Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

My contract actually says they want it signed within 14 days of the 14th october so by the 28th i presume, I wouldn't get too excited about it, they were very slow to send them out so theres no great panic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The village green is for all Hansfield SDZ, it will be paid for by both the Barnwell and Hansfield Wood developers. There are very few parking spaces for Hansfield station so I wouldn't be surprised if once Hansfield is fully developed after 8ish it becomes impossible to find a parking space. Which should put people off driving through the main road for HW and encourage them to walk instead. I don't see the appeal of using that road if you come from outside Hansfield, Station Rd seems the more likely route.

I don't understand why the brochure doesn't mention the playground and the village green, this stuff is attractive to young families.

I have a suspicion they might not make houses available for snagging until the block of 4 terrace houses across the road from the 3 beds are ready. That way an entire section of The Lawn moves from a building site to lived in, stopping at no 26/22. Otherwise people might start moving in while the road is still a building site and I imagine the builders could find that annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

From what I can see on the plans the road width will be the same throughout the estate I.e. The same width as the finished road outside the houses at the front (show houses) so I can't see there being room for in road parking based on that..

The main spine road will be 6m, most of the other roads will be 5.5m, the council asked them to make the roads smaller. Ye there won't be much space for parking (or speeding) on the estate roads.

The main spine road will be 6m, most of the other roads will be 5.5m, the council asked them to make the roads smaller. Ye there won't be much space for parking (or speeding) on the estate roads.

Presumably they asked for the roads to be smaller is for safety reasons e.g. It should reduce speeding as u say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Meet the neighbours.

Link.

We don't have a direct road connection to this estate though so I may be wrong about a direct road connection to Hansfield, I'd be surprised if there won't be one eventually but it will be further down (which would be better as it's closer to the station).
    Hi, i've seen that there are some buildings outside the red line in the map, closer station road... What will be they? Who Knows?

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi, i've seen that there are some buildings outside the red line in the map, closer station road... What will be they? Who Knows?
    Are these permanent brick buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublindublin1

How about the builder are they accepting 5% deposit after January. As we can get 5% money from Govt. on Help to buy scheme. Are they OK with pay 5% and pay another 5% once we get the money from Govt. Any one have such issues and have u discussed with

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Just wondering if anyone has signed contracts and paid the 10% yet? Also if anyone has the site managers details to contact regarding completion date and snagging. Getting anxious at how slow everything is moving, we are under pressure and really need to be in the house by December.

hw1234 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has signed contracts and paid the 10% yet? Also if anyone has the site managers details to contact regarding completion date and snagging. Getting anxious at how slow everything is moving, we are under pressure and really need to be in the house by December.

Haven't signed yet but will do soon. However our house isn't due till February at the earliest so not too panicked yet.

• Advertisement

Sherry Fitz called to ask if we'd signed yet. Maybe the builder has signaled they're expecting to go to snag in November and to get contracts signed.

Sherry Fitz called to ask if we'd signed yet. Maybe the builder has signaled they're expecting to go to snag in November and to get contracts signed.

They called me just now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Just out of interest does anyone know what the building structure is.
    They looked like SIPs to me, though with external insulation layer.

Anybody know?

Just out of interest does anyone know what the building structure is.
    They looked like SIPs to me, though with external insulation layer.

Anybody know?

They are precast concrete with thruss roof.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    They are precast concrete with thruss roof.

Fairy dust render?

From the contracts.
    SPECIFICATION
    Hansfield Wood
    Construction

Foundations
    Concrete Strip foundation as per Engineer's details

Floors
    Concrete ground floor slab
    1st floor open web joists with OSB boards

External Walls
    150mm precast concrete wall
    140mm high density graphite EPS insulation board
    ElFS external render system with low maintenance monocouche render and/or brick finish and/or dry dash

Party Walls
    150mm precast concrete wall
    50mm x 25mm batten to one side with 12.5mm plasterboard and painted finish

Internal Partitions
    75mm timber Stud 0 12.5mm plasterboard both sides with painted finish

Ceilings
    12.5mm plasterboard with painted finish
    350mm Earthwool insulation in attic

Roof
    Prefabricated timber roof trusses as per Engineer's details
    Roofing Felt
    Battens
    Concrete roof tiles

External Finish
    Brick and/or low maintenance monocouche render and/or dry dash finish
    uPVC windows by Munster Joinery
    Composite front door by Munster Joinery
    uPVC fascia, Soffits and gutters
    Rear gardens are seeded
    Cutting out the rest

From the contracts.

Cutting out the rest

Thanks thats great, the use of precast concrete walls is noteworthy.
    Very few developments provide any technical details.

Is there any insulation on the party walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

From the contracts.

Cutting out the rest
    Are you referring these details from the catalog/brochure/planning permission. There is no such details in the contract which I received. Apart from the plan and site layout no details regrading the total size/interiors/etc.

It's in the construction specifications document, we received it from our solicitor when I asked to look at the contract.

• Advertisement

Thanks.. Seems bit Strange... May be your solicitor additionally requested this documents. By default there is no such documents.

Thanks.. Seems bit Strange... May be your solicitor additionally requested this documents. By default there is no such documents.

I got spec document too. You wouldn't normally insulate a party wall anyhow. Maybe you mean sound proofing board.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    I got spec document too. You wouldn't normally insulate a party wall anyhow. Maybe you mean sound proofing board.

One of the advantages outlined in the brochure is how little sound you can hear from next door - just wondering what is done to make this possible in terms of sound proofing/insulation..?

Guys do you have any idea why the houses are not wired for Alarm?. From my experience all most all the new houses (low/high budget) are pre-wired for Alarm except this. How much we can rely on wireless alarm? and it cost you more as compared with the wired.

All the external walls are precast concrete, There is no easy way to run wires through this, if you look in the showhouse almost all sockets switches, radiators etc are on the internal walls

I doubt.... How many connections you need for external wall. Only one for the external signal/indicator box.
    Is that means putting an additional tap or socket for the back garden is also an issue?

I doubt.... How many connections you need for external wall. Only one for the external signal/indicator box.
    Is that means putting an additional tap or socket for the back garden is also an issue?

And what about getting a wire to each and every window for the sensors. Did they say that the alarm comes with the house? I currently have a wireless alarm at its top of the range but I'd prefere it was wired so battaries didn't have to be replaced. It would be slightly more difficult to get a wire to back garden but not impossible. It would be good idea to contact the electrical contractor and ask that a cable be put to the back garden while it's been built.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

Hi, anybody knows what is wrong with the 1st phase semi detached houses 44, 45 and 47 the lawn(all B2 type 110 sq mtr). these all are still available while all the houses even from 2nd phase ( the drive, Paddocks ) are gone already. i hav booked 1 in the new phase...

Only difference I can see the Car Parking (side parking) apart from the floor plan. So less open space in front. But all has got good enough back/side garden space .

• Advertisement

It's in the construction specifications document, we received it from our solicitor when I asked to look at the contract.

You are right. Done the first round of meeting with our Solicitor and all seems fine. Thanks...

Advertisement