Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hi Guys, any idea about Burglar alarms?

Need to be wireless units.

Anyone waiting on contracts we just received word ours are on the way back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

mooneyd wrote: »
    Need to be wireless units.

I actually wired in my external and internal siren swell as keypay and motion sensors but its a lot of work to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    I actually wired in my external and internal siren swell as keypay and motion sensors but its a lot of work to do it.
    How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

Adrian M wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information about houses on The Green?
    Nr. 1-15 are due to be completed during June, with Nr. 16-38 due by end of July. But those are rough estimates and I wouldn't bank on it.

• Advertisement

Amy280 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We bought on The Green and were initially told June for completion which has now been pushed back to late summer/early autumn. Has anyone else been told this information?

Could i also get Brian the foreman's number if possible.

Thanks a mil.
    No, but that's bad news :( I'm on The Green as well. Was hoping July.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Nr. 1-15 are due to be completed during June, with Nr. 16-38 due by end of July. But those are rough estimates and I wouldn't bank on it.

Who gave you those dates? I've been told August for 1-15 by Sherry Fitzgerald and the foreman!

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Who gave you those dates? I've been told August for 1-15 by Sherry Fitzgerald and the foreman!
    Sherry Fitz told me last week - but the foreman has a better idea of what's going on, so I'm sure August is more accurate... Bugger! Now I need to sort out accommodation as landlady needs to move into her apartment again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 House hunting

Just wondering if anyone knows what the apartments will be adjacent to 'The Way' and 'The park'. Heard they could be council owned but can't find anything online
    Also, not sure what will where the oval shape is shown on the floor plans (between The Park/The Way/The Green)
    Alto heard that there'll be Pylons along 'The Park'-any idea what the distance will be from residential homes?
    How's the connection (phone/broadband)? Had practically no reception when there...
    Lastly, to those already moved in-would you recommend living there?

The pylon corridor is marked in the planning docs with fingal Coco. For exact measurements but you can eye it up for yourself from the Ongar road.

So far I dont think eircom fiber had been connected up yet but virgin has been setup.

The apartments are being offered to fingal as affordable housing but process is to integrate council residents not to just putting them all together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'm very happy with our house and would happily buy again if I was making the decision again. Virgin internet is OK but mobile signal in the house with an MVNO can be patchy but no worse that in other places I've lived or called from.

I'm very happy with our house and would happily buy again if I was making the decision again. Virgin internet is OK but mobile signal in the house with an MVNO can be patchy but no worse that in other places I've lived or called from.

Did you hear if eircom is up and running yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I haven't heard anything about eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi, has anyone noticed that the D2 houses on the Meadow/Drive don't have any brick work on the front exterior? The D2 homes in phase 1 have brick work. I was told when booking the house that it would have a small amount of brick work separating the homes. Anyone have any information on this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Hi, has anyone noticed that the D2 houses on the Meadow/Drive don't have any brick work on the front exterior? The D2 homes in phase 1 have brick work. I was told when booking the house that it would have a small amount of brick work separating the homes. Anyone have any information on this?
    Thanks
    I also noticed that - perhaps they are not fully finished yet? The brickwork finish really makes a big difference.

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Thanks
    I also noticed that - perhaps they are not fully finished yet? The brickwork finish really makes a big difference.

We rang the foreman who said there will be no brick work on those houses even though we were told there would be. Very strange. Waiting for a reply from SF.

We rang the foreman who said there will be no brick work on those houses even though we were told there would be. Very strange. Waiting for a reply from SF.

They look much better with the brickwork

Does anybody know when the street lights are going to be switched on?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Have a look on the Fingal Planning site. It will show if the houses are supposed to have the brickwork or not. It's only stick on stuff anyway, not actual bricks so they can easily put it on later.

ETA: It seems that if there's only one D2 house between two D1's there is no brickwork on the planning application. If there are two D2's in between two D1's there is brickwork...

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00532870.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Does anybody know where are the most reasonable prices for kitchen appliances ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

Did bit of research on house alarms.
    Does anyone know if Phonewatch and Eircom are same?
    Thanks

ialex87 wrote: »

Thanks

We did a massive shop around and Harvey Norman was way below everyone else we tried.
    Thanks

Same company as far as I know

alexf1 wrote: »
    Have a look on the Fingal Planning site. It will show if the houses are supposed to have the brickwork or not. It's only stick on stuff anyway, not actual bricks so they can easily put it on later.

ETA: It seems that if there's only one D2 house between two D1's there is no brickwork on the planning application. If there are two D2's in between two D1's there is brickwork...

I wonder was this the big update to the contracts we got in late may/ early april

ialex87 wrote: »

Thanks

We did a massive shop around and Harvey Norman was way below everyone else we tried.
    Thanks

Same company as far as I know

alexf1 wrote: »

I wonder was this the big update to the contracts we got in late may/ early april

No we were told it was when they sent the amended house plan which advised a change to the elevation of the house. It didn't mention the brick work whatsoever but apparently it was visible on the drawing so they did not need to confirm the change in writing. The house plans on Fingals website however still show brick work on the house.

No we were told it was when they sent the amended house plan which advised a change to the elevation of the house. It didn't mention the brick work whatsoever but apparently it was visible on the drawing so they did not need to confirm the change in writing. The house plans on Fingals website however still show brick work on the house.

I just checked mine because the B4 would look very bare without the brick as they have no door and thankfully show the brickwork. I wonder if it's because im on the avenue?

No we were told it was when they sent the amended house plan which advised a change to the elevation of the house. It didn't mention the brick work whatsoever but apparently it was visible on the drawing so they did not need to confirm the change in writing. The house plans on Fingals website however still show brick work on the house.[/quote

I just checked mine because the B4 would look very bare without the brick as they have no door and thankfully show the brickwork. I wonder if it's because im on the avenue?

Not sure but I think it's just the terrace houses. They never mentioned it, they only confirmed a change to elevation so you can imagine the shock when we saw the house.

Not sure but I think it's just the terrace houses. They never mentioned it, they only confirmed a change to elevation so you can imagine the shock when we saw the house.

I did think it was a bit cheap just sending us all plans and no actual info on what changed.

I did think it was a bit cheap just sending us all plans and no actual info on what changed.

Our solicitor was told at the time it was elevation changes nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

By 'elevations' they mean the outside of the house and not the height at which the house is built. It does sound very sneaky though if they did in fact decide to remove the brick detail that everyone thought they were going to get and not state that very clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Elevation is the design of from back and gable of house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Lisa2215

Hello

New to this Forum , we are considering buying one of the properties in Hansfield Wood , on The Way. Anyone that is living in the area have any thoughts on how it is developing? IS it mainly first time buyers/ young families? Does anyone know what Block 12 on the plans opposite the Waywill be?

Thanks

Advertisement