Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marge79

Mjblack wrote: »
    Signed contracts for house 3bed semi on the park grove about a month ago now and nothing back? Has that been others experience? We were told originally exp completion start next year 18 just wondering if any neighbors have been given a date? Thanks MJ

Hi I am new as well nice to e-meet you. We should be signing in the next few days for a house in park crescent. I say should cause the contract is very poorly written in my opinion. We were told beginning of 2018 as well. please feel free to pm me so we can share information.
    Cheers

Marge79

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oncedaniel

Hi,
    Anyone know how long does it take to get the land registry folio (after getting the key)?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 soneill88

The turn around time on contracts is about 3-4 months . I paid deposit in June and didn't get contracts until august. I signed in august and had them returned in October but this was probably because I put an awful lot of pressure on them to get the contract back to me.

The contracts are vague, yes but on Solicitors advice we signed them.

When I bought my house in June I was unaware that it was in phase two, as it was sold off the showhouse plans of phase 1. Was told q1 of 2018. Houses that were released in October are going to complete before my house, which is dissappointing but not something I can change as they changed the schedule for building at some point.

If you're expecting things to most fast , they won't, but keep on top of The selling agent for updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Interesting that the next 99 houses coming in stream in Hansfield Wood will be for renters only as a property vehicle has bought them outright in advance! Not sure how good this is. As an Ongar resident, I notice the high renter ratio means the population is quite transient and this sometimes presents challenges for neighborhood community spirit etc.

Ires Reit in move from apartments to houses

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/ires-reit-in-move-from-apartments-to-houses-36344425.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

ongarboy wrote: »
    Interesting that the next 99 houses coming in stream in Hansfield Wood will be for renters only as a property vehicle has bought them outright in advance! Not sure how good this is. As an Ongar resident, I notice the high renter ratio means the population is quite transient and this sometimes presents challenges for neighborhood community spirit etc.

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/ires-reit-in-move-from-apartments-to-houses-36344425.html

Seeing as they deal with pretty high end rentals usually, I don't think it's going to have a negative effect on the area/maintenance. Those are going to be attractive to families, and with a lot of multinationals in the area I can see there being a lot of demand for them. I (along with my family) also rented pretty much my entire life until buying here and I turned out ok :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

I see that some of the street lights have now been switched on but some have not - wondering when they will all be switched on? Also does anyone know if the council have bought the newer 2 blocks of apartments which are right next to the ongar road - right at the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    I see that some of the street lights have now been switched on but some have not - wondering when they will all be switched on? Also does anyone know if the council have bought the newer 2 blocks of apartments which are right next to the ongar road - right at the edge.

This is because 2 of the micro pillars that power the lighting for the estate have not been certified by the ESB and cannot be powered up until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Looks to be true :)

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr.nsf/eStampUNID/UNID-C7C2886B6DE92AAD802581E7004CFE45?OpenDocument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Not good news at all, god only knows who'll be stuck in there, refugees, antisocial families, etc, basically people who don't give a sh1t as they haven't mortgaged up to the neck.

How is this allowed. What is the landlord like in regards to maintenance and dealing with antisocial problems etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Phil.x wrote: »
    Not good news at all, god only knows who'll be stuck in there, refugees, antisocial families, etc, basically people who don't give a sh1t as they haven't mortgaged up to the neck.

How is this allowed. What is the landlord like in regards to maintenance and dealing with antisocial problems etc.

While what you say is a wildly sweeping statement, I agree with the core point I think you are making. Would not be too impressed if I had purchased in beside that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

Guys, I don't understand your panic. They are just apartments/houses for rent, not a getho for god knows whom. This country has a large number of people renting and most of them/us are completely normal. It's possible that your Irish/non-refugee/in full time employment-neighbours who bought the house next to you might be noisy and messy and make your life hell.

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/clonsilla/hansfield-wood-clonsilla-clonsilla-dublin-1802195/

They're at a pretty high price point.

I don't think the panic is warranted.

I'd say the company will also be pretty vigilant about antisocial behaviour in order to protect their investment. It's a hell of a lot easier to get in touch with the company to report it than to try track down a landlord for most places.

Attol wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/clonsilla/hansfield-wood-clonsilla-clonsilla-dublin-1802195/

They're at a pretty high price point.

I don't think the panic is warranted.

I'd say the company will also be pretty vigilant about antisocial behaviour in order to protect their investment. It's a hell of a lot easier to get in touch with the company to report it than to try track down a landlord for most places.

I don't think the people renting will be paying that, maybe the tax payer!?

Phil.x wrote: »
    I don't think the people renting will be paying that, maybe the tax payer!?

What on earth are you talking about? They're private rentals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

I'm not worried about the rentals at all, don't think that should deter or anger people. Like Attol said it doesn't mean there will be antisocial behaviour - I have been renting for the last 12 years and I have always taken great care of my apartments.

Also a good chunk of them are houses, so it will be families who are renting and they are a very high price point at 2200 a month so people will definitely be taking good care of their homes because they will want that 2200 deposit back at the end of their tenancy - assuming their tenancy doesn't last many many years as homes like this generally attract longer term renters.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jim Ellis

The HAP scheme is almost exclusively private rentals. So yes there will likely be a large number of social welfare tenants moving in.
    Working families with good incomes who can afford 2,200 euro/month would just mortgage the property instead for a much lower figure.
    I am a landlord of a similar property and the only people who can afford the rent since 2015 are groups of 3-4 professionals house sharing. I would say this demographic will also make up a large part of the tenancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Heya. Can anyone please share any landscaping company(-ies) who are doing leveling of the backgardens at not very expensive cost? And maybe somebody know how much it should normally cost to level backgarden of approx. 90 sqm ? House is mid-terrace, so there can be difficulties for machinery to enter and potentially needs to be done manually by people...

Thanks in advance!

Jim Ellis wrote: »
    The HAP scheme is almost exclusively private rentals. So yes there will likely be a large number of social welfare tenants moving in.
    Working families with good incomes who can afford 2,200 euro/month would just mortgage the property instead for a much lower figure.
    I am a landlord of a similar property and the only people who can afford the rent since 2015 are groups of 3-4 professionals house sharing. I would say this demographic will also make up a large part of the tenancies.

So, do you think it'll be HAP tenants, or professionals?

There are a lot of international companies hiring people from other countries who would be locating to Ireland temporarily so won't be looking to buy straight away.

Do you live in the estate? There seem to be a fair few regular posters fear mongering in threads about new estates in this forum when they don't have anything to do with those estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

ck0 wrote: »
    Heya. Can anyone please share any landscaping company(-ies) who are doing leveling of the backgardens at not very expensive cost? And maybe somebody know how much it should normally cost to level backgarden of approx. 90 sqm ? House is mid-terrace, so there can be difficulties for machinery to enter and potentially needs to be done manually by people...

Thanks in advance!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Noseyrosie

Hi
    Has anyone here bought in the park? Anyone have a moving in date yet?
    We've been told end April/start may
    What are the chances of that being true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You're better off joining the FB group and asking there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

HI, Im planning to buy in hansfield. Could someone say are there any 3 or 4 bed detached homes?
    Are the 3 bed detached homes spacious enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

kevincool wrote: »
    HI, Im planning to buy in hansfield. Could someone say are there any 3 or 4 bed detached homes?

I'm pretty sure everything is sold long ago but I could be wrong.

No detached houses, only semi detached. We're in a 3 bed semi-d and it's 119sq m which is very spacious for us but it depends on your definition of spacious, or where space matters to you most.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

kevincool wrote: »

You could look at Barnwell Woods in Hansfield. There are a handful of 4 bed detached and a good few 3 bed semi-d houses. You'll probably need to queue up to buy one.

alexf1 wrote: »
    You could look at Barnwell Woods in Hansfield. There are a handful of 4 bed detached and a good few 3 bed semi-d houses. You'll probably need to queue up to buy one.

Any idea how much is the 4 bed detached?

sdssarah wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everything is sold long ago but I could be wrong.

No detached houses, only semi detached. We're in a 3 bed semi-d and it's 119sq m which is very spacious for us but it depends on your definition of spacious, or where space matters to you most.

How many people live in your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Are there any plans to remove the electricity pylons?

Do you have an alternative to electricity that we can use to maintain our modern way of life? :rolleyes:

I highly doubt the pylons will be moved. There are plenty of pylons going through built up areas all over the country. Totally normal.

I think you need to wake up and face reality in who's in your housing estate.

https://www.iresreit.ie/properties/hansfield-wood/

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/irish-independent/20180810/281608126260992

The biggest landlord (crooks) in Ireland.
    On rte news the the other week, homes for rent for €2200 per month to people on social welfare, they pay just over €200 per month and the tax payer pays the other €1900+ per month through HAP.
    I'd be pretty sure there's not many single people or family's who could afford that rent privately.

So I'd give a good guess it's 50/45/5% comprising of private owners, social welfare, private renters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Unecessary & bigoted post removed. Any more posts like thhat will result in bans

Advertisement