Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat problem

• 17-09-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all.I have just replaced the second brake caliper on my 07 passat and for some reason it is not releasing fully.it is not stuck on,just squeezing enough to make wheel rim get hot.caliper bought from main dealer.any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

probably a faulty handbrake switch that is the problem, very popular on the Passats. Park Motors should have them in stock, got one there recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭stevep1018

probably a faulty handbrake switch that is the problem, very popular on the Passats. Park Motors should have them in stock, got one there recently

I suppose it's worth a try.thanks.didn't think of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

any other issues when you driving/braking?

robtri wrote: »
    any other issues when you driving/braking?

The wheel rim just gets very hot on occasions.nothing else is strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Check the flexi hose isn't collapsed internally.

• Advertisement

Turns out my break caliper issue was mechanics boo boo.he had it programed to hold too tightly thus not releasing enough.expensive boo boo I might add

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

stevep1018 wrote: »
    Turns out my break caliper issue was mechanics boo boo.he had it programed to hold too tightly thus not releasing enough.expensive boo boo I might add

Most likely when he changed the callipers he didnt pull it back on the computer but rather turned off the hand brake. popped off the callipers , swapped the pads across and tapped it back on again.

Advertisement