Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

Thanks Wannabebuyer. What number are you on The Drive?? Were you originally told April aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

I was having a look up there at the weekend and it looked like numbers 1 to 13 The Drive only had foundations in place. I think numbers 14 to 17 were a bit further along.

Yeah, 14-17 have the precast done on the ground floor. Hopefully the first floor will be up this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    Yeah, 14-17 have the precast done on the ground floor. Hopefully the first floor will be up this week.

Oh really? I thought they would start with no 1!! We are no 2 so that's a pity! We were originally told April but that was last November, SF said today June.

Did you just ring them i their head offce or have you a number for them?? We were told 2 weeks ago by SF that they are still on track for April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    Did you just ring them i their head offce or have you a number for them?? We were told 2 weeks ago by SF that they are still on track for April.

Yeah I rang the new homes office, think it's the Ballsbridge office and ask for Katie, she looks after the Hansfield development.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

does anyone know if the box room in the end of terrace D1/D3 has a built in wardrobe? we can't get a look at any end of terrace houses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

scribe_1 wrote: »
    Any one who has moved in, how are you finding your alarm system if you have got one put in after any recommendations ? also with all the restrictions on drilling into the outer walls how are the bell boxes fixed to the house.
    I was wondering about that as well, a neighbor said the red brick part of the house is actual brick and so OK to attach an alarm bell onto. The contract specifies brick finish or dry dash. I'm going to ask the builder just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

I was wondering about that as well, a neighbor said the red brick part of the house is actual brick and so OK to attach an alarm bell onto. The contract specifies brick finish or dry dash. I'm going to ask the builder just to make sure.

There actually called "brick slips) brian. Its basically a brick thats been cut or made to be about 30mm thick, maybe a bit less, They are not structural as they are "stuck" to the external insulation that surrounds the house, However they will be absolutely fine to put an alarm box or security light on.
    Dont worry about it in the slightest.

If you look up likestone.ie you will see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

harroll wrote:
    does anyone know if the box room in the end of terrace D1/D3 has a built in wardrobe? we can't get a look at any end of terrace houses

Yes all rooms have built-in wardrobe for D1/D3 type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

Folks I got a call from Sherry Fitz this morning. I am buying on the green and the completion date has moved forward to June in some parts and July for other parts.

Folks I got a call from Sherry Fitz this morning. I am buying on the green and the completion date has moved forward to June in some parts and July for other parts.

I was chatting to them also. They reckon that 1 to 15 The Green will be ready early June. I'm a bit sceptical considering there are so many houses to complete before then. I'm thinking July at the earliest myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Guys, don't be so pessimistic, let's hope for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

We were told February or march for the avenue and we still haven't heard a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    We were told February or march for the avenue and we still haven't heard a thing.
    I’m also buying on the Avenue, the Foreman was talking with my husband the other day and he said that in the week of Saint Patricks we should get ready for snagging, the house we are buying is done, but apparently waiting for electricity connection. We haven’t heard anything since, and I doubt we will doing snagging next week, it is very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Adrian M

Can you tell me please what you think about Samsung Heating system How effective they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Vivian wrote: »
    I’m also buying on the Avenue, the Foreman was talking with my husband the other day and he said that in the week of Saint Patricks we should get ready for snagging, the house we are buying is done, but apparently waiting for electricity connection. We haven’t heard anything since, and I doubt we will doing snagging next week, it is very frustrating!

Guys, I'm also on The Avenue (one of last houses on the left) and was told by Sherry Fitz electrical Wednesday last week that the ESB sub-station and meters were going in last week and the house should be ready for inspection by the 24th March and occupation then within a week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm also on The Avenue (one of last houses on the left) and was told by Sherry Fitz electrical Wednesday last week that the ESB sub-station and meters were going in last week and the house should be ready for inspection by the 24th March and occupation then within a week or two...

Thanks Jake!, I'm really looking forward for the time to move!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Any sign of them moving the site carpark yet??

mooneyd wrote: »
    Any sign of them moving the site carpark yet??

It was still there on Sunday! There were foundations right up beside it though so hopefully it's gone this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

Jake2016 wrote: »

Hi Jake thanks for the update - I am on the Avenue too. Exciting times! I am on the row opposite the apartment blocks, 2 weeks ago, there were already electricity on my row.

There actually called "brick slips) brian. Its basically a brick thats been cut or made to be about 30mm thick, maybe a bit less, They are not structural as they are "stuck" to the external insulation that surrounds the house, However they will be absolutely fine to put an alarm box or security light on.
    Dont worry about it in the slightest.

If you look up likestone.ie you will see them.
    Excellent, thanks for that, this looks like it, http://likestone.ie/brick-slip/red-brick-cladding-moscow.html you can see they use Hansfield Wood in their photos. It says 2 cms thick, should probably still be OK I guess.

Adrian M wrote: »
    Can you tell me please what you think about Samsung Heating system How effective they are?
    It's OK, the water is great, always warm water. The heating is not quite as great, you won't be cold, it's comfortable but it seems to top out at 21c. While the show houses can hit higher temperatures, one of the plumbers mentioned that maybe the show houses haven't been commissioned yet. So maybe before hand over they commission the heating system which includes throttling it/limiting it. Or maybe there is something wrong with our house compared to the show houses. It wouldn't put me off the houses though, I'd love to understand the system better and what it's capable of. We've now set the thermostat to 20c downstairs and it's on roughly 60% of the time.

For guys who already moved in, do you have a problem with the hot water temperature in en-suite? I normally like to take very hot shower, I still feel cold last night even I put shower control to the highest temperature (I guess it 38?) I wonder whether I miss something? Can I get very hot water in the shower? And I didn't notice the extractor on the ceiling is working after taking the shower. There's no specific sound coming from it. How can I know it works properly?

Another problem is the smell of the room, I haven't done floor yet, but I do clean the rooms. I still feel the smell in the room (from the concrete in the ground floor and from the wood in the first floor) is strong and not nice. I wonder how do you get rid of it? Open the window for several days? Now I'm worried that those smells are harmful to health.
    That doesn't sound right at all. We don't take very hot showers so we don't set it high but we definitively don't get cold water. What about from your taps, what's the temperature like from them? Ye the extractor fan seems to make very little noise, I think it's on all the time as far as I can tell. We haven't had weird smells in our house from the house, but we got the flooring done before moving in.

I mentioned sound transfer between the houses when I met a few people from boards before. We were able to hear our neighbours who were hosting a friend in their kitchen in our kitchen and it was fairly clear/loud. I knocked in to our neighbor to ask them how much noise they hear from us. They explained that the guest was hard of hearing and so speaks loudly so it wasn't a normal conversational tone that we heard. The neighbor also said that when he removed the skirting on the wall between the two house there was a gap between the wall and the ground which probably allows some noise to filter between the two houses. I have no idea if that's normal in all the houses or not. If anyone pulls off their skirting they can take a look. He asked if he could fill it up and the builder said it would be dangerous/a possible fire hazard.

I mentioned sound transfer between the houses when I met a few people from boards before. We were able to hear our neighbours who were hosting a friend in their kitchen in our kitchen and it was fairly clear/loud. I knocked in to our neighbor to ask them how much noise they hear from us. They explained that the guest was hard of hearing and so speaks loudly so it wasn't a normal conversational tone that we heard. The neighbor also said that when he removed the skirting on the wall between the two house there was a gap between the wall and the ground which probably allows some noise to filter between the two houses. I have no idea if that's normal in all the houses or not. If anyone pulls off their skirting they can take a look. He asked if he could fill it up and the builder said it would be dangerous/a possible fire hazard.

If anything it is a fire hazard u filled i will be checking that when mine is built i wouldn't be happy with that. If a fire was to happen next door the smoke travel would effect your house not right at all i would get that checked ASAP !

If anything it is a fire hazard unfilled i will be checking that when mine is built i wouldn't be happy with that. If a fire was to happen next door the smoke travel would effect your house not right at all i would get that checked ASAP !

Smoke rises, and the skirting is in the way. I think the neighbor said the gap was about 1cm. It might just be our houses or it might be that the concrete walls between houses aren't flat to the ground all along the perimeter.
    If anything it is a fire hazard unfilled i will be checking that when mine is built i wouldn't be happy with that. If a fire was to happen next door the smoke travel would effect your house not right at all i would get that checked ASAP !

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Appreciate the letter in the door from #18 about their party. Very considerate! :)

• Advertisement

Smoke does rise intially but in a house fire it then drops down to the floor regardless of a skirting it should be solid.

I'm no expert on building matters but that doesn't seem right.

Advertisement