Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GoodLuckFlocks

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    And what about getting a wire to each and every window for the sensors. Did they say that the alarm comes with the house? I currently have a wireless alarm at its top of the range but I'd prefere it was wired so battaries didn't have to be replaced. It would be slightly more difficult to get a wire to back garden but not impossible. It would be good idea to contact the electrical contractor and ask that a cable be put to the back garden while it's been built.

I thought windows sensors are wired internally. Happy to hear that wireless alarm works fine for you, getting bit more confident :)
    We talked to SFG many time regarding doing additional works like taps/socket ect, but they don't fancy this time due to the time constrains. But still I would like to get the electric/plumbing contractor details. Please share if you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

stany79 wrote: »
    Hi, anybody knows what is wrong with the 1st phase semi detached houses 44, 45 and 47 the lawn(all B2 type 110 sq mtr). these all are still available while all the houses even from 2nd phase ( the drive, Paddocks ) are gone already. i hav booked 1 in the new phase...
    Downstairs is smaller, north facing gardens, 47, 44 will have small back gardens. To give an idea of the back garden size look at no 9 The Lawn (walk along the estate wall and take a picture of the garden by raising your phone over the wall, although no 9 does have part of its back garden chopped off, incorrectly I believe, and given to the house on Hansfield Road behind it, which has a palatial garden). Also people might presume there won't be enough space for two cars in the driveway, which there should (in the planning application it states all 3 beds should have space for two cars). no 46 and 45 should have some of the biggest back gardens in the estate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

I thought windows sensors are wired internally. Happy to hear that wireless alarm works fine for you, getting bit more confident :)
    We talked to SFG many time regarding doing additional works like taps/socket ect, but they don't fancy this time due to the time constrains. But still I would like to get the electric/plumbing contractor details. Please share if you have.

Unfortunately I haven't got any contact details yet as my house hasn't even started.
    Alarms are wired internally.
    Normally in traditional build the wires would be concealed behind plasterboard but in these houses there are no plasterboard on the inside of the external walls. It is just precast concrete, nothing else so no where to conceal wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    They called me just now too.

Got a call myself earlier this week. Signing the contract next week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

hi, i got my deposit receipt today and bit confused with one point.

6. Neither the vendor nor the agent shall be required to define boundaries, fences, ditches, hedges or walls – nor to ascertain which, (if any) might be of a party nature.

i am afraid of this statement, do we get ownership of the car park and back garden of our house?

• Advertisement

hi, i got my deposit receipt today and bit confused with one point.

6. Neither the vendor nor the agent shall be required to define boundaries, fences, ditches, hedges or walls – nor to ascertain which, (if any) might be of a party nature.

i am afraid of this statement, do we get ownership of the car park and back garden of our house?
    I think it means they can't guarantee the exact size of you garden/plot until they've laid down the fences. Basically their priority is the house and the garden will be roughly like in the plans but they won't sign anything saying it will be exactly Xmsq.

I think it means they can't guarantee the exact size of you garden/plot until they've laid down the fences. Basically their priority is the house and the garden will be roughly like in the plans but they won't sign anything saying it will be exactly Xmsq.

Your 100% correct Croc

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Does anyone know if an induction hob would work in the kitchen?

of coarse it would work, its electric.

Hi anybody knows more about the air to water heating option in these houses?

• Advertisement

Have received the contract however am not hugely confident around how quickly the completion notice will be issued by the builder so that the snag list can be put together and worked through - anyone else have a similar type of concern?

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Have received the contract however am not hugely confident around how quickly the completion notice will be issued by the builder so that the snag list can be put together and worked through - anyone else have a similar type of concern?

I think they are still looking to complete the phase 1 (The Lawn 1-26) by end of Dec 16. If they are going by this plan then Mid Jan you may get your key after snagging and all other process.
    But in my opinion January end or Mid February would be more realistic.

Hi, anybody knows what is wrong with the 1st phase semi detached houses 44, 45 and 47 the lawn(all B2 type 110 sq mtr). these all are still available while all the houses even from 2nd phase ( the drive, Paddocks ) are gone already. i hav booked 1 in the new phase...

44 would be a good option for who ever is looking for an extension in the future as it has got good enough side garden space (east).

There meant to be quite a good system and very economical,
    They are getting popular lately in new builds.
    There is no big blast of heat like you get from gas or oil fired boilers and radiators but more a constant temperature similar to underfloor heating.

Did anyone sign the contract yet?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I read that the two neighbouring developments to the west of Hansfield Wood as far as the road to Hansfield Train Station were both granted planning permission in October so I guess we'll see a lot more diggers etc in the area pretty soon. For perspective, these two sites are at the other (northwest) side of the pylons, Hansfield Wood being at the south eastern side of the pylons. The plans show that these two developments will share access from the same Allendale roundabout entrance as Hansfield Wood but that there will also be entrances from Station Road. 4 storey apartments are also included in the FW16A/0117 scheme.

FW16A/0117
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00532869.pdf

FW16A/0030
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00536096.pdf

It seems as per the latest map/layout plan they have cut the backyard size for The Lawn (10-18) . Did anyone notice this?. As per planning permission details the average backyard size for the above houses are 79m2 (approx). But as per the latest plan its seems not more than 65m2. I am really concerned, as they don't mention any measurements in the contract and things are keep changing in between. Not sure what shape/size they handover.

It seems as per the latest map/layout plan they have cut the backyard size for The Lawn (10-18) . Did anyone notice this?. As per planning permission details the average backyard size for the above houses are 79m2 (approx). But as per the latest plan its seems not more than 65m2. I am really concerned, as they don't mention any measurements in the contract and things are keep changing in between. Not sure what shape/size they handover.
    where are u seeing this?

It is displayed in the sales office (this include the phase 1 & 2 plans). Please see the attachment.

• Advertisement

It is displayed in the sales office (this include the phase 1 & 2 plans). Please see the attachment.

Do you have a slightly larger picture that would include the avenue?

Sorry... I don't have. Don't see any changes for The Avenue.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that no 9 has a smaller garden than they should have as it looked like the developer handed some of their garden over to the house on Hansfield Road behind no 9. It might be that the house on Hansfield Road actually took a chunk out of the entire row...The problem is that the wall along the back of that row is built right against the trees bordering the two areas. They were told to keep the trees for privacy purposes, which I agree with but I figure that meant the developers probably found it easier to build the wall near the trees as opposed to in the middle of them. All the walls are up now, have you gone in to look at that row of houses?

Sounds. I couldn't view the houses/garden as they are not open yet.Yes the wall is almost done. Is there any way to get the details?. Seems they took off almost 10ft in length.

Surely the houses on that row are almost done, I'd say some are ready for snagging by this stage? We were able to see the house we have a deposit on about a month ago and we were surprised about the smaller garden, it's still OK but we did expect it to be bigger.

I think this question is a solicitor question, first there must be a verification that the gardens are smaller than they should be.

Thanks. That is great as you were able to view the house/garden, so we can also request SF to arrange the view (hope you contacted SF for the same) before making any big decisions. Do you see much difference in the size?

Thanks. That is great as you were able to view the house/garden, so we can also request SF to arrange the view (hope you contacted SF for the same) before making any big decisions. Do you see much difference in the size?
    Yes we contacted SF about it, it took a few weeks to arrange if I remember correctly. We were disappointed in the garden size but we think it's probably still OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Does anybody know when the houses along the avenue will be finished - house number 1 to 27? what will be complete the December/January phase?

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when the houses along the avenue will be finished - house number 1 to 27? what will be complete the December/January phase?
    The Lawn 1-26 are the first set of houses to be completed I believe, The Avenue is closer to March/April I believe?

• Advertisement

Hi,
    does anybody signed the contract? maximum how many days will we get to sign?
    the 21 days SF said is the date they send or the date received by solicitor ?

Advertisement