Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford v Manchester United 18/9/16 k/o 12.00 BT.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    14 years since Mourinhio lost 3 in a row

Wait, so this is actually worse than last season when he got sacked because all the players hated him and results were really, really shiite?

Ow, that'd be a worry.

Maybe they need to blast literally hundreds of millions of quid on new players?

Oh, wait, they tried that. (A few times by now).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    The same fans who cries whenever someone posts in their match thread posts absolute garbage here. Lack of self awareness is so obvious.

Unfortunately it is a fact of life in here. It is mostly utd/Liverpool back and forth but with some involvement from others. It generally annoys me too but mostly I try to ignore it when it annoys me, and not join in too much when I'm enjoying it (like today).

Largely harmless overall, but given emotions are running high at times when it is at it's worst it can cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    7483f80f1b552b9a6d601b2a6f13d10d22d1177d0bc48f5852452605ccaea556.jpg

Coming from you,Mick? Hahaha. Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

The same fans who cries whenever someone posts in their match thread posts absolute garbage here. Lack of self awareness is so obvious.

Lack of self awareness alright.

Will Mourinhio have the balls to guts the underperforming big players for Leicester?

Needs to change something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Thought it was 14 years since he last lost 3 in a week? Did he not lose 3 in a row at some point last year?

I must use these match threads more often, they brighten up ****ty days :) Gives you a real school yard nostalgia feeling, all the little fellas showing off their best "bantz"

Enjoyed it, which is more then I can say for the game itself obviously.

Coming from guy with a school yard "bantz" signature targeting a Boards.ie admin. Good one Strings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Most match threads are the same guys, rival fans are going to gloat on a soccer forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

K-9 wrote: »
    Most match threads are the same guys, rival fans are going to gloat on a soccer forum.

Makes informative great and interesting reading!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Burial. wrote: »
    Coming from guy with a school yard "bantz" signature targeting a Boards.ie admin. Good one Strings.

You don't read so good I feel?

Allow me to clarify.

1. I found a lot of the jibes in this thread amusing, genuinely. Some are stupid of course, but some are actually funny and what else are you going to do but laugh? Especially when the team is playing ****e.

2. My sig is not anything toward an admin, it is a warning from an admin, who changed what I had in my sig.

3. Sorry you misunderstood, hope that helped?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

5starpool wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is a fact of life in here. It is mostly utd/Liverpool back and forth but with some involvement from others. It generally annoys me too but mostly I try to ignore it when it annoys me, and not join in too much when I'm enjoying it (like today).

Largely harmless overall, but given emotions are running high at times when it is at it's worst it can cause problems.

I usually avoid match day threads not only United's but all the match day threads. Just that irony is missed out on many it's laughable.

I agree it's harmless, rather contained in various match threads than creeping it's way to superthreads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

K-9 wrote: »

That I don't mind, it's things like this
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    And that's what happens when you try to park the bus away at Watford. Well done Mourinho

A lot of things were wrong in this game but United in no way parked the bus. Shows that he didn't even watch and is just looking for the rise.

The worst one for it actually admitted that he didn't watch it earlier and yet is doing his usual thanking everything and odious comments shtick.

I actually don't mind the jesting comments but it's the people like this that drive me up the wall. Keeping up to date on scores without watching just to wind people up in here.

All you should really do though is laugh at those people, for me they lighten the mood and take me out of the gloom of the match itself but if you are not able to stop that getting under your skin then match threads are probably best left alone?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I usually avoid match day threads not only United's but all the match day threads. Just that irony is missed out on many it's laughable.

I agree it's harmless, rather contained in various match threads than creeping it's way to superthreads.

What always makes me wonder is when I see these kinds of people talking about taking the wife and kids to do things and the likes. I always presume they're just young lads, teenagers and the likes, trying to be cool. Then I see that they're actually adults with real lives but on the Internet they turn into mouth breathers engaged in some kind of tit for tat war between two teams a few hundred miles from where they live. It's actually laughably cringey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All you should really do though is laugh at those people, for me they lighten the mood and take me out of the gloom of the match itself but if you are not able to stop that getting under your skin then match threads are probably best left alone?

It's all just a laugh really. The best part at being on the United side over Liverpool is that there is always more times to laugh at them throughout the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness losing to Watford is going happen a lot to the top teams. For the last 3 years or so the league is getting far more competitive so these results are going happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Rival fans engaging in winding up other fans after a comprehensive defeat to Watford? What next!!!

Long and short of it is United haven't been at a United level since Ferguson left. Just because they bought Pogba and Ibra doesn't mean they can just turn it on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness losing to Watford is going happen a lot to the top teams. For the last 3 years or so the league is getting far more competitive so these results are going happen.

This. The middle / lower class clubs have bridged the gap somewhat to the better clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Anybody commenting on the petty digs from opposition supporters are obviously bothered by them. I mean you wouldn't even mention them if the comments didn't get under your skin to some degree. And I would say being bothered by comments random people you don't know make about "your" team on an internet forum is more pitiful than the comments themselves.

What always makes me wonder is when I see these kinds of people talking about taking the wife and kids to do things and the likes. I always presume they're just young lads, teenagers and the likes, trying to be cool. Then I see that they're actually adults with real lives but on the Internet they turn into mouth breathers engaged in some kind of tit for tat war between two teams a few hundred miles from where they live. It's actually laughably cringey.

Your reading way too much into it man, it's only a few comments of a forum. You make it sound like it's some kind of real horrible hatred.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Your reading way too much into it man, it's only a few comments of a forum. You make it sound like it's some kind of real horrible hatred.

It's clearly not some kind of real hatred, I literally say as much in my post. It's tit for tat trolling from grown ups who should know better by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's clearly not some kind of real hatred, I literally say as much in my post. It's tit for tat trolling from grown ups who should know better by now.

Nah, It's tits and twats both Liverpool and Utd supporters very guilty.

Your probably right but it's gone to the stage where even genuine negative comments are taken up as trolling. A lot of fans do not take negativity well unless it's from fellow fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

As I said it's grand when someone has watched the match and is commenting as such, I don't mind anyone saying something then but to not watch the match and your only contribution is shíte talk then it eventually gets a rise and someone who is actually a useful member of the forum gets a ban because of these guys.

Nah, It's tits and twats both Liverpool and Utd supporters very guilty.

I believe the biggest tit in this thread was a City fan though

Milkers wrote: »
    Anybody commenting on the petty digs from opposition supporters are obviously bothered by them. I mean you wouldn't even mention them if the comments didn't get under your skin to some degree. And I would say being bothered by comments random people you don't know make about "your" team on an internet forum is more pitiful than the comments themselves.

And I'd argue that commenting on those that are commenting on those who make petty digs on internet forums is even more pitiful. Where are we going with this again?

I'd just like to be able to discuss the match without the decent posts being drowned out by "Ur team parkd de bus" "no ur team duz and ur manager is a smelly" nonsense. It's incredibly cringe worthy.

• Advertisement

It's hardly a war, sweet jaysus.

Rival fans will always enjoy their rivals losing. Mourinhio is disliked across the board so watching him losing is funny for rival fans too.

Only for match threads superthreads would be unreadable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd just like to be able to discuss the match without the decent posts being drowned out by "Ur team parkd de bus" "no ur team duz and ur manager is a smelly" nonsense. It's incredibly cringe worthy.

Happens all the time though unfortunately......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's Giggs up to these day's he might be in line to a quick return to utd.

It's important that we don't allow all the posts about people winding people up etc overshadow the result IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can hear this song playing out this thread...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement