Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

mooneyd wrote: »
    scribe_1 wrote: »
    Hi all see there is alot of people doing mods on there houses in the Lawn, Has anyone gone for an attic conversion ? it is something i would consider down the road and have seen alot of people have used gm carpentry ?

I've heard the price of 14/15k for an attic conversation with ensuite.

Cheers attics are big possible it was designed with that in mind would be intresting to see what 1 looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Cheers attics are big possible it was designed with that in mind would be intresting to see what 1 looks like

They 100% are convertible but definitely were not designed with that in mind.
    I suppose sherry fitz said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

AGUSIA1 wrote: »

They 100% are convertible but definitely were not designed with that in mind.
    I suppose sherry fitz said that?
    For once it wasn't them who said it was surprised with the amount of people it looks to have done it it is thought it was going to be quite difficult with the design of the roof layout I'm in a b4 and have a large attic space but 2 sets of supports in the center was thinking they would possibly need a steel rsj to support the roof if moving these

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

Hi Guys,

Just been onto the foreman there and he STILL can't give me a completion date for The Drive. We're No. 14, does anyone have any idea of dates?? He's telling me sometime in May. I was told 2 weeks ago end of April but looks like it's been pushed out. Very frustrating as we have a baby on the way in the next few weeks n we need to give our landlord dates.

Cheers

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

annetcl wrote: »
    There was a shower installed yesterday during the final inspection - so yes its included with the house (bonus! as i thought this wasn't provided). The bracket was not fitted but Brian said it will be provided when you get the keys. They don't want to fit as the height required may differ from person to person.

The reason it wasn't present during first inspection was because these tend to get stolen when houses were not locked.

will send pm :)
    I talked to Brian,. He said shower door in En-suit is not included. it was only given to first 26 houses.
    Wan't happy at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

I talked to Brian,. He said shower door in En-suit is not included. it was only given to first 26 houses.
    Wan't happy at all :(

We have to write a complain to SF as they assured us "Everything will be like in show house"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

Hi all see there is alot of people doing mods on there houses in the Lawn, Has anyone gone for an attic conversion ? it is something i would consider down the road and have seen alot of people have used gm carpentry ?

there is a video of a completed conversion at what looks like a 4 bedroom at Hansfield Wood on their fb page if you are curious

https://www.facebook.com/Gm-carpentry-construction-525602107588363/

annetcl wrote: »
    there is a video of a completed conversion at what looks like a 4 bedroom at Hansfield Wood on their fb page if you are curious

https://www.facebook.com/Gm-carpentry-construction-525602107588363/

Looks awesome, I'm curious how much such work could cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ialex87 wrote: »
    Looks awesome, I'm curious how much such work could cost...
    That's the mid-terrace across the road from me, a B/A house would have a slightly larger room as those houses are wider.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

That's the mid-terrace across the road from me, a B/A house would have a slightly larger room as those houses are wider.

Not sure it's mid terrace - looks to have a landing window in the video? Looks stunning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Confirmed with SF there are no shower doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ongarhw

But why ? they said that everything is included same as show house except Flooring and Appliances. This sounds crazy. if they start to remove everything one after other we would get only walls without plaster boards, house without heating (Joule) etc.

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Not sure it's mid terrace - looks to have a landing window in the video? Looks stunning though.
    I was in it, it's across the road from me.

They should have mentioned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

They should have mentioned :(

SF told me earlier that they didn't know anything about this and it was the first they heard! They were to get back to me but haven't.

So is there a shower door in the main bathroom?

SF told me earlier that they didn't know anything about this and it was the first they heard! They were to get back to me but haven't.

No Main bathroom doesn't have shower door as well but as far as I remember it wasn't in the show house as well.
    So I wasn't expecting to get it in main bathroom.

No Main bathroom doesn't have shower door as well but as far as I remember it wasn't in the show house as well.
    So I wasn't expecting to get it in main bathroom.

Can't remember the show house I've been waiting so long! This is disgraceful, I'm not going to let this go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ongarbuyer

Hey everyone, the show house deffo had a screen on the bath also! Very disappointing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

ongarbuyer wrote: »
    Hey everyone, the show house deffo had a screen on the bath also! Very disappointing :(

Apologies, the quality is terrible (this is GoPro footage) but both bathrooms in the 3 and 4 bed show houses had shower doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

How they got planning permission for that monstrosity of an apartment block on the allendale roundabout is mind boggling.

Also the smaller one beside the powerlines!! About 6 meters of a distance WTF.

• Advertisement

I was in it, it's across the road from me.

It's one of the 4 bed semis with a landing window backing out on to the hospital road

Phil.x wrote: »
    How they got planning permission for that monstrosity of an apartment block on the allendale roundabout is mind boggling.

Also the smaller one beside the powerlines!! About 6 meters of a distance WTF.

Good question! Also how/why did the council insist on the roads in the entire estate being that narrow - have visited other new estates in the area and the roads do not appear as narrow in them.

Can't remember the show house I've been waiting so long! This is disgraceful, I'm not going to let this go!

It's a shower door - it's not that big of a deal surely? #1stworldproblems..

You should get what you paid for #workedeveryhardtoaffordthishouse

It's not only about shower door. It's about getting you are promised and paid for.
    I find it unprofessional.

It's one of the 4 bed semis with a landing window backing out on to the hospital road
    The video that originally opened for me was for the mid terrace, now neither the mid terrace nor the 4 bed video start open for me when I click the link. The videos has the mid terrace video selected for me, not sure the URL specifies which video should play. I think the ordering might be based on what FB thinks you'd most interact with or which video was commented on last?

The video that originally opened for me was for the mid terrace, now neither the mid terrace nor the 4 bed video start open for me when I click the link. The videos has the mid terrace video selected for me, not sure the URL specifies which video should play. I think the ordering might be based on what FB thinks you'd most interact with or which video was commented on last?

If u are driving towards the roundabout from the Clonsilla train station road and look to your left you can see the attic conversion on one of the 4 bed semis (think it is 4 bed - could be 3 - its on the lawn maybe 11/12). There also looks to have been an attic conversion on one of the 3 bed mid terrace properties - the video I saw had a landing window in it so that has to be the 3/4 bed semi - perhaps the same company did both jobs?

If u are driving towards the roundabout from the Clonsilla train station road and look to your left you can see the attic conversion on one of the 4 bed semis (think it is 4 bed - could be 3 - its on the lawn maybe 11/12). There also looks to have been an attic conversion on one of the 3 bed mid terrace properties - the video I saw had a landing window in it so that has to be the 3/4 bed semi - perhaps the same company did both jobs?
    Yes, same company.

Yes, same company.

Looks to be a top finish - great use of space from what I saw

• Advertisement

I got an update from SF for the Drive:

"After meeting the client today the expected completion date is due now for the end of May"

Advertisement