Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Lisa2215 wrote: »
    Hello

New to this Forum , we are considering buying one of the properties in Hansfield Wood , on The Way. Anyone that is living in the area have any thoughts on how it is developing? IS it mainly first time buyers/ young families? Does anyone know what Block 12 on the plans opposite the Waywill be?

Thanks

Hi Lisa!

I've purchased, but haven't moved in yet, however I have been in touch with lots of others who have moved in or are in the process of moving in through the residents' Facebook group. It looks to be a lot of young couples and families moving into the area, and there's already a great sense of community with people sharing tips and information about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lisa2215

Yes SF have told me that its mainly young families and fist time buyers.

Which house have you bought? When are you expecting to move in? We are unsure about the Way as we aren't sure if it will be apartments opposite them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Yes SF have told me that its mainly young families and fist time buyers.

Which house have you bought? When are you expecting to move in? We are unsure about the Way as we aren't sure if it will be apartments opposite them.

Hi Lisa , we have bought on the Drive and we have been told completion is now June. Not sure about apartments across from the way. Are you looking at the Fingal plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lisa2215

No were can I find them??

Thanks

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

No were can I find them??

Thanks

Lisa

There are two apartment blocks planned close to the main road that have not been built yet. Both are 4 storeys high.

If you search on the Fingal Council website you can find all the plans. www.fingalcoco.ie Go there are click on Planning, search for applications and find by map. Zoom in to Hansfield and drag the blue pin from the left onto the map near the roundabout. Search for applications within 100 meters. All the planning applications show up on a list. You need to look at two. FW16A/0117 shows the plans for the apartment blocks and some houses to the North of the electricity lines and FW15A/0161 shows the bulk of Hansfield Wood/The Paddocks to the South of the lines.

Click on Documents. There are a few pages of them for each application. You need to look at Site Layout Plans, Elevations, Landscaping, Floorplans etc. It takes a while to figure it out but well worth doing for any place you're considering. You'll get to see the approximate house dimensions, garden sizes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Folks

Anyone planning for installing Sky dish?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

SalaKash wrote: »
    Folks

Anyone planning for installing Sky dish?

Sky dishes not suitable for the outside insulated finish of the houses

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Eire_2016 wrote: »

The instruction manual that comes with the house outlines how a satellite dish can be affixed to the wall. It is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

Hi has anyone how has gotten keys recently found shower enclosures and bath screens at a reasonable price somewhere? if yes would you mind sending me a pm? trying to figure how where to source and how to install these at the moment. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

annetcl wrote: »
    Hi has anyone how has gotten keys recently found shower enclosures and bath screens at a reasonable price somewhere? if yes would you mind sending me a pm? trying to figure how where to source and how to install these at the moment. Thanks
    Hi, I am interested to know as well. Please let me know if you have anymore information. Thanks

• Advertisement

Also trying to get connected to electricity at the moment. Anyone researched whether nightsaver meters would be advantageous given the type heating system installed in the house? I am new to this heating system so i havent a clue. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hi, I am interested to know as well. Please let me know if you have anymore information. Thanks

http://www.discount-tiles.ie/
    We got all of our floor tiles here. The guys were great and offered us any shower doors at the ex vat price.

annetcl wrote: »
    Also trying to get connected to electricity at the moment. Anyone researched whether nightsaver meters would be advantageous given the type heating system installed in the house? I am new to this heating system so i havent a clue. thanks

The situation with ASHP's is they use energy whenever they are switched on, and they are not a storage form of heating. The only time something like a cheap off-peak rate is useful is for heating that has an element of storage about it, such as storage heaters and immersion tanks for water.

There isn't a specific tariff I am aware of with any supplier that would just benefit our type of heating. What you need to do is go with whoever is cheapest overall just like everyone else. You would be a lot better off ditching the two tier rates and going on a single charge as those work by charging more for the day rate and less for the night rate, so you will be paying a premium with little benefit right now on this setup.

In time you may find better tariffs especially if you use smart metering. Until then you need to find out who is cheapest generally for you - use the comparison sites.

Thanks Daniel - your input is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

Hi guys,

I was just looking at the plans on Fingal CoCo and was wondering if they are up to date? The date is March 2016, and I read on here that the elevation has changed. This would impact the space for the attic conversion I suppose - so I was wondering if anybody could clarify what exactly the elevation is? Is it the height from ground to gable? On the plans I have from FCC the height of the building (D3) is 9.32m which would be great, so has this height changed? Any info is greatly appreciated :-)

Will also update once I get full floor plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

The 'elevation' is the drawing of the house from the front, back and sides. It is not the height of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

Thanks alexf1

I just compared some drawings and it looks like the hight of the roof has decreased for the new properties, which means less room for an attic conversion (especially if you want to get them acknowledged as proper bedrooms (min. height 2.40 for 50% of the floor area)). This is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Eire_2016 wrote: »

The instruction manual that comes with the house outlines how a satellite dish can be affixed to the wall. It is possible.
    Thanks Pedro. Can you point out the name of exact folder\pdf containing the respective information. Is it in specification folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sammoh

Are the bathroom / ensuite/ downstairs toilet floors tilled already?

Hi
    If you had a good work done by the tiler
    Would you pm me his details plz
    I am looking for laying tiles in Hansfeild woods
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

I would be interested in a good tiler as well

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Btbt

Hi, anyone who did snagging recently can pm contact details for the engineer please.

• Advertisement

Btbt wrote: »
    Hi, anyone who did snagging recently can pm contact details for the engineer please.
    Sent you PM

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ayk76

Hi,  anyone who did snagging recently can pm contact details for the engineer please.
    Sent you PM
    Hi John could you PM the details to me as well pls. thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Hi,

Could anyone please PM me the contact details of an engineer for snagging please. Thanks in advance.

Ayk76 wrote: »
    Hi John could you PM the details to me as well pls. thank you!
    Sent you PM

Hi,

Could anyone please PM me the contact details of an engineer for snagging please. Thanks in advance.
    sent you PM as well

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Sent you PM
    Hi could you please pass me on details also? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi all,
    Does anyone has a good cleaner in the area to suggest?

Please PM me if you have someone to refer, cheers!

Hi All,

Has anyone put tap outside in back garden. I was wonder if anyone knows good handyman. I need some one to do small things in the house.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ZaRu

Hello neighbours so great to see sense of community before even moving in!������We bought a house in The Drive,snagging stage, hence looking for details of engineer for it.Could anyone pm me contact details? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

Hey guys, let's share the contact information which we have for Tilers, Blinds, prices, quality etc in this shared document https://tinyurl.com/kqnvm5x I believe this can be very helpful for those of us who are going to move soon and are looking for some recommendations. (Feel free to add more fields if required)

Advertisement