Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Doyle.82

ialex87 wrote: »
    I got an update from SF for the Drive:

"After meeting the client today the expected completion date is due now for the end of May"

Is that for all of The Drive or was it for a certain house number?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    Is that for all of The Drive or was it for a certain house number?

Cheers

For numbers 10-14 if i'm not mistaken. Do you have other information ?

For numbers 10-14 if i'm not mistaken. Do you have other information ?

We're number 14. When I rang the foreman during the week he said mid May, told me to ring him early next week n he hoped to have a better idea. I'll let u know when I ring him next week.

Doyle.82 wrote: »
    We're number 14. When I rang the foreman during the week he said mid May, told me to ring him early next week n he hoped to have a better idea. I'll let u know when I ring him next week.

Thanks, I believe talking with foreman is better then to SF... IMO foreman has more data :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    It's a shower door - it's not that big of a deal surely? #1stworldproblems..
    It's not only about shower door. It's about getting you are promised and paid for.
    I find it unprofessional.

While I too am like oh wow yet another thing.... Its not included in the contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

anyone here is from B2 type?

Thanks, I believe talking with foreman is better then to SF... IMO foreman has more data :)

Hi ialex,

I met Brian the foreman today on site. The houses on The Drive (10-14) are first fixed M&E, walls skimmed and bathrooms tiled. He hopes to have the M&E guys back late this week/early next week to 2nd fix the houses. The houses behind us are being painted as we speak and they should be moving onto ours next week with the landscapers moving in after that. I would say in 2-3 weeks they will be very close to completion.

Again, as others have said, Brian confirmed there are no shower doors or bath screen (as we were all promised by SF), only the 1st 26 houses got these. In fairness to Brian it is nothing to do with him and he is very helpful.

Again, He told me they are having trouble with ESB connecting up so he can't give an exact date.

I'm not getting on Brian's case here but I am in the construction industry and I have never worked on a job where there was no completion date. I know from other housing estates that the client is given a completion date from early days and the builder is meeting programme. I'm baffled by how we can't get a completion date.

Although the houses should be close to completion in the next month, the site will have to be made safe before we can move in, roads done etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was sent a survey by Sherry FitzGerald today asking how did they do.

I expressed my thoughts on their reps actively lying to people about what was included. I doubt that will do any good. I really think everyone should take the time to get in touch with them to let them know how unprofessional this has been.

Apart from Katie, who has been nothing but polite, prompt and professional, everyone else there seems to be an utter chancer.

I work in sales and if I was outright lying to prospects in this way I would lose my job!

Attol wrote: »

I expressed my thoughts on their reps actively lying to people about what was included. I doubt that will do any good. I really think everyone should take the time to get in touch with them to let them know how unprofessional this has been.

Apart from Katie, who has been nothing but polite, prompt and professional, everyone else there seems to be an utter chancer.

I work in sales and if I was outright lying to prospects in this way I would lose my job!

Let's escalate this question to the principal manager of SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Let's escalate this question to the principal manager of SF.

I've requested information on their official complaints procedure.

Their code of conduct can be found here

• Advertisement

I've requested information on their official complaints procedure.

Their code of conduct can be found here

Will have to read it! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Well, I did told them that how unprofessional they are. Initially we were told that the complete date is in April/May before signing contract. Afterwards they would not give us any date and also refused to give me the the contact details of the builders so that I can asked them directly. Its so frustrating 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi, would anyone know if the fridge/freezer is 50/50 or 70/30?
    Thanks

Thanks

Are you buying appliances already ?

Thanks

70/30

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Thanks

Are you buying appliances already ?

No not yet, just having a look at appliances. Only realised that I never found that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

Just a quick one for people who have moved in regarding the skirting boards and their choice of flooring...did you remove them and put them back or go with beading?

After speaking to Brian about it and they said it's company policy they will not leave skirting boards off.

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    Just a quick one for people who have moved in regarding the skirting boards and their choice of flooring...did you remove them and put them back or go with beading?

After speaking to Brian about it and they said it's company policy they will not leave skirting boards off.

That's ridiculous :)) What's the point of them having no floors ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scribe_1

went for beading and wood all down stairs, carpet stairs landing and bed rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

my floorer is going to remove and put them back on for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi there,

Anyone booked 16-26 (even numbers only) the Avenue? Any idea about completion date? I was told April/May but no signs yet. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vkkaniganti

I have booked 26 The Avenue, SF told that it is May/June completion date.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Hi there,

Anyone booked 16-26 (even numbers only) the Avenue? Any idea about completion date? I was told April/May but no signs yet. Thanks

The foundations were only going in last week for 16-26. I'd say you'd be looking at July or August.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    The foundations were only going in last week for 16-26. I'd say you'd be looking at July or August.

The foundation was layed for my house in the last week of March and on Friday they had roof on and all windows and doors in. To give you content of build up time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 djam17

Hi all,
    Would one of you mind pm Brian the foremans number?
    Thanks very much

djam17 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Would one of you mind pm Brian the foremans number?
    Thanks very much

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amy280

Hi All,

We bought on The Green and were initially told June for completion which has now been pushed back to late summer/early autumn. Has anyone else been told this information?

Could i also get Brian the foreman's number if possible.

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ongarhw

Sent you number, can you please reply what was the response from Brian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

Hi Guys, any idea about Burglar alarms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Adrian M

Does anyone have any information about houses on The Green?

Advertisement