Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

If the worse problem we have with the houses is that they are too well built then we're lucky I guess you've never reached 25c according to the thermostat? You do reach 20c though? My cousin who is in a similar type house is paying €350 for electricity over the months of December and January. Their house is larger so a scaled down, proportional bill would be ~€200 and that would include everything (expect maybe cooking as I think they are gas).

I will post my first bill once I have them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

So has anyone put a gate on the side or have people just left the side open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an update on The Drive?? We have been told April but they still haven't started. Need to give out landlord notice if when we're moving out.

Cheers

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an update on The Drive?? We have been told April but they still haven't started. Need to give out landlord notice if when we're moving out.

Cheers

Mark

I was there on Sunday,
    All terraced blocks that don't contain an E type house are in progress (float/ scaffolding etc up) if not the walls are up. The far block on the meadows is even getting the roof finished at the moment.
    I would assume that the Meadows, Drive and part of the Park are on track for April/May.
    Actually I was surprised that they started the left side of the Drive as I assumed that it's a different phase but I guess the guys who are making the frame for the house are bulk shipping or preparing the same type frames at the same time.

I'm on the Avenue and this remains the site carpark even though I have been assured last week they are on track.

mooneyd wrote: »
    I was there on Sunday,
    All terraced blocks that don't contain an E type house are in progress (float/ scaffolding etc up) if not the walls are up. The far block on the meadows is even getting the roof finished at the moment.
    I would assume that the Meadows, Drive and part of the Park are on track for April/May.
    Actually I was surprised that they started the left side of the Drive as I assumed that it's a different phase but I guess the guys who are making the frame for the house are bulk shipping or preparing the same type frames at the same time.

I'm on the Avenue and this remains the site carpark even though I have been assured last week they are on track.

Cheers, thanks for that. Fingers crossed they r on track

• Advertisement

Cheers, thanks for that. Fingers crossed they r on track

You're not the only one my lease is up on the 5th of April and our landlord wants to sell so we are in limbo until we have a completion date.

You're not the only one my lease is up on the 5th of April and our landlord wants to sell so we are in limbo until we have a completion date.

Jesus!!! Hopefully u get in before that. We were lucky as our lease was up in February but our landlord let us do month by month. I want to give them as much notice as possible as they were very good to us.

Jesus!!! Hopefully u get in before that. We were lucky as our lease was up in February but our landlord let us do month by month. I want to give them as much notice as possible as they were very good to us.

Yea I am hoping we can move in by May and we can spend a month with family. Any more than that gets tedious as they are down the country and I work in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Hey Doyle.82,
    did you get your contract signed by the builder company so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Anyone heard anymore about the HTB? My solicitor wrote to AMOSS to request they amend the contracts to reflect the scheme but we haven't heard anything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Anyone heard anymore about the HTB? My solicitor wrote to AMOSS to request they amend the contracts to reflect the scheme but we haven't heard anything back.

Our contracts were issued end of January and reflects the HTB scheme correctly.

I should be getting my contract next week we put down a booking deposit at the start of Feb for a house on The Green and I was told they where waiting on me to come back with my HTB details before they sent the contracts so I am assuming the contract will now include details on our HTB application.

I should be getting my contract next week we put down a booking deposit at the start of Feb for a house on The Green and I was told they where waiting on me to come back with my HTB details before they sent the contracts so I am assuming the contract will now include details on our HTB application.

The contract should be fine then. What completion date were you given for The Green?

Pedro32561 wrote: »

The contract should be fine then. What completion date were you given for The Green?[/quote]

We where told it should be completed in Aug so I have no idea if that is realistic or not.

We where told it should be completed in Aug so I have no idea if that is realistic or not.

I'm on The Green too and was told late summer.

Our solicitor got back to me today looking for proof of my grant. I sent them the reference codes previously but I guess they wanted a screenshot or something.

In a catch 22 because I want the contract amended to reflect that we pay the outstanding balance minus the 5% from revenue. But I need the signed contract to complete the application.

Yeah we're in the same boat, wish they would just reasonable about it!!

Our solicitor got back to me today looking for proof of my grant. I sent them the reference codes previously but I guess they wanted a screenshot or something.

In a catch 22 because I want the contract amended to reflect that we pay the outstanding balance minus the 5% from revenue. But I need the signed contract to complete the application.

Did they say to you that they would refund the grant money back to you after closing?? That's what we were told.

Did they say to you that they would refund the grant money back to you after closing?? That's what we were told.

Not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

does anybody know the dimensions of the back gardens? are they going to be as big as they are shown on the map in the showhouse?

• Advertisement

harroll wrote: »
    does anybody know the dimensions of the back gardens? are they going to be as big as they are shown on the map in the showhouse?

Yup, see attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

Yup, see attached.

that's a great help. thanks very much. sherry Fitzgerald are useless for any information

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

Hi anybody knw the contact number of Brian, the foreman of work site. Pls pm me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

stany79 wrote: »
    Hi anybody knw the contact number of Brian, the foreman of work site. Pls pm me, thanks

PM sent

ialex87 wrote: »
    Hey Doyle.82,
    did you get your contract signed by the builder company so far ?

No, we sent our contracts back before Christmas but we still haven't got it back from the builder. I'm onto my solicitor every week but he keeps telling us next week. !!!!

Doyle.82 Thanks for reply.

I just got an email from my solicitor (I'm on The Drive). He says "we are advised that the elevation has changed slightly" and he needs my confirmation that I'm good to go with this changes

I'm wondering what "slightly" means in metric terms ? I don't have any metrics in my contract nor in building blueprint.

Is anybody her in the boat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

I just got an email from my solicitor (I'm on The Drive). He says "we are advised that the elevation has changed slightly" and he needs my confirmation that I'm good to go with this changes

I'm wondering what "slightly" means in metric terms ? I don't have any metrics in my contract nor in building blueprint.

I got the same email today I am waiting to hear back from Sherry Fitz as the person I spoke to today did not know about changes.

I requested for explicit explanation of "slightly" what that means in metrics.

I didn't hear anything about that, although my solicitor has to be pushed to do anything.

What exactly did they say??

• Advertisement

I didn't hear anything about that, although my solicitor has to be pushed to do anything.

What exactly did they say??
    The same is with my solicitor ...

So far no reply, but he made a request.

Advertisement