Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 issues

Options
  • 17-09-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I just got my iPhone 7 yesterday and I set it up this morning.

It's been a little glitchy with some small periods of freezing and apps shutting down. This evening it froze for about 5 minutes before coming back.

Is this possibly related to the iOS 10 issues? Any one else experiencing the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

dudara wrote: »
    I just got my iPhone 7 yesterday and I set it up this morning.

It's been a little glitchy with some small periods of freezing and apps shutting down. This evening it froze for about 5 minutes before coming back.

Is this possibly related to the iOS 10 issues? Any one else experiencing the same?

I would say it is iOS 10, i had same issue on my 6s plus when i installed dev beta, as lots of stuff are new from iOS 9, photo memories, indexing going in background etc.
    Give it a few hours and also i disable send logs to apple option.

iOs 10 public release is not stable at all, beta 7 was much better than GM, battery issue etc which i hope will get fixed in next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just as an FYI for anyone needing to reboot the iPhone 7 if it freezes etc. Press and hold the lock button and volume down until an apple appears on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just an update - the phone is behaving perfectly now. It just seemed to be that first day, which makes sense if the OS was indexing etc. Relieved!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm having issues with iMessege between two phones. Weird issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

kceire wrote: »
    I'm having issues with iMessege between two phones. Weird issue.

I noticed after I installed iOS 10 GM that it turned off forwarding to both other devices..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Guys, would you be so good as to try replicate an issue that I believe carries over from the 6S / 6S plus to the 7 when you get a few minutes ?

Close all background apps (double tap home pad/button and swipe up all dormant apps). Now open the stock camera app. It should be immediate. Then just tap home to put it into the background. Now......
    On the dialler, hit the voicemail call and hang up after 2-3 secs. Repeat the VM call approx 10 times. Following the last hangup in the sequence, return to home screen. Now tap the camera app. Do you see a noticeable delay before the app becomes useable ?

Similar to what you can see here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm experiencing screen freeze on an iPhone 6 after updating to ios10. I persume that there will be an update

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ted1 wrote: »
    I'm experiencing screen freeze on an iPhone 6 after updating to ios10. I persume that there will be an update

Have you updated to 10.0.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kceire wrote: »
    Have you updated to 10.0.1?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ger6219

Poor sound iPhone 7

I changed my iPhone 5 for a iPhone 7 (Vodafone) and quickly got complaints from other people that they can't hear me very well. My voice sounds muffled, fading in and out. I never had that problem with my other phone, so I went back to the shop after a few days and fortunately they changed it for a new one. However, the second iPhone 7 seems to have the same problem. When I Googled this problem, it turns out that many people have been complaining about the same problem, all over the world, so much so that Apple mentions it on their own websites: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7668964?start=450&tstart=0
    and https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT203792 Do many other people in Ireland have/had the same problem and what did they do? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

The only issue I have with the 7 is occasional screen freezes. Often happens when it auto-dims after no activity for a minute or so. Hitting power to lock, then unlocking releases it. Is this a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Ger6219 wrote: »
    Poor sound iPhone 7

I changed my iPhone 5 for a iPhone 7 (Vodafone) and quickly got complaints from other people that they can't hear me very well. My voice sounds muffled, fading in and out. I never had that problem with my other phone, so I went back to the shop after a few days and fortunately they changed it for a new one. However, the second iPhone 7 seems to have the same problem. When I Googled this problem, it turns out that many people have been complaining about the same problem, all over the world, so much so that Apple mentions it on their own websites: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7668964?start=450&tstart=0
    and https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT203792 Do many other people in Ireland have/had the same problem and what did they do? Thanks.

I have this exact issue. SIM replacements, backup and resets and even returns to apple have failed to get a solution. I carry an old phone in the gearbag for when I really need to make an important call and swap the SIMs over. Works fine over bluetooth or via the headphones but they are not always an option to use.

Advertisement