Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TT bike - suggestions

Options
  • 17-09-2016 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Over the next few months I will be looking to pick up a new TT bike, hopefully taking advantage of some end of season bargains.

In terms of standard I'm very much middle of the pack and while I have a lot of progress to make on the bike full stop, I do want to be up and running on a TT bike early next year.

My budget will be €2000 - €3000. It will probably have to be B&M as I wouldn't have a clue how to build one bought online. So I either go closer to €2000 plus some decent wheels or closer to €3000 and go with whatever wheels are standard.

What (& where) are my options? Beyond an Argon 18 E-112 or a Planet X of some sort I'm stumped.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Giant and Fuji have an options also, neither were for me.

I went for the Exo3, first impressions are very good but haven't any real miles yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Best bang for your buck at that budget is to go second hand imo. There are great bargains to be picked up from people who bought new and barely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Canyon would be a good option.

I'd be looking at the secondhand market though for the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

would people be comfortable buying carbon 2nd hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

shansey wrote: »
    would people be comfortable buying carbon 2nd hand?

No reason not to be as long as you are careful. If you are buying off a private individual (i.e. no warranty), be extra careful and inspect the frame fully. You can never be absolutely sure about anything but there will be small tell tale signs as to whether a bike has been crashed or not. I looked at a few the last time around and you can tell very quickly whether a bike has been properly minded and maintained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers for the feedback. I've seen a few pop up online but not sure I would be confident enough to spot if there were issues with them or not. Are there decent websites for second hand bikes besides Donedeal etc?

Exo 3 is nice but outside of my price range new. Looks like lots of Canyon options.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

TheBazman wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback. I've seen a few pop up online but not sure I would be confident enough to spot if there were issues with them or not. Are there decent websites for second hand bikes besides Donedeal etc?

Exo 3 is nice but outside of my price range new. Looks like lots of Canyon options.

this is a uk based forum, they have quite a few tt bikes for sale on it though
    http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showforum=116

Advertisement