Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college.

Options
  • 17-09-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, I was talking with a few people today and they informed me that if I went to college and got a degree, then went on to do teaching I would be qualified as a teacher? Can anyone elaborate or help me to get more of an insight.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Louisebxx wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was talking with a few people today and they informed me that if I went to college and got a degree, then went on to do teaching I would be qualified as a teacher? Can anyone elaborate or help me to get more of an insight.
    Thanks a million.

Yes if you go back to college, you can be anything you want to be. To become a teacher you have a few options. If you are going to do primary, you go to the primary teacher training colleges like Mary I, Marino etc. To teach in primary, you need at least a C3 in HL Leaving Cert.

If you want to teach secondary, you do a degree programme in whatever you want to study which takes four years. You then apply for a two year masters to train as a teacher. I would suggest languages (Irish esp.), home economics and maths as good teaching subjects. Stay away from English/History/Business Studies as the market is flooded with teachers of these subjects.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions - post away.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

You just need to collect crisp packets!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louisebxx

You just need to collect crisp packets!

Sorry what's that meant to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

Maybe you should focus on the other user who actually gave you helpful information?

There's also the option of applying as a mature student if you're over 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Re-read your op :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement