Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansfield Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

hw1234 wrote: »

Getting very anxious how slow everything is moving, we were hoping to close by December in order to get our 2% back from permanent Tsb . Also have a baby due end of December, really don't want the hassle of waiting to close by that time

Things are moving at a snails pace and it is very frustrating - nobody seems to know anything in terms of timelines

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Hey all,
    I have to say this was a great read and actually some of your input and feedback has me thinking "yea my future neighbors seem pretty swell" as I'm not from the area and have had to spend some time driving and walking around to get my bearings.

Some things I have noticed in this thread that I thought I would point out.
    #9 the Lawns I have seen people were quoted €325 for that somewhere in this thread and thought it was worth mentioning that when we were there last week I was offered it for €310 and was told I could move in in December (Dec for expected snagging date for the lawns I guess for those of you asking) as they are just waiting for utilities to be connected.

I booked #8 the avenue last week when we went down but held off until today to put our booking deposit down as I brought a builder with me to see if we missed out on anything (especially as I was concerned about how dark the halls were in a B4 type house) & we were also viewing a house in Castle grange (4 min away in Ongar direction)
    Castle grange really was an eye opener in regards to how little we are getting with HW as they included fitted kitchen inc appliances, feaux fireplace, shower and bath in main bathroom, attic was floored with attic ready trusses & a staire.

Originally we wanted a B1 house but none were available however this week 6 new B1 types came on the marker and I would like to point out that they have jacked up the price here with the prices being €315-320.
    Having taken a huge amount of time and to pull the plans apart to look at the floor space I feel that its a coin toss between a
    • B1 (larger bedrooms and better upstairs layout)
    • B4 larger living space but smaller bedrooms. Although the single bedroom does come with fitted wardrobe.

Questions
    • Has anyone seen what trusses are used in these houses? Do they come with a boarded attic? Are they a king post truss or attic truss?
    • Has anyone had any luck in getting a grant from the builder for not doing work? I am looking to not have any of the tiles fitted and ideally not the kitchen counter top & sink.

Thanks and sorry for the wall of text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

mooneyd wrote: »
    Questions
    • Has anyone seen what trusses are used in these houses? Do they come with a boarded attic? Are they a king post truss or attic truss?
    • Has anyone had any luck in getting a grant from the builder for not doing work? I am looking to not have any of the tiles fitted and ideally not the kitchen counter top & sink.
    Excellent post btw, thanks for keeping us updated. The attic isn't floored. We asked for the tiles not to be laid but were refused. Speaking to the foreman it sounded like they weren't interested in any deviations at all. Annoying but I can see their reasoning, they aren't confident they will make the changes to the right houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Hey all,
    I have to say this was a great read and actually some of your input and feedback has me thinking "yea my future neighbors seem pretty swell" as I'm not from the area and have had to spend some time driving and walking around to get my bearings.

Some things I have noticed in this thread that I thought I would point out.
    #9 the Lawns I have seen people were quoted €325 for that somewhere in this thread and thought it was worth mentioning that when we were there last week I was offered it for €310 and was told I could move in in December (Dec for expected snagging date for the lawns I guess for those of you asking) as they are just waiting for utilities to be connected.

I booked #8 the avenue last week when we went down but held off until today to put our booking deposit down as I brought a builder with me to see if we missed out on anything (especially as I was concerned about how dark the halls were in a B4 type house) & we were also viewing a house in Castle grange (4 min away in Ongar direction)
    Castle grange really was an eye opener in regards to how little we are getting with HW as they included fitted kitchen inc appliances, feaux fireplace, shower and bath in main bathroom, attic was floored with attic ready trusses & a staire.

Originally we wanted a B1 house but none were available however this week 6 new B1 types came on the marker and I would like to point out that they have jacked up the price here with the prices being €315-320.
    Having taken a huge amount of time and to pull the plans apart to look at the floor space I feel that its a coin toss between a
    • B1 (larger bedrooms and better upstairs layout)
    • B4 larger living space but smaller bedrooms. Although the single bedroom does come with fitted wardrobe.

Questions

Thanks and sorry for the wall of text.

Welcome to the group mooney

The attics are standard truss roofs,
    Ill be flooring this out myself.
    There sticky enough about changes though you might get some small concessions,
    we are also on the avenue, complete in feb/march.
    Regarding castle grange - Nice house but your missing half the site don't forget, no parking or front garden

So... my builder called me today to point out his observations amd concerns.

In relation to the B1 and B4 properties they both have errors in the plans. Not major but enough to point out as there may be more.

B1 - main upstairs bathroom is incorrect the bath and toilet are in the wrong places.
    B4 - single bedroom is advertised as having a fitted wardrobe however there is a radiator in the way and also a plug socket. Giving how little you get with these houses their miss representation is a little off putting.

Because their floor plans are not the exact same scale in the brochure its hard to compare room sizes so im redoing the plans as I really want to get to grips on how much space that 180 degree stairs costs you throughout the house.

• Advertisement

So... my builder called me today to point out his observations amd concerns.

In relation to the B1 and B4 properties they both have errors in the plans. Not major but enough to point out as there may be more.

B1 - main upstairs bathroom is incorrect the bath and toilet are in the wrong places.
    B4 - single bedroom is advertised as having a fitted wardrobe however there is a radiator in the way and also a plug socket. Giving how little you get with these houses their miss representation is a little off putting.

Because their floor plans are not the exact same scale in the brochure its hard to compare room sizes so im redoing the plans as I really want to get to grips on how much space that 180 degree stairs costs you throughout the house.

i pulled them up on both of them issues, answer was your house will be identical to the SHOW HOME

Yep they deviated from plans but the show house of the B1 is what our B1 on The Lawn looks like. We didn't notice any deviations from the show house having visited the house twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Must have been another open day today. I felt sorry for the poor Santas standing on the roundabout in the freezing fog guiding viewers to the site!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

ongarboy wrote: »
    Must have been another open day today. I felt sorry for the poor Santas standing on the roundabout in the freezing fog guiding viewers to the site!!:)

Yeah I was up there again to day for another look around. I didn't know what was going on with the Santas! Houses seem to have sold well. Around ten units left. Nothing else to be released until early next year.

ongarboy wrote: »

Yea there was but much, much less people compaired to yesterday.

My problem with their "it's the same as the show house" is there is no show house for a B4 so I don't know if I should be a pain in the ass and demand whats on the plans or just to live with it. The single bedroom in the B4 is so small that loosing that fitted wardrobe feels like a big loss

• Advertisement

Yea there was but much, much less people compaired to yesterday.

My problem with their "it's the same as the show house" is there is no show house for a B4 so I don't know if I should be a pain in the ass and demand whats on the plans or just to live with it. The single bedroom in the B4 is so small that loosing that fitted wardrobe feels like a big loss

if you've put a deposit down, ask to be let into number 8 before signing contract

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    if you've put a deposit down, ask to be let into number 8 before signing contract

Number 8 was open today. The third bedroom is as mentioned previously. There is a radiator and a plug where the plans say there should be a wardrobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kay16

Hi There, new member into the group, does anyone have any information on the Triangular space on The Avenue, which is the space attached the hospital land? I booked a house in front of it, beside the independent and 4 bed houses. no one has any idea what is in plan for that space. Please share if you know any info on this.

Thx
    Kay

kay16 wrote: »
    Hi There, new member into the group, does anyone have any information on the Triangular space on The Avenue, which is the space attached the hospital land? I booked a house in front of it, beside the independent and 4 bed houses. no one has any idea what is in plan for that space. Please share if you know any info on this.

Thx
    Kay
    It's the second phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jake2016

Hi Kay, which area are you talking about? I have carried out much research with the planning documents etc..

Jake2016 wrote: »
    Hi Kay, which area are you talking about? I have carried out much research with the planning documents etc..

Hi Jake,

It is the space opposite to the houses 104 to 112, all B1 and A type houses, just adjutant to the hospital lands, where there is a proposed ESB sub station.

Pls add 'h' to the beginning of the below link.

ttp://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00517334.pdf

Thx,
    Kay

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    I've been into the house and know that the tech house is different to the plans so I'm just more so thinking well b4 doesn't have a completed show house and maybe it was a mistake and they made a mistake. That and I'm just trying to squeeze out some extra value.

This area will be known as the Paddock once built if its the grass area tobthe left. Or are you talking about where the compass is on the brochure.

Does anyone know how many apartments there are going to be built on the right as you come in? I heard they would be 5 stories tall. I feel that's going to be quite domineering having looked at the 3 stories in Barnwell.

Does anyone know how many apartments there are going to be built on the right as you come in? I heard they would be 5 stories tall. I feel that's going to be quite domineering having looked at the 3 stories in Barnwell.
    Central block will be 5 the other two to the side will be 4. Here is the elevation view from the plans, seems OKish to me.

I've been into the house and know that the tech house is different to the plans so I'm just more so thinking well b4 doesn't have a completed show house and maybe it was a mistake and they made a mistake. That and I'm just trying to squeeze out some extra value.

This area will be known as the Paddock once built if its the grass area tobthe left. Or are you talking about where the compass is on the brochure.

Hi, Thats the area where there is a compass on the brochure plan. If you look at the council map, you can see full details.

I booked No 16. any views on pros and cons, esp looking at the unplanned space in the front.

Thx,
    Kay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I booked No 16. any views on pros and cons, esp looking at the unplanned space in the front.

Thx,
    Kay
    You can be assured that any space which you term as "unplanned space" will be developded in the future (built on). Unless it holds one of the following designations from Fingal County Council, "Agricultural" which is explanatory, or "Recreational & Amenity", in which case it can only be developed as park and sports facilities.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply.

I found one more map from the council, which says indicative Class 2 public space.

fingalcoco.ie/media/2.4.3.A.14.5%20SDZ%20Zoning%20Framework.pdf

Thx,
    Kay

Today I received an email from the sherryfitz asking me for a list of requests I had for the house to forward to the builder.
    I'm going to imagine that most of them will be shot down but I'm crossing my fingers as they have reached out to me to ask what my requests were.

I'm not sure if anyone cares but below were the requests and I'll let you know what the response is when it comes in.
    • Not to fit floor tiles/allowance/fit supplied tiles.
    • Additional light fitting request.
    • Change of kitchen countertop
    • Fitting Cat6 cabling
    Central block will be 5 the other two to the side will be 4. Here is the elevation view from the plans, seems OKish to me.

Actually that doesn't look so bad
    Thanks for your reply.

I found one more map from the council, which says indicative Class 2 public space.

fingalcoco.ie/media/2.4.3.A.14.5%20SDZ%20Zoning%20Framework.pdf

Thx,
    Kay

I've seen that village green area but this map really shows how bit it will be.

PS you took 16 the avenue or the lawn?

PS you took 16 the avenue or the lawn?
    They took 16 The Avenue.

They took 16 The Avenue.
    yes, 16 the avenue

yes, 16 the avenue

Ahh thought we were neighbours for a moment.

Ahh thought we were neighbours for a moment.

Anyways, it is not too far from the lawn.

Update today from the SF expected completion of the house May 17,
    (whats the story here for anyone who's not a first time buyer) my mortgage application expires after 6 months and the ETA on handover is 7 months?

In regards to my requests with the builder
    • Not to fit floor tiles/allowance/fit supplied tiles. TBC
    • Additional light fitting request. DECLINED
    • Change of kitchen countertop TBC
    • Fitting Cat6 cabling TBC

Also in relation to the fitted wardrobe in the B4 house type that has a radiator where the wardrobe should be their response today was "The wardrobes will be fitted as per floor plans"

Finally if anyone was interested the blank sockets in the bedrooms can only be utalised for power.
    Anyways, it is not too far from the lawn.
    I'm 8 the Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hw1234

Looks like this will be another week of no news on houses for The Lawn. Losing my will here! Our solicitor still hasn't received contracts back from builders yet..... I think we may aswell forget about keys for December :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nucflash

Looks like this will be another week of no news on houses for The Lawn. Losing my will here! Our solicitor still hasn't received contracts back from builders yet..... I think we may aswell forget about keys for December :(

Same with me. Would love to get the keys in Dec but its getting very close now so Jan would be more likely :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

These delays are ridiculous and people are being messed around I think..

Advertisement