Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Does anyone know when the street lights are going to be switched on?

Also there looks to be builders working on site on a Sunday - does anyone know if this is allowed? I thought it was prevented as part of the planning app but not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'd say the lights won't be switched on until the estate is handed over to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd say the lights won't be switched on until the estate is handed over to the council.
    You could be waiting 15 years for council handover.  My street in Ongar was built in 2003 and is only now in the process of being handed over to Fingal!  I'd imagine, your developer will have an arrangement with the power supplier to turn on the lights when x amount of houses are occupied maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Menolly came out of NAMA as Alanna, same land and heavy machinery - with token Menolly logos sprayed over :) Ongar Lodge apartments across the way still not handed over, and much street lighting never provided. Would like to think planning dept are more on their game but ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Site is totally ignoring the hours of work allowed in planning, 0800-1800 and 1/2 day on Sat. Serious noise typically from at least 0700 and several instance where noisy work continued until at least midnight. Last week, heavy machinery flying around the place with no headlights or street lights in total darkness - Health & Safety and Working Time legislation obviously not taken too seriously. I know a few complaints have gone in to noise pollution section in Fingal CoCo but doesn't see to be worrying the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

May I ask: How do buyers feel about the apartment blocks at the front of the estate?????????????
    I very nearly bought in Hansfield Wood and at the time I did not see any plans for those to go up.
    I still really like the houses, hoping the best for your new estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Collyb101 wrote: »
    May I ask: How do buyers feel about the apartment blocks at the front of the estate?????????????
    I very nearly bought in Hansfield Wood and at the time I did not see any plans for those to go up.

A lot of new estates have those now. It's a much better way to solve the housing crisis as well so I have nothing against it. I live in an apartment right now but will be moving to a house in Hansfield Wood. I don't really get the snobbery Irish people have against apartments. It's just an alternative style of housing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I think those apartments are going to be allocated to Social Housing. Which means a high concentration of social housing in one area. It should be more integrated.

Veloce wrote: »
    I think those apartments are going to be allocated to Social Housing. Which means a high concentration of social housing in one area. It should be more integrated.

Even if it does turn out to be, all new estates have a legal requirement to make units available for social housing so all new estates will be in the same boat.

• Advertisement

Is this a joke? What's wrong with the apartments?

The only issue is that the council supposedly bought contiguous units for social housing, when they should have randomly selected properties from the estate.

I'm sure the agents purposely left them off the plans on show at the time, so they themselves must have been worried about their sway on the estate.
    Does anyone know how building co. got around the social housing regulations in the Hansfield Barnwell estate?

I'm sure the agents purposely left them off the plans on show at the time, so they themselves must have been worried about their sway on the estate.
    Does anyone know how building co. got around the social housing regulations in the Hansfield Barnwell estate?

They're probably there but not advertised. They don't announce which houses are social and which ones aren't.

I have theories, but either way, this was done so much more subtly.
    If i was doing commercial construction I would have done the exact same as carried out in Woods (for business reasons) but I would have placed the apartments at the back of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

I have theories, but either way, this was done so much more subtly.
    If i was doing commercial construction I would have done the exact same as carried out in Woods (for business reasons) but I would have placed the apartments at the back of the estate.

Depends on what constitutes "the front of the estate" as the street from the next roundabout down to the train station will become the heart of the entire planning zone with restaurants and shops - so looking at this, "the front" would be east of the Hansfield Wood estate.

Also, there are apartment blocks in a lot of new estates to accommodate Social Housing, but "normal" houses are also selected for Social Housing to have an even distribution - usually, this is not mentioned to prevent putting off buyers. In some estates the houses are divided into two different "sub-estates" (sometimes even named differently) to make it look like the big sub-estate is purchased by private people and the small sub-estate is for Social Housing - this is not the case at all.

So if you happen to look for a new house within an estate, you can bank on the fact that you will have people on Social Welfare living in very close proximity to you.

Hope this helps ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Any links/plans to the amenities, as I have my doubts.

Phil.x wrote: »
    Any links/plans to the amenities, as I have my doubts.

Doubts about what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

That's there's going to be any.

It's within walking distance of several existing schools as well as Clonsilla and Ongar village. There's the canal walk and parks by the train station. Very near the Millennium Park and Blanchardstown Centre. Two train stations, frequent bus service...

There are also documents and maps showing a new proposed village in the Hansfield area. You can find it on the Fingal Co Co website.

Are there specific amenities you feel are missing from the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

Hi Attol. Do you know the planning reference for the village in Hansfield? All I see is either Hansfield Wood or Barnwell expansion so houses and apartments only. While Hansfield Development Zone section on the website is from 2005 so probably not very accurate any more. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi, I'm not a buyer but frequently drive past the estate to do my shopping in Dunnes. I have to say the apartment blocks look good to me, think it really brings some character to the estate. I know the houses are top spec internally but wouldn't be my cup of tea on the exterior. Best of luck with the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Quincy_Jones

Hi, I'm not a buyer but frequently drive past the estate to do my shopping in Dunnes. I have to say the apartment blocks look good to me, think it really brings some character to the estate. I know the houses are top spec internally but wouldn't be my cup of tea on the exterior. Best of luck with the estate.

I kind of agree with the exterior - bit bland. But if you look around Ireland, there really are about 5 different designs for houses, so generally speaking, Irish houses are a bit bland overall. Self Build might be a good option so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happycoolrains

Hi,

Is there any attic space in 4 bed semi-detached houses. And has anyone converted.

Thanks,
    Rains

can anybody confirm which part of the development has been allocated for social housing? Also can anyone confirm if the people moving into the social houses/apartments will have to pay anything at all towards them similar to the mortgage payment that people who bought a home have to pay each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    can anybody confirm which part of the development has been allocated for social housing? Also can anyone confirm if the people moving into the social houses/apartments will have to pay anything at all towards them similar to the mortgage payment that people who bought a home have to pay each month?

All social housing tenants pay rent, usually the differential rate applied by the local council (whether renting from the council or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hi,

Is there any attic space in 4 bed semi-detached houses. And has anyone converted.

Thanks,
    Rains

Yes and its 15-20k on average

Google Hansfield strategic development its all there in detail from style of buildings to requirements based on number of houses built in Hansfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LunaPotter

Does anyone have the B3 dimensions in Hansfield Wood?

Thanks,
    Luna Potter

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vega_DUB

I am currently hunting for a (new) house (first buy), and there's a viewing at hansfield wood for a mid-terrace, 1 end of terrace, and one 4 bed remaining.
    With the limited number of properties in each phase, i suppose it is quite difficult to be the lucky one to get it ...
    From the point you are interested in a house, how is the reservation made ? First come first served ? On the day of the viewing ?
    I'd like to know from your experience....

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Vega_DUB wrote: »
    I am currently hunting for a (new) house (first buy), and there's a viewing at hansfield wood for a mid-terrace, 1 end of terrace, and one 4 bed remaining.
    With the limited number of properties in each phase, i suppose it is quite difficult to be the lucky one to get it ...
    From the point you are interested in a house, how is the reservation made ? First come first served ? On the day of the viewing ?
    I'd like to know from your experience....

Information on viewing times and dates are on daft.ie
    You can also register your interest with Sherry Fitzgerald for updates on the estate the most recent phases is now called Hansfield Park.
    You reserve a house on site at the office (A1 house just as you drive into Hansfield Wood) and pay the 5000 booking deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Vega_DUB

I have reserved an end of terrace in The Park, and will transfer my deposit of €5000 next week.
    For those who bought recently and benefited from the HTB scheme, did you get the 5% from HTB upfront, so you only had to pay the other 5% ?
    Or did you have to give the 10%, and get the money back later from the state?

Advertisement