Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ialex87 wrote: »
    Why wireless ? Wireless can be hacked :rolleyes:
    The house isn't wired, it's built with precast walls and they don't have conduits for the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

The house isn't wired, it's built with precast walls and they don't have conduits for the cables.

I thought SF told me when I bought that the house was first fixed for the alarm??? I could be wrong or on the other hand wouldn't be surprised if they gave me wrong info.

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    I thought SF told me when I bought that the house was first fixed for the alarm??? I could be wrong or on the other hand wouldn't be surprised if they gave me wrong info.
    Maybe the newer houses? Not our houses on The Lawn anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was also told this. :/

I've just checked the brochure and it just mentions that it's wired for Eircom, Virgin etc., nothing about alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Just checked the specification sheet for The Drive that my solicitor got with our contracts, and there's no mention of any alarm wiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Same was told to me! F* liars :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

When purchasing a house & dealing with builders, estate agents etc. - pinch of salt comes to mind! Golden rule is start a paper / email trail it catches out the bulls***ers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vivian

Hi, could anyone please PM Brian's mobile number; I need to contact him ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Anyone knows if Bath tub Shield is not part of standard setup to be provided by the Builder..cheers

SalaKash wrote: »
    Anyone knows if Bath tub Shield is not part of standard setup to be provided by the Builder..cheers

SF have told me it's included. Additionally, my specification sheet included with the contract states that the main bathroom will have a thermostatically controlled pump-fed shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    SalaKash wrote: »

SF have told me it's included. Additionally, my specification sheet included with the contract states that the main bathroom will have a thermostatically controlled pump-fed shower.

Thanks Pedro.. now they are saying it was included however it's no more a standard available option.. anyone in avenue knows if it's there or not .. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

I just did final inspection and also noticed that the shower screen on the ensuite and the bath tub shield was not included - I asked Brian the foreman and he said these were included for the Dec phase but not anymore - absurd that it is not consistent but not sure what we can do about it. Also he has clarified alarms will have to be wireless. House should be completed next tues so looking to close next week! Have a Floorer that has been at absolute gent to deal with so far and from photos of his past project work seems good. Prices are not too unreasonable - he does tiles and laminate so if anyone needs his details do pm me:)

annetcl wrote: »
    I just did final inspection and also noticed that the shower screen on the ensuite and the bath tub shield was not included - I asked Brian the foreman and he said these were included for the Dec phase but not anymore - absurd that it is not consistent but not sure what we can do about it. Also he has clarified alarms will have to be wireless. House should be completed next tues so looking to close next week! Have a Floorer that has been at absolute gent to deal with so far and from photos of his past project work seems good. Prices are not too unreasonable - he does tiles and laminate so if anyone needs his details do pm me:)

In the main bathroom, is there a shower installed or just taps for a bath? Would you pm me details of your floor guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

Ann, could you please PM me your tiler's no. Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

In the main bathroom, is there a shower installed or just taps for a bath? Would you pm me details of your floor guy?

There was a shower installed yesterday during the final inspection - so yes its included with the house (bonus! as i thought this wasn't provided). The bracket was not fitted but Brian said it will be provided when you get the keys. They don't want to fit as the height required may differ from person to person.

The reason it wasn't present during first inspection was because these tend to get stolen when houses were not locked.

will send pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi,
    Could you please PM his details and quotes please. Which type of house are you buying?

Thanks and kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi,
    Could you please pm me the tiler's details please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

What sort of tiling quotes are you guys getting for downstairs and how many rooms are you getting tiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

mooneyd wrote: »
    What sort of tiling quotes are you guys getting for downstairs and how many rooms are you getting tiled.

I'm also very interested to hear about tiler recommendations. Please reach out to me via PM.

Another question for those of you who have moved in.

Do ovens need to be hard wired in or is there a plug socket for them?

• Advertisement

Another question for those of you who have moved in.

Do ovens need to be hard wired in or is there a plug socket for them?
    Hardwired in.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi,
    Could you please pm me the tiler's details please. Thanks

Are the bathroom / ensuite/ downstairs toilet floors tilled already?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

They are but if your tiling downstairs you might want to remove the ones in the downstairs w/c supplied by the builder

Picked up a brochure today when we were down.
    Shows updated layout along with "Block T1/T2" I guess these are additional apartments.

Also in regards to the apartments I haven't seen these on sale yet are they going for private sale?

Picked up a brochure today when we were down.
    Shows updated layout along with "Block T1/T2" I guess these are additional apartments.

Also in regards to the apartments I haven't seen these on sale yet are they going for private sale?

At least some of the apartments have been offered to Fingal County Council as social housing to fulfil the developer's obligations in that respect. The apartments were offered instead of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 temperature123

At least some of the apartments have been offered to Fingal County Council as social housing to fulfil the developer's obligations in that respect. The apartments were offered instead of houses.
    do you have more detailed info about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

There was a shower installed yesterday during the final inspection - so yes its included with the house (bonus! as i thought this wasn't provided). The bracket was not fitted but Brian said it will be provided when you get the keys. They don't want to fit as the height required may differ from person to person.

The reason it wasn't present during first inspection was because these tend to get stolen when houses were not locked.

will send pm :)

could you pls tell me which bracket during the key hand over?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

Hi all see there is alot of people doing mods on there houses in the Lawn, Has anyone gone for an attic conversion ? it is something i would consider down the road and have seen alot of people have used gm carpentry ?

• Advertisement

scribe_1 wrote: »
    Hi all see there is alot of people doing mods on there houses in the Lawn, Has anyone gone for an attic conversion ? it is something i would consider down the road and have seen alot of people have used gm carpentry ?

I've heard the price of 14/15k for an attic conversation with ensuite.

Advertisement