Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi,

have already all the apartments in the blocks been sold out?
    Anyone knows the avg price?
    That means they were not reserved for social housing, are they?
    Thanks

They haven't gone on sale yet as far as I am aware.
    The council has the first refusal on them I think and then they go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

mooneyd wrote: »
    They haven't gone on sale yet as far as I am aware.
    The council has the first refusal on them I think and then they go on sale.

Thanks,
    Does that mean the council wants some houses?

Thanks,
    Does that mean the council wants some houses?

As far as I am aware that planning regulations state that 5% of housing needs to be offered to social

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

mooneyd wrote: »
    As far as I am aware that planning regulations state that 5% of housing needs to be offered to social

Yes, that for sure,

but just wondering, if the Fingal council refused the apartments, does that mean they want houses?

Yes, that for sure,

but just wondering, if the Fingal council refused the apartments, does that mean they want houses?

We'll know once they go on sale think SF said Aug/Sept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

Hi does anyone know which planning permission is the next 'Beechwood' phase? Is it FW16A/0123, the one referenced a few comments back?

cheers

kniaodha wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know which planning permission is the next 'Beechwood' phase? Is it FW16A/0123, the one referenced a few comments back?

cheers

Hey,
    If you go onto the Fingal Co.co website amd check applications online you can drop a pin in the area you are interested in and it will show related applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hansfield wood Neighbors, does anyone have problem with Vodafone mobile network ? we are getting problem in THE AVENUE, Vodafone Signals are almost none and in some place inside house barely 1 bar. looks like its common problem to whole estate in my view.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]please share the info. we need to highlight this issue to Vodafone and builder to see if they can put extra booster to strengthen the mobile signal.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jones2017

Hi, we are looking at hansfield wood. But we were very surprised to see a pylon corridor. Does anyone know how many metres these pylons are from the houses? Or how many go through the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

There are two pylons in this phase - and a few more the far side of the tree towards the train station road. Up to now it looked as it the space between road and where the pylons run might be green area, but foundations gone in there recently. Each to their own, but traffic noise, Dublin Bus engines running to keep the drivers warm and a few pylons not a great mix. In fairness the pylons in this phase are visible from the road, so they shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

And speaking of noise, why is there work going on coming up to 10pm - jack hammers, diggers, earth movers etc and foundation laying - presume this site should have the same limitations as any other - noise definitely starts before 8am too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Indy123

Hi,
    Is there any1 waiting on the contracts to be issued out by the solicitors of Hansfield wood. I booked a 4 bed in the Avenue almost a month now but no sign of a contract. Called SF number of times but they had been just giving excuses saying sent emails to the solicitors but no response. Its very frustrating.wondering if anyone else in similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Curious_soul

Indy123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there any1 waiting on the contracts to be issued out by the solicitors of Hansfield wood. I booked a 4 bed in the Avenue almost a month now but no sign of a contract. Called SF number of times but they had been just giving excuses saying sent emails to the solicitors but no response. Its very frustrating.wondering if anyone else in similar situation?
    Sign contract and forget about it, no point ringing them. It took 4 months to get ours back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Indy123

Sign contract and forget about it, no point ringing them. It took 4 months to get ours back.
    But we havent signed the contract yet..just paid the booking deposit of 5k...how long does it take to get the contract so that i can pay the 10% of the deposit

Indy123 wrote: »
    But we havent signed the contract yet..just paid the booking deposit of 5k...how long does it take to get the contract so that i can pay the 10% of the deposit

Well ours was issued within 2 weeks of paying bookkng deposit, but I guess everyone here have different experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amyled

Hi neighbours. Just put a deposit down on a house along The Avenue. is there a WhatsApp group or facebook group that everyone speaks in? would love to get to know people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

Hey anyone on the drive have a close date yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

amyled wrote: »
    Hi neighbours. Just put a deposit down on a house along The Avenue. is there a WhatsApp group or facebook group that everyone speaks in? would love to get to know people :)

Yeah Hansfield wood residents group on FB 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 60506

Hi, We have just put a a deposit on one of the end of terrace houses. I was wondering what electricity bills are likely to given the heat pump heating system. Any info is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nicolleok8

I hope someone could pm me or suggest what model integrated microwave they went with we have bought 1 and had to return way too big! TIA

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good engineer for snagging please. Would appreciate if you could pm me the contact details of a person you would recommend, amount you paid and your comment re how the job was performed. Many thanks.

• Advertisement

amyled wrote: »

Yup https://www.facebook.com/groups/113883122443826/

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    Hey anyone on the drive have a close date yet??

The right side of the drive are closing, the council have to sign off on the left side and 2,4,6,8 the avenue itll take a while but the hope is to have them handed over before the builders holidays at the end of the month.

Nicolleok8 wrote: »
    I hope someone could pm me or suggest what model integrated microwave they went with we have bought 1 and had to return way too big! TIA

I got this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IPE7TVG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (used parcel motel to get it shipped to ireland for 7 quid)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happycoolrains

Hi,

A few queries,

1. What is snagging and at what stage it is done?
    2. Can we ask Hansfield woods to include the flooring, if we pay extra or we have to do it later.
    3. Also, I assume the wires and electric points and switches will be fixed by them.

Thanks,
    rains
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how long it normally takes for these houses to be built (from foundation to completion), just in case anybody has seen their house going up from start to finish. Alternatively, a rough indication of how long it takes to complete the house from when the concrete walls are up would help a lot too.

There are three more things that you could help me out with:
    1. Contact details of the foreman
    2. Contact details of a good engineer for snagging
    3. Contact details of a good flooring company

Any help is very much appreciated :-) Looking forward to moving in - I hope end of August is realistic for The Green.

Cheers, and have a good evening

Also, I would like any good solicitor references. How much are the ones given by them charging. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

When you check the house for omissions and defects before closing the sale so the builder can correct it before the deal is closed. eg. scratches on windows, broken things. It is done after the house is pretty much completed and before you close the sale.

2. Can we ask Hansfield woods to include the flooring, if we pay extra or we have to do it later.
    No, you will need to organise it yourself. They will not do anything above and beyond what is stated in the contract and specification

3. Also, I assume the wires and electric points and switches will be fixed by them.
    Yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Hi,

A few queries,

Thanks,
    rains

1) Snagging is something that really should not need to be done by a house buyer! The building company should produce a perfect house for you their customer but alas this is never done. That is how my profession came into being. Before I even go into the house I would have found approx. 30 odd items. I once found 43 items before entering the house & that was just the front & rear elevations! A snag list is a check on all items eg. leaking pipes, loose taps, extractor vents not connected in the attic, doors not closing properly etc etc etc. Snagging is usually carried out when the Finishing Foreman thinks he has the house finished - Then I come in and find 300 faults!
    2) I do not think they will supply flooring, that is not part of the contract. Best to purchase your own flooring & agree with a fitter to fit the day after you receive your keys.
    3)All electrics will be operational before closing the sale.

Thank You Veloce,

Even I wanted to check the size. I assume whatever is mentioned there is correct.
    Thanks,
    Veloce wrote: »
    I actually managed to find the plans for the new development (later phase) on the Avenue. It's on the Fingal website:

> drop the blue pin on the main roundabout outside
    > on left hand side click the drop-down box 'decided'
    > search for FW16A/0123
    > click for more information
    > documents
    > go to page 3
    > first/top 'site layout/block plan.

Quite a few houses going to be built under the next phase (to the south)

If there a residents FB page that I could join? We've bought on the avenue.

Also, I would like any good solicitor references. How much are the ones given by them charging. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

I could give you my solicitors info but honestly shes a little slow at times.
    Fees were:
    • About €1300 for solicitor.
    • Then you'll have some associated costs stamp duty 1% of purchase price minus 13.5%
    • Search apprx €80
    • Land registry €990

Does one quality for Help-to-Buy scheme, if you are a first time house buyer in Ireland, but you have house somewhere else.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Does one quality for Help-to-Buy scheme, if you are a first time house buyer in Ireland, but you have house somewhere else.

Thank You.

You're best off reaching out to revenue to review your specific scenario. They'd be able to give you the best advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

one side of the tallest apartment block looks to be badly stained - has anyone noticed this? Looks like it may be as a result of a leak? It doesn't look good but presumably it will be fixed up?

Advertisement