Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

Hi,
    does anybody signed the contract? maximum how many days will we get to sign?
    the 21 days SF said is the date they send or the date received by solicitor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

My reading is of the deposit receipt it is 21 days from date of issue. You'll probably get a call from SF after a week then two to see how things are progressing. I've signed mine but have not heard anything yet back regarding completion date.

It seems as per the latest map/layout plan they have cut the backyard size for The Lawn (10-18) . Did anyone notice this?. As per planning permission details the average backyard size for the above houses are 79m2 (approx). But as per the latest plan its seems not more than 65m2. I am really concerned, as they don't mention any measurements in the contract and things are keep changing in between. Not sure what shape/size they handover.
    I mentioned earlier in the thread that no 9 has a smaller garden than they should have as it looked like the developer handed some of their garden over to the house on Hansfield Road behind no 9. It might be that the house on Hansfield Road actually took a chunk out of the entire row...The problem is that the wall along the back of that row is built right against the trees bordering the two areas. They were told to keep the trees for privacy purposes, which I agree with but I figure that meant the developers probably found it easier to build the wall near the trees as opposed to in the middle of them. All the walls are up now, have you gone in to look at that row of houses?
    Noticed the wall at the time but the gardens still seemed to be of a reasonable size. Must take another look as I assume the fencing has now been put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Nucflash wrote: »
    Noticed the wall at the time but the gardens still seemed to be of a reasonable size. Must take another look as I assume the fencing has now been put up.
    They are allowing people to view the houses they have deposits on this Saturday. Must mean the houses are heading toward snagging? I'd expect the driveways and garden fences to be up at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Looks like they have started constructing the apartments this week. As one of the 3 blocks will be 5 storeys, I wonder how dominant they'll look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hey all, anybody that has signed a contract or appointed a solicitor might be able to advise. I have placed a deposit on a house in HW and seeking a quote from solicitors and I am being asked a common question from all. Is the property Land Registry or Registry of Deeds..?? This seems to affect the solicitors costs. Anybody know? Also, any good value solicitor contact details would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Hey Guys just wondering has anybody got contact details for the electrical contractor of foreman?
    Send me a quick pm if you do.

The site is racing along now, have started foundations on the avenue this week.
    Big crowd around shophouses again today

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Hey Guys just wondering has anybody got contact details for the electrical contractor of foreman?
    Send me a quick pm if you do.

The site is racing along now, have started foundations on the avenue this week.
    Big crowd around shophouses again today

Do you know if there are many houses still available from what's been released?

I don't know Pedro, I didn't go into the sales office

We visited the house yesterday, took a few pictures and walked around the garden to understand the situation around garden size.

Here is a picture of the kitchen, there were some wonky switches the foreman spotted which will have to be brought up during snagging...along with a shelf fitted in the middle of the slot for the integrated fridge freezer (no idea why the kitchen fitters thought that was a good idea most fridge freezers will take up the full space) and some missing plug sockets for the oven (they only had one for the microwave, you can see it in the picture but there was none for the oven). It looks like there will have to be heightened focus on the kitchen during snagging.

I then went to look at the garden, specifically I went behind the garden wall, where I found this empty space of about ~1.5 mtrs between the latter houses on The Lawn and the adjoining house. Given the shape of the gardens if the back wall was placed next to the neighbours fence this would increase the size of the garden by ~20% (maximum width at the end of the gardens). Instead we are left with a vacuum (which has been gathering construction detritus)...

Looks like more investigation is required.

• Advertisement

did you ask the foreman about the garden situation Croc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shree1234

Hi all, i am new to this thread but would like to join the session as i have booked the house in Hansfield wood, THe AVENUE.

Hi Ongarboy, 2 links you posted earlier seems to be not working, is it possible to resend the link or if possible please pm me the picture of this planning permission. thanks

did you ask the foreman about the garden situation Croc?
    Yes he said as far as they were concerned the wall was in the correct place based on their GPS surveys. I think it's more a case of not wanting any hassle. It's not too clear from the pictures but there is a mound of earth all along that vacuum that they would have had to clear away ~1mtr in height and it would have made finishing off the wall a slower, more awkward process. If you look at the Fingal planning applications app you can see the boundary cuts inward which is visible here but the wall doesn't cut in as far as it should, hence this gap between boundaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Would anybody know what the eir code is for Hansfield wood? Our broker can't process home insurance quote without it. Sherry fitz don't seem to know it either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

hw1234 wrote: »
    Would anybody know what the eir code is for Hansfield wood? Our broker can't process home insurance quote without it. Sherry fitz don't seem to know it either

Eircode will be unique to the house or apt.
    Enter it here or nearest unit you can find to your place.

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

shree1234 wrote: »
    Hi all, i am new to this thread but would like to join the session as i have booked the house in Hansfield wood, THe AVENUE.

Hi Ongarboy, 2 links you posted earlier seems to be not working, is it possible to resend the link or if possible please pm me the picture of this planning permission. thanks

Hi, that's odd, when pasting them earlier the links seemed to get truncated. Hope below work better. I've also added in a third link for a development of 219 other houses to be built south of the current houses under construction.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00532869.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00518398.pdf

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00535576.pdf

Thanks a million Ongarboy.

Thanks for the pics croc.

Does anyone have any documentation they can share in relation to garden size?

While the gardens are by no means means tiny I don't understand why they would leave such a big gap?

Thanks,
    NF

The houses aren't complete yet, I'd be surprised if they had an eircode.

Hi Nucflash, below is the link that will show you all the garden sizes and other measurments in whole site.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00517334.pdf

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Nucflash, below is the link that will show you all the garden sizes and other measurments in whole site.

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00517334.pdf

thanks
    I'm afraid that's an indication at best. See my posts above about the gap of space behind some of the houses on The Lawn for example.

I'm afraid that's an indication at best. See my posts above about the gap of space behind some of the houses on The Lawn for example.

That's ture, this is only for indication and need to be prepared to get overall house/garden in smaller size.

That's ture, this is only for indication and need to be prepared to get overall house/garden in smaller size.
    Thanks a mill. The fact they are the bigger 3 bed type and not as overlooked makes up for the smaller then expected garden.

any of yous get closing dates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

any of yous get closing dates yet?
    Not a sniff of a closing date which is pretty ridiculous really...

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    Not a sniff of a closing date which is pretty ridiculous really...

At this stage i'd say that until the water and electricity are connected they won't confirm a closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

Nucflash wrote: »
    At this stage i'd say that until the water and electricity are connected they won't confirm a closing date.
    Agreed but the big question is...when are these two events going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 xfdublin2016

Hi guys, I just got an email from my solicitor, indicating that the closing date for me might be in the beginning of December. I wonder what does that mean? Should I finish snagging before that? About snagging, should I find expert to inspect the house and the builder should fix all problems before the closing date? I'm just worried that whether all these stuff can be finished within such a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Eircode still isn't available for houses...... Has anyone secured home insurance without it? And if so who did you go with?

Getting very anxious how slow everything is moving, we were hoping to close by December in order to get our 2% back from permanent Tsb . Also have a baby due end of December, really don't want the hassle of waiting to close by that time

• Advertisement

Our solicitor wants more details around the space between the two sets of houses so this will delay things for us :/

Advertisement