Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

Hi, please help me to choose the fridge/freezer. the best capacity fridge/freezer that we can fix in our cabinet. I found that most of fridges are 60 cm width, but our cabinet allows only 56 cm wide. i am planning 50:50 fridge/freezer by re-fixing the cabinet height.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Smoke does rise intially but in a house fire it then drops down to the floor regardless of a skirting it should be solid.

I'm no expert on building matters but that doesn't seem right.

Guys you are making a huge deal out of nothing, The gap is between the "PLASTERBOARD" and the floor. Its not a gap in the precast wall!

A plasterboard is 2400mm long, Your ceilings would be slightly higher. 100% normal. If you take off all your shirtings you will see this everywhere there is plasterboard.

Plasterboard is best kept off the floor anyhow because if theres a leak it will soak up the water and allow it to rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

AGUSIA1 wrote: »

Guys you are making a huge deal out of nothing, The gap is between the "PLASTERBOARD" and the floor. Its not a gap in the precast wall!

A plasterboard is 2400mm long, Your ceilings would be slightly higher. 100% normal. If you take off all your shirtings you will see this everywhere there is plasterboard.

Plasterboard is best kept off the floor anyhow because if theres a leak it will soak up the water and allow it to rise.[/quote]

Cheers I was visualising a gap in the previous cast being able to look into the next door house if you took off the skirting. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

I mentioned sound transfer between the houses when I met a few people from boards before. We were able to hear our neighbours who were hosting a friend in their kitchen in our kitchen and it was fairly clear/loud. I knocked in to our neighbor to ask them how much noise they hear from us. They explained that the guest was hard of hearing and so speaks loudly so it wasn't a normal conversational tone that we heard. The neighbor also said that when he removed the skirting on the wall between the two house there was a gap between the wall and the ground which probably allows some noise to filter between the two houses. I have no idea if that's normal in all the houses or not. If anyone pulls off their skirting they can take a look. He asked if he could fill it up and the builder said it would be dangerous/a possible fire hazard.

Was that just a one-off with the sound transfer Brian, or is it happening regularly, or in any particular rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

stany79 wrote: »
    Hi, please help me to choose the fridge/freezer. the best capacity fridge/freezer that we can fix in our cabinet. I found that most of fridges are 60 cm width, but our cabinet allows only 56 cm wide. i am planning 50:50 fridge/freezer by re-fixing the cabinet height.
    I think you are looking at stand alone fridges, integrated fridges are ~56cm wide. What do you mean by re-fixing the cabinet height?

• Advertisement

hw1234 wrote: »
    Appreciate the letter in the door from #18 about their party. Very considerate! :)
    Yes it is. It does highlight a problem with the estate though, there is no guest parking and the roads are too narrow. I remember reading in the planning application that the council asked for the roads to be this narrow but they are awkward. The grass verges are going to be end up destroyed as that's the only place for people to park. It would be better if they replaced them with parking bays so guests could park safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭benjilxp

scribe_1 wrote: »
    its about a 15 mil finish not a standard red brick more like a tile, the render covering the insolation is about the same thickness

I'm working on these houses atm and see how most things are being done,it's a fake brick stuck onto a block wall so they are probably 2 inches thick

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    It was still there on Sunday! There were foundations right up beside it though so hopefully it's gone this week.

Not won't be for a few weeks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

has any one had any issues putting in appliances ? got mine in this week with out problems till we got to the dish washer and seem to be missing a shelf for a standard one to sit on, The door they provide would be flush with the counter like the rest of the cabinets but as it sits currently is too low ?

Any suggestions?

scribe_1 wrote: »
    has any one had any issues putting in appliances ? got mine in this week with out problems till we got to the dish washer and seem to be missing a shelf for a standard one to sit on, The door they provide would be flush with the counter like the rest of the cabinets but as it sits currently is too low ?

Any suggestions?
    Our tiler put tiles in the dishwasher bay, I guess you've already put in your flooring but kept the dishwaster bay unfloored? Although the person we got to do the dishwasher installation had to trim the top of the kitchen kickboard to allow the door to open properly...still happy we got the dishwasher bay tiled though.

• Advertisement

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Was that just a one-off with the sound transfer Brian, or is it happening regularly, or in any particular rooms?
    You can hear people between the two kitchens but our neighbours don't have a couch yet, I think, so they don't use their sitting room much. It's not as bad as when they had their hard of hearing guest though, it's a muffled murmur. Doesn't bother us.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »

Plasterboard is best kept off the floor anyhow because if theres a leak it will soak up the water and allow it to rise.
    That's what I thought he meant originally but he explained that the plasterboard gap was even larger, 2-3cm and that there was a gap between the internal precast concrete wall and the floor. I may have misunderstood though. By the way the plaster board is only one side of the boundary walls. One side has only precast concrete and the other side has plasterboard over the precast concrete.

That's what I thought he meant originally but he explained that the plasterboard gap was even larger, 2-3cm and that there was a gap between the internal precast concrete wall and the floor. I may have misunderstood though. By the way the plaster board is only one side of the boundary walls. One side has only precast concrete and the other side has plasterboard over the precast concrete.

Not on every house,some houses precast walls are rough on both sides so 2 houses side by side could both have the stairway wall plasterboarded.some walls have a smooth finish on both sides

benjilxp wrote: »
    Not on every house,some houses precast walls are rough on both sides so 2 houses side by side could both have the stairway wall plasterboarded.some walls have a smooth finish on both sides
    I see; so whether you have plasterboard or not depends on the finish of the precast wall?

I see; so whether you have plasterboard or not depends on the finish of the precast wall?

Yeah that's the only reason any external or stairway walls are plasterboarded.all the internal wall are stud walls apart from the one underneath the staircase which is precast

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

That doesn't sound right at all. We don't take very hot showers so we don't set it high but we definitively don't get cold water. What about from your taps, what's the temperature like from them? Ye the extractor fan seems to make very little noise, I think it's on all the time as far as I can tell. We haven't had weird smells in our house from the house, but we got the flooring done before moving in.

thanks for the reply! I had a plumber to have a look, it turned out that was my mistake: there's a children lock in the shower. Now I can take hot showers :) The plumber also check he extractor fans, I told him I didn't feel any flow of air there when I put my finger around it after taking shower, he first went to attic to make sure all pipes are not blocked by insulation; then he told me he thinks it should work, one evidence is the room should be not full of steam after taking shower. Still, I will pay attention about this next time when I take shower.

One thing bothered me is the water stain in the kitchen sink/bathroom sinks. They always have lots of very obvious water stains even I just open the tap to let water out for a while. Is it because the problem of water is not good or because all sinks are easily to have stains on them?

Dear neighbours who have already finished flooring and blinds installation,

could you please recommend good blinds&flooring shops? Also I have a few questions:

1) how long will it take for flooring? Does tiling take longer than putting laminate? Also, I guess the skirting needs to be taken out and the doors may also needs to be trimmed, if I buy the laminates from the store and find a guy to fit it, will the fitter take care of this (skirting&doors)?

2) binds: I like the Venetian styles. I went to Clonsilla blinds yesterday, I was told the Venetian style is quite heavy and is not supposed to be pulled up frequently. So how can I open the window in the living room/main bedroom if I install this kind of blind?

3) panda bins: I visited their website but the new customer page never works. How does the system work? Should I call them then they will send three bins to the house? I heard the system is changing now, you can choose charge per lift or per kg, which one is better?

Yes it is. It does highlight a problem with the estate though, there is no guest parking and the roads are too narrow. I remember reading in the planning application that the council asked for the roads to be this narrow but they are awkward. The grass verges are going to be end up destroyed as that's the only place for people to park. It would be better if they replaced them with parking bays so guests could park safely.

I was not very happy about this. First, I didn't get the letter of the notice beforehand. Second, two big cars parked in front of my doors without saying anything, and one car destroy one corner of the grass verges in font of my living room. I then requested the cars should be parked in other places (sorry to the neighbour but I didn't know there's a party going on at that time) Later, a few people came out and stood in front of my door, chatting and smoking. I'm fine that they stand there and chat given this is a party time, but I was pissed off that they throw the cigarette butts on the grass verge in front of my house!:mad:

One thing I notice about the sound: when they chatted there, I still can hear the sound clearly in the upstairs or downstairs even I closed all windows. I guess the house is not really soundproofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

thanks for the reply! I had a plumber to have a look, it turned out that was my mistake: there's a children lock in the shower. Now I can take hot showers :) The plumber also check he extractor fans, I told him I didn't feel any flow of air there when I put my finger around it after taking shower, he first went to attic to make sure all pipes are not blocked by insulation; then he told me he thinks it should work, one evidence is the room should be not full of steam after taking shower. Still, I will pay attention about this next time when I take shower.

One thing bothered me is the water stain in the kitchen sink/bathroom sinks. They always have lots of very obvious water stains even I just open the tap to let water out for a while. Is it because the problem of water is not good or because all sinks are easily to have stains on them?

Would the water stains have anything to do with how hard the water is in the area? Maybe a water softener is required although they are quite pricey and bulky.

Any opinions??

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Guys,
    I know this was mentioned before but what is happening to those of you who availed of the HTB scheme and the builder is making you pay the 10% up front still?

Did you get anything in writing to say they will be refunding you the 5%? or are you just knocking 5% off your mortgage draw down?
    The builder has told us we have until Thursday to sign the contract but wont put anything in writing about giving us back the 5%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Would the water stains have anything to do with how hard the water is in the area? Maybe a water softener is required although they are quite pricey and bulky.

AGUSIA1 wrote:
    Any opinions??

Just got a water softener for €750, and it's cost 200 annually to run including salt and services , it's also depending on salt usages. €10 for a 25kg page of salt for 6 weeks. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

mooneyd wrote: »
    Guys,
    I know this was mentioned before but what is happening to those of you who availed of the HTB scheme and the builder is making you pay the 10% up front still?

Did you get anything in writing to say they will be refunding you the 5%? or are you just knocking 5% off your mortgage draw down?
    The builder has told us we have until Thursday to sign the contract but wont put anything in writing about giving us back the 5%

We paid the 10% as there was no give with the developers no matter what angle we came from. We had a problem with our HTB application so we paid the 10% to the developers and as far as I am aware it will go off the balance. My broker has suggested getting in touch with the bank as we were approved for the full 90% of the purchase price and see if upon drawdown they will release the funds to us. Extremely unlikely but that was literally all the advice she could offer if we wanted to proceed with this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    mooneyd wrote: »
    Guys,

We paid the 10% as there was no give with the developers no matter what angle we came from. We had a problem with our HTB application so we paid the 10% to the developers and as far as I am aware it will go off the balance. My broker has suggested getting in touch with the bank as we were approved for the full 90% of the purchase price and see if upon drawdown they will release the funds to us. Extremely unlikely but that was literally all the advice she could offer if we wanted to proceed with this house.

We were in the exact same position. Paid the full deposit last week.We were told the 10% will be taken off the balance at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

Hi all, i have 200 euro Credit note from Clonsilla Blinds as our plan is changed and not going with blinds anymore  so no use of this 200 euro credit note, if anyone going to buy Blinds from Clonsilla blinds please let me know and i can give this credit note  of 200 Euro. Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

Anyone with a house on the Park know when they'll be ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

What do you mean by water stains?

We're eligible for HTB and didn't need to change our contracts or anything. We got a call from Sherry Fitz a while back asking for our HTB details and transferred the 5% deposit (minus our 5k booking deposit) to our solicitor upon signing our contracts. As far as I'm aware it's all progressing smoothly - at least nobody has told us otherwise. Our 5k booking deposit has now also been transferred from Sherry Fitz to the builder.

For anyone that has moved into a B4
    Can you tell me what the measurements are in the main bedroom between the wardrobe where the bed goes.

I just want to know will a king bed fit in ?

For anyone that has moved into a B4
    Can you tell me what the measurements are in the main bedroom between the wardrobe where the bed goes.

I just want to know will a king bed fit in ?

Hey, yea a king size fits fine.

You can fit a super king also once the bed frame does not pass the outside of the mattress or if you trim back the lockers you can make a bigger frame fit.
    But honestly I like the little lockers so we're selling ours for a king.

When I measured the room the dim's were:
    • Locker to locker; 168
    • Wardrobe to wardrobe 220
    • Floor to bottom of overhead wardrobe: 178

Thanks for that much appreciated ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Thanks for that much appreciated ðŸ‘

Updated with dimensions.

Advertisement