Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hi All,

Has anyone put tap outside in back garden. I was wonder if anyone knows good handyman. I need some one to do small things in the house.

Thanks

Unfortunately if you drill through the wall to fit the tap you void the homebond warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Can you post the wording for voiding of warranty if you drill

tradesman wrote: »
    Can you post the wording for voiding of warranty if you drill

Dont have it to hand but from what I gather the walls are concrete, insulation, concrete if you drill through the insulation you've got a problem. I rang O'connor plumbing (plumbing contractor on site) he confirmed drilling through the wall would void the homebond.

This includes virgin or sky installs.

The only bit of hope I have is that officer crock had spoken to the manufacturer who apparently were happy enough for a tab to be plumbed if the builder oversees the work. Its mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

mooneyd wrote: »
    Dont have it to hand but from what I gather the walls are concrete, insulation, concrete if you drill through the insulation you've got a problem. I rang O'connor plumbing (plumbing contractor on site) he confirmed drilling through the wall would void the homebond.

This includes virgin or sky installs.

The only bit of hope I have is that officer crock had spoken to the manufacturer who apparently were happy enough for a tab to be plumbed if the builder oversees the work. Its mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread.
    Hi Mooneyd,
    I was talking to Brian about both of the subjects.

Sky Dish -
    They have specific point kept for drilling for the dish.
    He also mentioned that they came across to a problem with some house where only one sky engineer came to put up dish. He needed to attach his ladder somewhere in roof for security purposes and it would breach the warranty. So request sky to send two engineers.

Tap in Garden -
    You will need to use double pipes in case of water freezing and exploding to insulation. In short one pipe for water flow and another one covering the water pipe to give it protection. The whole thing needs to be sealed from outside to avoid breaching home bond warranty.

Worth talking to him.

Hi Mooneyd,
    I was talking to Brian about both of the subjects.

Sky Dish -
    They have specific point kept for drilling for the dish.
    He also mentioned that they came across to a problem with some house where only one sky engineer came to put up dish. He needed to attach his ladder somewhere in roof for security purposes and it would breach the warranty. So request sky to send two engineers.

Tap in Garden -
    You will need to use double pipes in case of water freezing and exploding to insulation. In short one pipe for water flow and another one covering the water pipe to give it protection. The whole thing needs to be sealed from outside to avoid breaching home bond warranty.

Worth talking to him.

Thanks John,

That seems more promising.

• Advertisement

Why the f**k don't they just plumb for outside tap when carrying out the plumbing for the rest of the house? An outside tap is an essential piece of equipment. Outside electric socket should be fitted as well

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JohnForBoard

tradesman wrote: »
    Why the f**k don't they just plumb for outside tap when carrying out the plumbing for the rest of the house? An outside tap is an essential piece of equipment. Outside electric socket should be fitted as well
    I guess it costs money...

I'd say about €60 in total. They could add it into the price of the house. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

You're dead right tradesman, that's a shocking way to treat buyers. Virtually everyone would have a need for an outside tap so it should be included with the house if it can't be fitted the normal way. It's all great having a house made from precast walls but there are downsides that should have been engineered out at the design stage.

So maybe a very obvious answer here but who is the point of contact when you want to talk about your thermostat the plumber or electrician?

I want to drop in a smart thermostat but will need to convert from 240v to 24 and id prefer to have it done professionally than to do it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What does a smart meter offer?

What does a smart meter offer?

There are a few differences depending on the model. The Nest and Ecobee are the two best units.

We are going for the Ecobee3

* It offers a remote temperature sensor for a second room so will keep the heat on until say the kitchen or Hall also hits your desired temperature. (this is why I choose this unit over a nest)
    * Can be controlled via smart phone so you can turn it on/off or adjust the temp before you get home on a cold evening.
    * Turns on/off if you're away, vacation etc. or can keep a lower heat just to keep a chill of the house.
    * Works as an additional microphone /speaker for amazon Alexa or Google home.

Overall they can save about €70 a year with these sort of units so can pay for themselves in 3-5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rrudden

Hi could you please pass me on details also? Thanks

Hi, could you pm me the details for snagging too? Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dannybi

alexf1 wrote:
    You're dead right tradesman, that's a shocking way to treat buyers. Virtually everyone would have a need for an outside tap so it should be included with the house if it can't be fitted the normal way. It's all great having a house made from precast walls but there are downsides that should have been engineered out at the design stage.

Cost is not the only reason builder wouldn't include tap, think they try to avoid any complications regarding to insulation wall, same to Garden gate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

How reliable is the sitemap on the Hansfield website?

We are interesting in one of the 4 beds on the Avenue. Some of these houses appears to have much smaller gardens than the others - but it's very hard to gauge. I know these houses are not built yet.

Veloce wrote: »
    How reliable is the sitemap on the Hansfield website?

We are interesting in one of the 4 beds on the Avenue. Some of these houses appears to have much smaller gardens than the others - but it's very hard to gauge. I know these houses are not built yet.

Have you found the planning application on the Fingal website? In one of the documents it gives measurements of the houses and garden lengths. I'm sure they don't need to be accurate to the nearest millimetre but they will be very close to the finished size.

Thanks Alex - I'm looking through the planning docs. Haven't found specific measurements of the garden just yet.

Thanks Alex - I'm looking through the planning docs. Haven't found specific measurements of the garden just yet.

Planning application FW15A/0161 should be the one. There should be 4 pages of documents. The last page has Site Layout Plan/ Block Plan. That's what you need.

alexf1 wrote: »
    Planning application FW15A/0161 should be the one. There should be 4 pages of documents. The last page has Site Layout Plan/ Block Plan. That's what you need.

Found that - very helpful.

I don't see the A1 houses numbers 29-55 though. These appear to be under the latest phase - any idea if it's possible to get these on the fingal website?

Found that - very helpful.

I don't see the A1 houses numbers 29-55 though. These appear to be under the latest phase - any idea if it's possible to get these on the fingal website?

That must be a newer planning application. Don't see it on the Fingal site so maybe it's not there yet. Judging by the site plan on the Hansfield Wood website the gardens look decent.

• Advertisement

Cheers Alex. Looks like most of the newer phase apartments have been already purchased - 53 & 55 seem to be currently available but look to have smaller gardens.

I actually managed to find the plans for the new development (later phase) on the Avenue. It's on the Fingal website:

> drop the blue pin on the main roundabout outside
    > on left hand side click the drop-down box 'decided'
    > search for FW16A/0123
    > click for more information
    > documents
    > go to page 3
    > first/top 'site layout/block plan.

Quite a few houses going to be built under the next phase (to the south)

If there a residents FB page that I could join? We've bought on the avenue.

dannybi wrote: »
    Cost is not the only reason builder wouldn't include tap, think they try to avoid any complications regarding to insulation wall, same to Garden gate

Fitting a tap is straightforward in the manufacturing. I's just a conduit set into the wall. Garden gates need to be hung on their own independent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If there a residents FB page that I could join? We've bought on the avenue.
    Yep there is, mooneyd set one up.

Guys and girls - I'm just wondering what sort of lead time you've been getting until house completion? Have you found it's generally been delayed from what you were originally told?

We've reserved on the Avenue - the newer phase of A1 houses (31-55). We've been told November/December.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Indy_123

We have been told the same and we recently booked an A1 house on the Avenue. Seems to be very unrealistic given the fact that they haven't started even.

alexf1 wrote: »
    There are two apartment blocks planned close to the main road that have not been built yet. Both are 4 storeys high.

Can anyone confirm if these apartments are being built/reserved by the main entrance are exclusively for social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how long it normally takes for these houses to be built (from foundation to completion), just in case anybody has seen their house going up from start to finish. Alternatively, a rough indication of how long it takes to complete the house from when the concrete walls are up would help a lot too.

There are three more things that you could help me out with:
    1. Contact details of the foreman
    2. Contact details of a good engineer for snagging
    3. Contact details of a good flooring company

Any help is very much appreciated :-) Looking forward to moving in - I hope end of August is realistic for The Green.

Cheers, and have a good evening

Guys and girls - I'm just wondering what sort of lead time you've been getting until house completion?
    Indy_123 wrote: »
    Seems to be very unrealistic given the fact that they haven't started even.

My foundation went in on the last week of march, roof was on last week of April and was completed this week. (although it still has not been snagged etc)
    1. Contact details of the foreman
    2. Contact details of a good engineer for snagging
    3. Contact details of a good flooring company

* Pm me and ill give you the foremans number.

*Mark Doyle one of the residents is offering snag services. As hes a resident in the group it might be an added bonus as he knows the houses and also lives nearby so may have a better turnaround time. You can find him on the Hansfield residents Facebook group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/113883122443826/

* Are you looking for somewhere that supplies good floors or fit them? Are you looking for wooden floors, tile or carpets?
    Can anyone confirm if these apartments are being built/reserved by the main entrance are exclusively for social housing?

5% of housing is to be offered for social as per regulations and usually they dont put all council houses together they try to spread it out a little to help with the integration.

From what I can guess from getting to know the members of the estate I dont think anyone from the meadows have joined the group so they may be council.
    As for the apartments the council have first refusal on the 5 blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Cheers Alex. Looks like most of the newer phase apartments have been already purchased - 53 & 55 seem to be currently available but look to have smaller gardens.

Hi,

have already all the apartments in the blocks been sold out?
    Anyone knows the avg price?

That means they were not reserved for social housing, are they?

Thanks

Advertisement