Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity furniture shop

Options
  • 17-09-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any charity or thrift shops around cork that sell furniture? I'm looking for a desk or a table for a flat I just moved into but I'm on a tight budget. In Galway there is a section of the Vincent De Paul shop that sells furniture for good prices, just wondering if there is anything similar in Cork? I've looked around some of the charity shops in the city centre but they only seem to have clothes and small items.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rolllo wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of any charity or thrift shops around cork that sell furniture? I'm looking for a desk or a table for a flat I just moved into but I'm on a tight budget. In Galway there is a section of the Vincent De Paul shop that sells furniture for good prices, just wondering if there is anything similar in Cork? I've looked around some of the charity shops in the city centre but they only seem to have clothes and small items.

Cork city furniture page on Facebook you will get your bargins on that ans will have loads of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There is a SVDP shop that sells larger items at the top of Gerald Griffin Street, by the North Cathedral that sells larger items.

Also a second hand furniture place opposite the South Infirmary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

There's a place on the corner of Anderson's Quay as well, not sure who runs it or what it's like but it's opposite the bus station and has a fair bit of furniture in the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I think the St VDP furniture place in town closed down, the one at the top of the coal quay. Was a shame as it was great but a bakes to pick anything up from as parking was cronic..

There is a great second hand place on centre park road that might have soemthing for you, that or the place across from South Infirmary.. Could try Mother Jones flea market (a little pricey pending what you are gettinig)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll check them out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement