Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

i,ve only ever heard of an engineer inspecting a second hand proper.
    The builders engineer would have to inspect and sign off on a new property like yours so it sounds like you'd be doing the same thing twice to me but maybe other people have a different opinion,

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Just got an email from Sherry Fitzgerald saying that more houses have been released. I wonder if these are the same houses that were released last weekend. Can't see how the builder could release any more and get them finished before buyers mortgage offer runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublindublin1

I felt, builders are taking advantages of 10% deposit, happy that you guys shared some piece of contract, I agree some pieces are really weird.
    I saw one of my friend's contract (not hansfield wood). They had clearly mentioned that material they use, brand of wardrobe, kitchen supplier.

I have decided to cancel my booking, thinking to look for an another property. Have you guys know, who is the builder developing hansfield wood, do they have any website? how long they are into construction?

I think before you cancel your booking you should contact the selling agent and list your questions and concerns, then you will be better informed and decide what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    i,ve only ever heard of an engineer inspecting a second hand proper.
    The builders engineer would have to inspect and sign off on a new property like yours so it sounds like you'd be doing the same thing twice to me but maybe other people have a different opinion,

Hi AGUSIA1, my problem is right now there's no such things (measurements of the house) in the contract, I wonder why the builder does't include them in the contract? It should be around 110 sqm, but it's not in the contract, what about the real one is only 100 sqm? I talked with my solicitor, the answer is to find an engineer to inspect it... anyway, the inspecting result will be not included in the contract, basically it means if I'm still happy with the house after inspecting the I sign the contract otherwise I walk away. God! Feel really stressful about this, honestly, I don't have high expectations to get a very fancy house in the end and don't want spend too much time on this. Anyone has viewed the site recently? How's the progress of the build? I really don't know whether I should have someone inspect the house before signing the contract.

• Advertisement

Hi AGUSIA1, my problem is right now there's no such things (measurements of the house) in the contract, I wonder why the builder does't include them in the contract? It should be around 110 sqm, but it's not in the contract, what about the real one is only 100 sqm? I talked with my solicitor, the answer is to find an engineer to inspect it... anyway, the inspecting result will be not included in the contract, basically it means if I'm still happy with the house after inspecting the I sign the contract otherwise I walk away. God! Feel really stressful about this, honestly, I don't have high expectations to get a very fancy house in the end and don't want spend too much time on this. Anyone has viewed the site recently? How's the progress of the build? I really don't know whether I should have someone inspect the house before signing the contract.
    It does say which type of house your getting ex B1 and its written in thousands of brochures what the area is so i think your panicking a little too much, like i said, raise your concerns with the estate agent before doing anything drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They have another 150 accommodations to sell in the first phase, after you've moved in. And another 150+ in the second phase. They don't want people scared away by complaints that they aren't selling what they have in the show houses. I wouldn't be too worried, there are usually small differences between houses so they probably don't want to commit to exact measurements in case someone sues them because their house is 109.5msq as opposed to 110msq.

I went up again today for another look. There hasn't been anything released above what was released last weekend. There are 25 units still available within what has been released - a combination of all house types. They don't seem to be selling particularly fast, whereas next door at Barnwell everything got snapped up as soon as they were released, and there were queues.

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    I went up again today for another look. There hasn't been anything released above what was released last weekend. There are 25 units still available within what has been released - a combination of all house types. They don't seem to be selling particularly fast, whereas next door at Barnwell everything got snapped up as soon as they were released, and there were queues.
    They might have to roll back some of those price increases, I don't think Barnwell increased by anywhere as much. Also Barnwell only sold something like 10 houses? HW is selling 70 odd houses now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I think maybe the small size of some bedrooms in the bigger houses might be off-putting to some - plus one of the ensuites was so small that the shower door couldn't even open out fully, it was hitting the toilet. Unless I was really determined to buy in this area, I wouldn't buy one of them myself tbh. Build quality looks ok though.

• Advertisement

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I think maybe the small size of some bedrooms in the bigger houses might be off-putting to some - plus one of the ensuites was so small that the shower door couldn't even open out fully, it was hitting the toilet. Unless I was really determined to buy in this area, I wouldn't buy one of them myself tbh. Build quality looks ok though.
    The 3 bed show house didn't have a shower door that swung out so I presume you mean the 4 bed? I haven't seen all the new houses at these price ranges in Dublin but compared to the other houses I saw the bedrooms didn't seem that small, maybe the third bedroom was small but that's fairly normal. Which new houses would you recommend over these?

They might have to roll back some of those price increases, I don't think Barnwell increased by anywhere as much. Also Barnwell only sold something like 10 houses? HW is selling 70 odd houses now?

I'm not sure the prices went up by that much actually. I got to see the detailed price list and each house is individually priced according to plot size. The cheapest 3 bed terraced house is now €280k, 3 bed semi-detached €299,950, and 4 bed semi-detached €365k. Prices go up from there then depending on square metres and overall plot size. Seems like c. €5k increase from original launch.

I'm not sure the prices went up by that much actually. I got to see the detailed price list and each house is individually priced according to plot size. The cheapest 3 bed terraced house is now €280k, 3 bed semi-detached €299,950, and 4 bed semi-detached €365k. Prices go up from there then depending on square metres and overall plot size. Seems like c. €5k increase from original launch.
    Well those don't seem like huge increases. Actually it's competitive with Barnwell, I don't find Barnwell obviously better either. Maybe people don't realize that eventually there will be a road to Hansfield station?

Well those don't seem like huge increases. Actually it's competitive with Barnwell, I don't find Barnwell obviously better either. Maybe people don't realize that eventually there will be a road to Hansfield station?

Barnwell is nice but it felt to me like the houses there were more on top of each other than in Hansfield Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Maybe people don't realize that eventually there will be a road to Hansfield station?

I wasn't aware of that so that's another plus ðŸ‘

Barnwell is nice but it felt to me like the houses there were more on top of each other than in Hansfield Wood.
    We were thinking the same, The Mews will be more squished in HW (probably as squished as the Barnwell one) but the rest of the estate will be more like a classic/standard estate which I prefer. Maybe it's the number of houses they have released, simply far more than Barnwell.

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that so that's another plus ðŸ‘
    The two estates will be developed toward each other and the developers have to build a large, shared village green for the two developments. Now this will take some years so don't expect all this soon :) You can see the start of some roads on the Barnwell main road if you look at it on Google maps. They are dead ends to the left.

What price increases are yous talking about. I've been up several times since I put a deposit down on the larger 3 bed and I haven't seen any price increases. Houses with larger gardens were more expensive from the start. You have to compare like with like guys. I was also at barnwell release last week. They had 15 houses. How can yous compare that to over 50 in hansfield woods.
    I agree with who said that barnwell seems a little more on top of each other but still lovely houses and I'd happily take one in either development.

Meet the neighbours.

Link.

We don't have a direct road connection to this estate though so I may be wrong about a direct road connection to Hansfield, I'd be surprised if there won't be one eventually but it will be further down (which would be better as it's closer to the station).

The bottom right is Hansfield Wood.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, anyone noticed that the show house no 3, the actually layout is different from the map (d1)? I don't understand how it happens, the builder made a mistake during the construction process or the ads people made a mistake when designing the brochure? Can we still trust the house will be built with an effort? Is such things common in Ireland? My colleagues always telling me here people are more relax, so I accept that don't expecting the bus will be on time, but at least the whole structure of the house should be the same as the map! Or should I lower my expectation again?

Well this is Ireland so you'd be lucky to get a house, they might just give you some bricks instead.

On a more serious note the brochure was drafted up before the show houses were ready and they use the planning documents house layouts which are not up to date. The layout you see in the show house is what you will most likely get, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the layouts in the brochure as they were in a rush to open up before Barnwell I think.

Well this is Ireland so you'd be lucky to get a house, they might just give you some bricks instead.

On a more serious note the brochure was drafted up before the show houses were ready and they use the planning documents house layouts which are not up to date. The layout you see in the show house is what you will most likely get, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the layouts in the brochure as they were in a rush to open up before Barnwell I think.

Oh, your reply comforts me a bit. Show house no 3 basically switch left and right of d1, then suddenly you have a window for the en-suite bathroom. There's no such type in the brochure although I would like to have this one instead of d1.

I think clonsilla train station is nearly the closer option for those at the front of the estate as well as the better option in terms of connections to Connolly.
    I'd like to see access to hansfield station by foot but not a direct road connection.
    Anyone try to contact the kitchen manafacturer. I sent email 2 weeks ago about getting a breakfast bar made after we move in but got no reply.

This was the original proposed road network. It's deviated from that a bit but I'd be surprised if there isn't an internal access road to the station. Not that it will happen any time soon, maybe 2019, probably later. Breakfast bars take up space and make it hard to put several tables together in case of parties/Christmas meals etc. I'm so happy the houses don't come with them tbh, do people use them when you have a table as well?

I find tables a more formal thing while breakfast bar is more casual and I like that. Maybe it just me though.
    We have plenty of more important things to get first anyhow.

My memory was correct, there is a plan for an internal road to the station. It goes along the north of the village green. For most people walking will only take 2 or 3 minutes more so I'm not sure many people will bother using it for that.

Oh, yeah, sure as long as it doesn't become a rat run I've no problem with it.
    The village green is big isn't it.
    It looks like a lovely estate when it will eventually be finished

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

So it says that the contracts need to be signed within 21 days of issue together with 10%. Is the 10% inclusive of the €5k booking deposit already paid? Also if the contracts are signed and returned quicker does that mean that the snagging process begins sooner?

• Advertisement

its 10% of the total less your deposit.
    Signing contract earlier won't make much difference.
    Snagging process only starts when the house is completely finished and you are asked to come and inspect it.
    Any problems you find are then rectified and you receive your house it the weeks to follow.

Advertisement