Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi Guys,

My solicitor received a letter from Amoss saying that there would be a slight amendment in the front elevation of property. I am buying B1 on the avenue. Does anyone received the same letter? As I can't figure out how it would be different from previous plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi Guys,

My solicitor received a letter from Amoss saying that there would be a slight amendment in the front elevation of property. I am buying B1 on the avenue. Does anyone received the same letter? As I can't figure out how it would be different from previous plan.

I also got that, we are on the Drive. Not sure what that's about though....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

I believe they just will build a Hobbit tall house for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Hi Guys,

Did they provide any detail? I have a B1 booked on The Green. Presume they could all be changing if a couple of people have already got these notifications.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Did they provide any detail? I have a B1 booked on The Green. Presume they could all be changing if a couple of people have already got these notifications.

No they just send a drawing of house showing front elevation which isn't self explanatory ðŸ™
    Attaching an image, I wonder if someone can explain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

No body can explain mate, is nonsense comparing 2 pictures with no metrics. I'm amazed but what contract I got, no metrics nothing, and my solicitor says to "compare this change with blueprint from my current contract"

No they just send a drawing of house showing front elevation which isn't self explanatory ðŸ™
    Attaching an image, I wonder if someone can explain!!!

That's ridiculous. There's no obvious difference at all! I've just put that side by side with the drawing in my contract and there's no difference.

That's ridiculous. There's no obvious difference at all! I've just put that side by side with the drawing in my contract and there's no difference.

I spotted a small differences, the sitting room windows are smaller so that you can see the wall underneath and the master bedroom windows upstairs only has 3 panels instead of six

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Here ya go guys.
    I had a look at all the plans and here are the changes I have found.

A - Space between the windows are smooth and no longer have the horizontal lines
    B - Windows now open to the full height of the window
    C - Solars removed (we knew this)
    D - Window now opens full height of the window

I've overlayed everything over itself in regards to the dimensions and everything seems to be in the same place in regards to windows etc with only a few pixels showing a difference here and there.

mooneyd wrote: »
    Here ya go guys.
    I had a look at all the plans and here are the changes I have found.

A - Space between the windows are smooth and no longer have the horizontal lines
    B - Windows now open to the full height of the window
    C - Solars removed (we knew this)
    D - Window now opens full height of the window

I've overlayed everything over itself in regards to the dimensions and everything seems to be in the same place in regards to windows etc with only a few pixels showing a difference here and there.

Thanks for doing this. Seems that my contract already had this elevation, so anyone who got contracts recently (got mine end January) won't have changes. Overall they seem fairly minor anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

Any one who has moved in, how are you finding your alarm system if you have got one put in after any recommendations ? also with all the restrictions on drilling into the outer walls how are the bell boxes fixed to the house.

Also anyone who has gone with virgin for there internet provider what kind of speeds have you been getting have you had any issues with wifi traveling through rooms in the house ?

Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Speed test on Virgin 240Mb package http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6097743505 doubt there would be any difference with the 360Mb one. Wi-Fi is OK, the inner walls are all standard plasterboard/studs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

Cheer croc

Speed test on Virgin 240Mb package http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6097743505 doubt there would be any difference with the 360Mb one. Wi-Fi is OK, the inner walls are all standard plasterboard/studs.

Thanks for this Brian. Speeds don't seem wonderful. I'm getting the following speeds consistently, 10 minutes away from Hansfield: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1997637888

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella2012

Hi how can I get the eircode for the home insurance? I have been contacted for the home inspection and nobody knows the eircode of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Stella2012 wrote: »
    Hi how can I get the eircode for the home insurance? I have been contacted for the home inspection and nobody knows the eircode of my house.

Don't know it stella but won't your house have its own unique eircode,
    isn't that the problem everyone has with them Ie they don't run in sequence

You won't get an Eircode until May at the earliest https://www.eircode.ie/getting-an-eircode it's done on a quarterly basis. We still haven't received one and we've been living in our house for nearly a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella2012

You won't get an Eircode until May at the earliest https://www.eircode.ie/getting-an-eircode it's done on a quarterly basis. We still haven't received one and we've been living in our house for nearly a month.

Thanks. How did you get your home insurance? All insurances ask for this eircode😨

Thanks. How did you get your home insurance? All insurances ask for this eircode😨
    We had to call them directly, the online systems couldn't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

For guys who already moved in, do you have a problem with the hot water temperature in en-suite? I normally like to take very hot shower, I still feel cold last night even I put shower control to the highest temperature (I guess it 38?) I wonder whether I miss something? Can I get very hot water in the shower? And I didn't notice the extractor on the ceiling is working after taking the shower. There's no specific sound coming from it. How can I know it works properly?

Another problem is the smell of the room, I haven't done floor yet, but I do clean the rooms. I still feel the smell in the room (from the concrete in the ground floor and from the wood in the first floor) is strong and not nice. I wonder how do you get rid of it? Open the window for several days? Now I'm worried that those smells are harmful to health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Just a quick question for anyone else who has bought on The Green.
    Any sign of the contracts yet ? We paid the deposit in early February and the solicitor has heard nothing from Sherry Fitzgerald.
    Tried to call my contact there but no answer. They called us to confirm that we had been approved for the Help to Buy Scheme and I was assuming the contracts would follow but nothing.
    Should I be worried or is this standard ? Any info would help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

LollieB25 wrote: »
    Just a quick question for anyone else who has bought on The Green.
    Any sign of the contracts yet ? We paid the deposit in early February and the solicitor has heard nothing from Sherry Fitzgerald.
    Tried to call my contact there but no answer. They called us to confirm that we had been approved for the Help to Buy Scheme and I was assuming the contracts would follow but nothing.
    Should I be worried or is this standard ? Any info would help :)

I bought on the green and was told the contract would be sent out this week they where waiting on my HTB codes. We may be switching house now so my contract will be delayed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ongarhw

Usually your Sales Advisor at (SF) should be able to tell you when they are going to send contracts and if delayed for some reason they should be able to tell you. Usually contracts are sent immediately once the initial deposit is paid. They might take time in responding only if you/ your solicitor has any additional queries.

Thanks for the input ! Sherry Fitzgerald just got back to me there. They didn't have the HTB details so I've
    passed these on and they said the contract should be issued this week :)
    Also has anyone that has bought in the Green have a completion date ? We have just been told late Summer.

Thanks for the input ! Sherry Fitzgerald just got back to me there. They didn't have the HTB details so I've
    Also has anyone that has bought in the Green have a completion date ? We have just been told late Summer.

We've been told the same. What part of the Green are you on?

We've been told the same. What part of the Green are you on?

We are going to be The Green, The Paddocks. Very strange name if you ask me !

We are going to be The Green, The Paddocks. Very strange name if you ask me !

True! I don't understand where The Paddocks has come from. Hansfield Wood doesn't actually feature in the address at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

For everyone asking about side gates.
    I noticed that the B4 just past the last show house has a side gate fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

Hi Guys,

We have bought on The Drive. Just wondering for those who have moved in, how much notice did you get before moving in?? We are still being told April!!!! Just wondering are you given a months notice or a few weeks?? I need to give my landlord notice and would like to give as much possible.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

We have bought on The Drive. Just wondering for those who have moved in, how much notice did you get before moving in?? We are still being told April!!!! Just wondering are you given a months notice or a few weeks?? I need to give my landlord notice and would like to give as much possible.

Cheers.

We bought on the Drive too, was told today by SF that it's due in June.

Advertisement