Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 router keeps dropping connection. BB and TV don't work as a result!

Options
  • 17-09-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

I am having a frustrating time with my Eir F2000 modem ever since I got it. It has been dropping the connection every few minutes according to the router log. As a result my Eir TV package keeps freezing and is un-useable also as it relies on the internet connection to get its information from Eir.

I am originally a UPC/Virgin customer and I was about to switch off Virgin but I am forced to keep their broadband services for longer now as I need internet for work. Hence, I am unfairly paying twice for broadband... but at least the Virgin one works!!

This is really bad form from Eir and is borderline class-action lawsuit IMHO. I can't cancel as the guy on the phone says that I'm under contract - but a contract works both ways and Eir are not upholding their side of the contract! I am paying them for a BB and TV package that does not work because of your shoddy hardware / bad QA services.

From the logs of my router I can see that before I received my router, it it was last accessed in 2010, likely in the Huawei factory!!! Does Eir not even bother to test out the hardware you send to customers to prevent issues like this from happening?

In my desperation I even tried flashing a non-Eir firmware onto it and reloading by settings backup onto the router. This of course did not work, and I have also added to this additional thread asking for a copy of the latest Eir firmware so that I can re-flash my router to Eirs standards again.

Seriously Eir, this is a really bad first impression and I would definitely hesitate to recommend you too a friend/colleague in the future over this issue. I know I am not the first person who has had this issue (or the last!) so please give me a better reply than the stock "please ring us on 1890 XXXXXXXX". I dont want to be on hold  only to be told to try a bunch of things that I have already tried myself.

I am seriously considering going back to Virgin and cancelling my DD with Eir regardless of the contract at this point.

Angrily yours, and writing this from a WORKING internet provided (Virgin),
    -DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like a sync issue, the 659b isnt known to be unstable fw/routing wise.

The 2010 log is purely the devices base date. They didnt exist in 2010 so it cannot be that old. 
    Process:
    Boot
    Log date as is (2010)
    Connect
    Contact NTP server, get correct time/date
    Start logging as 2016

Post your line stats if you want help from fellow boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

drumdrum wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having a frustrating time with my Eir F2000 modem ever since I got it. It has been dropping the connection every few minutes according to the router log. As a result my Eir TV package keeps freezing and is un-useable also as it relies on the internet connection to get its information from Eir.

I am originally a UPC/Virgin customer and I was about to switch off Virgin but I am forced to keep their broadband services for longer now as I need internet for work. Hence, I am unfairly paying twice for broadband... but at least the Virgin one works!!

This is really bad form from Eir and is borderline class-action lawsuit IMHO. I can't cancel as the guy on the phone says that I'm under contract - but a contract works both ways and Eir are not upholding their side of the contract! I am paying them for a BB and TV package that does not work because of your shoddy hardware / bad QA services.

From the logs of my router I can see that before I received my router, it it was last accessed in 2010, likely in the Huawei factory!!! Does Eir not even bother to test out the hardware you send to customers to prevent issues like this from happening?

In my desperation I even tried flashing a non-Eir firmware onto it and reloading by settings backup onto the router. This of course did not work, and I have also added to this additional thread asking for a copy of the latest Eir firmware so that I can re-flash my router to Eirs standards again.

Seriously Eir, this is a really bad first impression and I would definitely hesitate to recommend you too a friend/colleague in the future over this issue. I know I am not the first person who has had this issue (or the last!) so please give me a better reply than the stock "please ring us on 1890 XXXXXXXX". I dont want to be on hold  only to be told to try a bunch of things that I have already tried myself.

I am seriously considering going back to Virgin and cancelling my DD with Eir regardless of the contract at this point.

Angrily yours, and writing this from a WORKING internet provided (Virgin),
    -DD
    Hi DD, 

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear off your customer journey with eir so far. I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide. I will be sure to relay this feedback onto the relevant department. 

I am afraid this is not our area of expertise and I would recommend you contact our technical support team directly on 1901 and the guys will troubleshoot these issues for you. 

I am very sorry I could not be a further assist on this for you today. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara 

Advertisement