Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish to use ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v3 as wired repeater

Options
  • 17-09-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a TP Link MR3420 as my main router in the attic tlin order to receive 4g signal and thus signal downstairs suffers in kitchen. I have an existing ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 v3 I dont use and from my research so far, it seems capable of relaying wireless signal once its connected to tp link by cable. Ive tried all online guides so far but with no luck. Dont know where I am going wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You've posted in multiple threads (such as http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057250334 ) but as this is your own its probably most suitable.

What have you tried?

In brief:
    -Nothing connected to ADSL port
    -LAN to LAN connection via ethernet
    -IP Addresses NOT Conflicting (They default to .1.1 and .1.254 so should be OK)
    -DHCP off on Zyxel
    -Wireless channels NOT overlapping (if MR3420 is Ch2 then P660 shouldnt be CH1 or CH3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

ED E wrote: »
    You've posted in multiple threads (such as http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057250334 ) but as this is your own its probably most suitable.

What have you tried?

In brief:
    -Nothing connected to ADSL port
    -LAN to LAN connection via ethernet
    -IP Addresses NOT Conflicting (They default to .1.1 and .1.254 so should be OK)
    -DHCP off on Zyxel
    -Wireless channels NOT overlapping (if MR3420 is Ch2 then P660 shouldnt be CH1 or CH3)

Apologies, had a few drinks over the weekend whilst posting haha, forgot my previous posts. I got it working in the end, found an existing thread on the issue after. I put zyxel into bridge mode aswell and seemed to work, didnt change ssid on secondary router, logged in and had internet.Once I change ssid, password etc to the same as primary router though im not sure which network im on then as they are pretty close together at the mo as I wait for a 30ft ethernet to run downstairs.

Advertisement