Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Vega_DUB wrote: »
    I have reserved an end of terrace in The Park, and will transfer my deposit of €5000 next week.
    For those who bought recently and benefited from the HTB scheme, did you get the 5% from HTB upfront, so you only had to pay the other 5% ?
    Or did you have to give the 10%, and get the money back later from the state?

The 5% is transferred directly to the builder. And you need to transfer 5% to the builder minus the €5k

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vega_DUB

Hey Mooneyd, i think you were the one in this thread mentioning a garden tap.
    Have you found out whether or not you can drill a hole through the wall, and install a garden tap ?

How about the side gate ? it looks like they're not included ?
    Isn't it problematic to install one if we're not allowed to drill holes into the wall ?

They can all be done you just have to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vega_DUB

mooneyd wrote: »
    They can all be done you just have to do it right.

Great.
    Have you done it yourself ?
    What are the precautions to take to make sure you don'y void any warranty ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

content was deleted here and removed to the fb group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 LunaPotter

Hi,

If you are planning to convert a 3 bed Semi-detached/terraced house's attic into a room

What are the dimensions of the room after an attic conversion? (this question refers to anyone who has experience)

Thanks in advance,
    LunaPotter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

LunaPotter wrote: »
    Hi,

If you are planning to convert a 3 bed Semi-detached/terraced house's attic into a room

What are the dimensions of the room after an attic conversion? (this question refers to anyone who has experience)

Thanks in advance,
    LunaPotter

GM Carpentry have done a lot of the conversions in the estate so I'd recommend getting in touch with them for details.

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea whether you are permitted to change the electrical stove to a gas stove?
    In some estates you are allowed to, but some you aren't.......so I just wanted to know if Hansfield Wood has the option.

Thanks,
    LunaPotter

LunaPotter wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any idea whether you are permitted to change the electrical stove to a gas stove?
    In some estates you are allowed to, but some you aren't.......so I just wanted to know if Hansfield Wood has the option.

Thanks,
    LunaPotter

The houses don't have a gas connection at all so you'd need to do something custom for that. Also, appliances aren't included so you'll need to get them separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SalaKash

Hi,

Is there any attic space in 4 bed semi-detached houses. And has anyone converted.

Thanks,
    Rains
    Hey Rains, we had the conversion done for our 4 bed A1 type.. yes its quite spacious and you are welcome to have a visit as well :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I never thought I'd be that guy taking to social media to complain about my experience with anyone and to say buyer beware and talk about the horrible experience I have had while dealing with someone but here I am....

Buying in Hansfield Wood from Alanna homes through Sherry Fitzgerald has been the most horrible experience with surprise after surprise throughout the process of buying the house only to leave us homeless since May of this year.

Before I get started I want to ask if anyone has any suggestions, feedback on situation or experience with Alanna Homes and Sherry Fitzgerald new homes, I would love to hear your experiences. And if you do make it to the end THANK YOU.

My partner and I are both 1st time buyers in our early 30's and after going sale agreed in November 2016 we were all excited to take the next step in life and become proud mortgage owners. Being from the county and the owner of 2 dogs that we adore we chose a house with a slightly bigger back garden (at cost is €5,000 extra but in out eyes it was worth it to make sure the dogs had a decent space).

Alas the sunshine and rainbows were short lived when Alanna Home yet another Nama bailout builder was back to their old tricks. It took almost 2 months from the agreement of sale to issue the contract and at that time I didn't mind it was a new build and was not due to be completed until April.
    Once the contract was received we were eager to sign but there was a problem, the builder was an approved "help to buy scheme" builder so we should pay 5% and the government would also pay 5% (it was awesome it left us with 5% of the initial 10% deposit we needed to show the bank available to buy a bed, tile the floors and buy our kitchen appliances) but this wasn't the case the builder had requested we pay the full 10% up front. So we queried this with the builder and asked for the contract to be amended but not long after we requested the amendment I received an out of the blue one phone call from our solicitor to say that the builders solicitor had been in touch and if we didn't return the signed contract and the remaining balance of the 10% deposit in the next two days they were selling it to someone else.

Panicked and knowing the pain of trying to find a home for the past year we knew what we had to do. We took our life savings(€15,750) along with any chance of fitting out our home to a decent standard when we move in. We signed the contract and paid the full 10% deposit.

It didn't take us long to shake it off and the excitement to consume us one again. Any trip to Dublin included a mandatory drive by the estate to check the progress of the build.
    I joined the boards.ie thread for Hansfield Wood and started to get to know my neighbours. It was here when the first 30-40 houses were moved into that we found out that the shower doors in the showhouse were not going to be included. €400-600 it wasn't the end of the world and at the end of the day when we queried it with Sherry Fitz they said it wasn't outlined in the contract and that only the first 26 houses would get one. I understood.

Reading up on the contract I see were going to get a shower in each of the bathrooms but in our phase there was only one for the ensuite. "It's surly an oversight I mean it's in the contract" so our solicitor chases it up only to receive an abrupt response to say that the additional showers were not in the showhouse and would not be fitted and that was the last time they would address this issue with us.

This was a bit cheeky when we wanted the shower doors that were in the show house we couldn't have them because they weren't in the contract but when we wanted the shower for the main bathroom that was in the contract we couldn't have that because it wasn't in the show house. I mean how do I get what's actually been sold to me last November?

It's a wording mistake I guess it has to be I mean what reputable company advertises a product and blatantly decides what features they actually want to give you from the advertised product?

April comes and goes and like most new builds the house is behind schedule but our lease is up on our rented property and the landlord wants to sell so we've no option but to move out. With the house well under way we can't get anywhere to rent for just 1-2 months that will take us let alone the dogs. Effectively we're now homeless!
    In June the house is finally ready and we get the long awaited call to snag the house. We're ecstatic and join our snagger on site to step foot into our house for the first time.
    The house was far from ready so much so that after 30 minutes or so our snagger turns to me with a 3 A4 page long list and says I'm sorry this house isn't ready to be snagged and requests we call him back when the house is in a better state. Subsequently it takes 5 attempts to snag before the house is at a point were happy to sign off.

The real kicker was our boundary wall. We bought a corner house and we can see our front garden runs in line with the footpath but for the back garden the boundary wall is stepped in about a meter the whole length of the garden to leave a 14m2 patch of grass between our boundary wall and the footpath.
    WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! The boundary line for the front and back gardens don't line up. Why after paying €5,000 extra for a slightly bigger back garden is there a wall in the middle of my garden?

We questioned the foreman on site who said that the wall at the back garden is the boundary line and he gifted up a larger front garden out of the goodness of his heart.
    We took a few pictures and when we got home I emailed our solicitor to question our boundary line. I mean we paid €5,000 for a slightly bigger garden and its not even in our garden! What am I or my dogs going to do with a 1m x 14m stretch of grass?
    After a lot of to'ing and fro'ing with the builder they finally admit that the footpath is the boundary line and they have in fact built the boundary wall not along my boundary.

NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
    At this point our solicitors explains that we cannot close on the house because if anyone falls or injures themselves outside our house we could be liable for the damages and that over time this patch of grass could be effectively consumed and become communal space resulting In our boundary being completely off and rendering the house unable to be sold down the line.

We say it to the builder that the wall is in the wrong place and needs to be moved and they respond saying planning permission states it has to be placed where it is now. (I've never seen a case where the council explicitly say you must put a wall here knowing that it would be a public liability issue.)
    We challenge this response and ask for where in the planning docs it states the wall has to be here. Weeks later we get an airy fairy response quoting their architect saying that they can't put the wall beside the footpath because it would cause a jarring effect on the perception of the estate with the over use materials.
    So under advice we hired a land surveyor another 600 quid down the swanny. He comes out has a look and made a comment about the builder clutching at straws with these sort of excuses.
    His report comes back with pictures from the planning documents showing the wall in line with our boundary and even measurements to show the wall is in the incorrect location and for the above mentioned reasons the wall needs to be relocated. The wall is in the correct location for the first 9 corner houses and for all of the houses in the current phase it seems they only made this error with 6 houses in the middle of the build.

I have forwarded the surveyors report to the builder showing them in detail that the wall is in fact in the incorrect location, I leveled with them explained that we understood when it came to the shower doors and showers and that it was now time for them to do their part and accept that it was an honest mistake and agree to relocate the boundary wall so that we can finally close the sale of the house and get on with our lives. Additionally our solicitor emailed theirs the report to follow up through official channels. Since then we have not received any response from the builder who I can only imagine is hoping that we pull out of the sale so that they can make an additional €15-20,000 on the initial asking price by selling the house to someone else who won't query the boundary wall.

We're 5 months homeless jumping from couch to couch while unable to pull out of the sale because we can't afford the increased prices of houses in the current market only with the option to purchase a house we won't be able to sell down the line not to mention the liability risk hanging over our heads.

If you a have any suggestions as to who to talk to, how to get this sorted please share your ideas it would be really appreciated.
    If you know anyone planning to buy in the estate it may be worth sharing this with them because I don't believe anyone should have to endure the stress, tears and loss of sleep that we have had to over such greed and lack of disregard shown by Alanna Homes at the expense of others.

Thank you,
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ialex87

I can confirm Dan's post. There was a lot of aka "miss understandings" and "miss communications" from Sherry Fitzgerald. We didn't get the shower doors as well and the contract was very vague and no measurements. Hopefully size matches.

If you are going to buy a house in this estate make sure and clarify with Sherry what are you actually buying.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's no particular need for a second thread on this development so I've merged the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 soneill88

I'd also like to confirm Dan's post. Unfortunately we faced a myriad of issues with Sherry Fitzgerald, the largest of which was being sold a house layout that didn't actually exist to begin with. I wont be going into too many details here as we have signed our contracts now anyway (sellers market lol) , however, I know how difficult it is to actually get anything out of SF and Alanna homes, or Garlandbrook ltd or Menolloy homes, they have lots of different names. 
    It would be such an easy thing to move the wall and give Dan the boundary he paid for. But alas, nothing is easy when you're dealing with developers who only care about the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I mean this in all sincerity. 'Talk to Joe' and name the lot of them. Submit a detailed report to the Liveline team with evidence where possible and theyll let you name and shame on air. Its the only way things get done around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Does anyone have any contact details for Alanna homes? Email address? Phone number?

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any contact details for Alanna homes? Email address? Phone number?

It's on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

I had a look at the "pre release" of The park at Hansfield.
    felt disappointed unfortunately.
    The houses are great and lovely, but the situation of today I dont feel was good.
    in the new phase there are 219 houses.
    They have renamed the houses to confuse things.

Type B1 is now Holly and is €345k
    Type D1, D2 and B2 is now Heather and are €320k, €325k and €335k
    Type B3 is Hawthorn and was not on sale
    Type A1 is Rosebay and was sold previously at €395k

they only had 52 houses for sale from what I could gather today out of the 219 houses.

I along with a few other people I could hear talking felt pressurised by the situation,
    I expected stupidly the fully 219 houses for sale which would have been great.
    because there were only 52 houses people felt they had to put their name down on a house just so they could get a chance to have one, when I was leaving at 4.40pm, there were only 4 houses that were not taken.

For sale were 23 to 37 Park Crescent,
    All of Park Grove
    and 17 to 24 Park View.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4 soneill88

I know that some of the houses you mentioned there are already sold. In fact quite a lot of them are

In the previous phase they released them in batches as well. I popped up each weekend so I could get the house that I wanted. It took 3 Saturdays of arriving at opening time but I managed to secure the one I wanted so if there is a specific one you have in mind just show up next week and see if it's been released.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea how much the Hawthorn model in Hansfield Park will cost?

Thanks,
    LunaPotter

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mjblack

Hi, I am new to this thread. Signed contracts for house 3bed semi on the park grove about a month ago now and nothing back? Has that been others experience? We were told originally exp completion start next year 18 just wondering if any neighbors have been given a date? Thanks MJ

Mjblack wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this thread. Signed contracts for house 3bed semi on the park grove about a month ago now and nothing back? Has that been others experience? We were told originally exp completion start next year 18 just wondering if any neighbors have been given a date? Thanks MJ

The builder is very slow to return contracts unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Anyone know what's the noise coming from the new block of aparments along the Ongar Road - sounds like a bad generator left running all night for the last two nights? Tried emailing alanna, but info@alannahomes.ie got a bounceback "bacause delivery to this address is restricted"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Can't believe I spotted a couple of houses in Hansfield Woods with their Xmas decorations up already!! FFS, not even Halloween!!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Can't believe I spotted a couple of houses in Hansfield Woods with their Xmas decorations up already!! FFS, not even Halloween!!

I've seen plenty of Halloween decorations, but no Christmas ones yet!

Attol wrote: »

What's the story with their email address - doesn't accept incoming email??

Two houses in Barnsfield too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eden_P

Shuttle666 wrote: »
    Two houses in Barnsfield too!

Don't forget it's Diwali. That's what all of the lights around the square are in Barnwell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

More 3 Beds are being Released at The Park this weekend.
    Prices are now starting at €335,000.
    Show homes open Sat, Sun and Mon 2pm till 4pm.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement