you can afford, but at the same time, I even saw some nice looking flooring elsewhere after I bought and fitted the quickstep, but that was cheaper than quickstep (always the way).
    Quickstep wasnt the cheapest by the far anyway, but most of the cheaper stuff I did not like.
    One of the places I saw some ok looking flooring afterwards was in Ikea and it was a lot cheaper, but I dont know how that would have worked out in terms of wear and lasting, others were in different builders providers (Homevalue, and maybe Brooks I think, you could also try Tj O Mahonys).
    I think I got my underlay in TJ oMahonys anyway, I went for a better gold foil backed foam it had a better U value than the silver foilbacked stuff of the same manufacturer, and better than the bog standard foam which has no U value rating. I wouldn't fit laminate upstairs myself, but if doing so you need a different type of underlay, more the thick cardboard type that muffles sound rather than limits heat loss.
    &
    I bought the flooring in Des Kellys on longmile rd, there was a place across the road above the tile shops that was doing the Balterio. I would say, it depends on the use on how much you want to spend, if its an interim measure to cover flooring maybe a cheaper laminate is better.

Not sure what you heard negative about quickstep, I found it very good. I installed it myself as I didnt want edge trims everywhere, so I pulled off all the skirting boards, the flooring is hard wearing, but nothing is completely scratch proof or impact resistant, which I seemed to read was the case of laminate from other sources when researching what to put down (it depends what you subject it to), mine is now down 5 years, we dont have a lot of traffic on it,just us/child and occasionally our dog crosses it, but it I think it still looks very good.

I pulled up the carpets myself, and cut & folded it so it didnt lift so much dust, then vacuumed and sealed the floor with a diluted PVA as in some areas the levelling screed was dusty/creating dust. I measured up and went to work laying it all out. I should say, I measured up for what I needed in terms of underlay and flooring quantity and the widths to make sure there would be no difficult/uneccessary cuts that left awkawrd widths to fit and lots of wastage. I would say I learned while I was doing it and there were some things I wouldnt do again as that was my first outing at laying laminate, its very straightforward and the instructions are on the quickstep packaging. I laid my laminate as an entire one piece despite advice to the contrary, going by the dimensions on the instructions this was possible, but you need to ensure expansion gaps at all walls and ensure you dont exceed the recommendations for area laid without joints.

My view on most people laying flooring is they mostly are in to get it done quick and in a limited time, and a lot of jobs I have seen are very poor. I took longer, cant recal exactly, probably over a week just doing the flooring, but I much prefer the results, as I dont like the look of edge trims everywhere, in fact I only had to buy one edge trim to place around the fireplace hearth. I didnt do that for the saving though.

what did you hear negative about quickstep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

alexf1 wrote:
    Air to water heat pumps will work well with A rated homes due to the insulation levels. If you swapped a gas boiler for a heat pump in an older house (typically most houses here are D or E rated) it would struggle to heat the house and run non stop leading to high electricity bills. I'd be hoping the system will just tick over nicely on these A rated houses. As regards night rate electricity, I'm not sure if it will work out. Most people will want the houses warm from 7-9am and again from 5-11pm (maybe more in daytime at weekends) so not at night rate times. The heating controller should be smart enough to only turn the heating on when needed so it's not wasting any power heating the house too early. The hot water system is a pressurised one so water will stay hot for a long time if it's not being used.

alexf1 wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear how anyone living there now is finding the heat and hot water as it's freezing outside!

I moved in two weeks now, and the air to water system is quite good, and it's running 24/7, no need to switch on/ off as advised by engineer, we switched from panda to electric Ireland who offers €175 cash in your account, and they are the electricity provider for hansfield wood development site. I hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

Pedro32561 wrote:
    Are they doing kitchens also?

They will not fit that for you and you can not make any changes to the house until you have key

dannybi wrote: »
    I moved in two weeks now, and the air to water system is quite good, and it's running 24/7, no need to switch on/ off as advised by engineer, we switched from panda to electric Ireland who offers €175 cash in your account, and they are the electricity provider for hansfield wood development site. I hope it helps

Hi dannybi, could you explain what is "switch on/off"? If I turn the temperature panel on the living room and the main bathroom to 10, does that mean "switch off"? Then when I turn the temperature to 20, the light is on and the system is running, does that mean I turn it on? But I noticed even the temperature is at 10, I still can get hot water from the tap, so I'm a bit confused what is on and off. Thanks!

Hi guys, can any of you recommend good places for blinds? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

Please check at http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/electricity/ you can find the better options.

http://www.clonsillablinds.com . We got fair quote from them. Better shop around to get a better deal.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Let us know how you get on. Such a surprise that I got the wrong info from SF! :D

Apart from the price SF doesn't know anything and not helpful at all. Still they are checking with builder on few of my clarifications, after all I got the key :).

Hi Croc, How they charging? . I heard that they are not interested and quote too much. I would also like to do some alterations.

Got the keys and manuals today, happy to let people take a look of either although we'll be starting work on the house soon.

Congratulations Croc.

Basically you can setup the inside temperature (2 regulators one in living room and other in master bedroom). Once the temperature goes down the system will automatically start and maintain the room temperature. Water will be always hot/warm based on your main system settings, you have a boost option too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Ive used these a good few times, find them very good to deal with.

https://www.signature.ie

SalaKash wrote: »
    Still waiting for the signed contract from builder.. Still unsure how we will apply for HTB as the contract was signed from our side in November and whole 10% already paid...

I have been advised by the builders solicitors that I must pay the full 10% deposit to them as they have already issued our contracts and that they will refund the 5% revenue rebate when they receive the funds. Has anyone heard anything on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

I have been advised by the builders solicitors that I must pay the full 10% deposit to them as they have already issued our contracts and that they will refund the 5% revenue rebate when they receive the funds. Has anyone heard anything on this?

I got a letter from AMOSS via my solicitor stating we must pay the 10% and any funds received from revenue from the HTB will be put off the balance. Not ideal as like most we were hoping to use that for furnishing but better than not getting it we also had a 90% mortgage loan offer so not sure if it will affect that also!
    We have also been advised that The Drive won't be ready until June.

My solicitor said the builders will refund the 5% back to us once it comes through. I also said I was concerned as our mortgage offer is for 90% and he said this would not effect my offer. Confused now!

Did SF advise you about the Drive completion date? I had a feeling it wouldn't be May!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Did SF advise you about the Drive completion date? I had a feeling it wouldn't be May!
    Nicolleok8 wrote: »

Really? That seems odd giving that they have the road for The park, Meadows and Drive started and the floats for all 3 terraced blocks in the meadows complete with the walls going up as we speak.

I would have assumed that the 4 houses on the right of the drive and the 4 along the Avenue would be fairly on track +/-

@WannaBe I was up there on Sunday and SF said that they were on track for this phase but maybe something changed.

The highlighted houses in the image below are all WIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Has anyone has any news on the houses with were due on completion on February?
    I have been calling/emailing SF and they have no clue, they never call me back.

Our valuation report came back as June 2017 completion and when I rang SF they couldn't confirm but they never got back to me either.

Earlier the better of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

I got a letter from AMOSS via my solicitor stating we must pay the 10% and any funds received from revenue from the HTB will be put off the balance. Not ideal as like most we were hoping to use that for furnishing but better than not getting it we also had a 90% mortgage loan offer so not sure if it will affect that also!

Get your solicitor to tell them that's not exceptable.
    Tell them they must refund the full rebate to you as other people are saying.
    Is there anything in your contract saying they can do that.

There's no way I would accept that. You should flag that to Revenue as it's definitely not how the scheme is intended to operate.

• Advertisement

Our solicitor is still insisting in reissuing new contracts that tie in the help to buy.
    Like a lot of people it comes down to who you get on the phone from revenue. It's a catch 22 because we can't proceed to the claim part of the incentive because we need the signed contract back!
    I will ring her regarding a refund when they are paid by revenue like the other poster has stated. Thanks for all information & support we all seem to be in the same boat!

Advertisement