Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds in my garden

Options
  • 18-09-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I've recently cleaned my garden I spent hours pulling weeds and power washing the drive but weeds are starting to show up already. Has anyone any advice on how to kill these off altogether?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Weed killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Weeds are plants in the wrong place. A plant will grow wherever the conditions are right for it. You can either choose a plant you like, or deploy some barrier, either physical or chemical.

I try to plant something I like where there is a gap... so in paving, I chucked loads of ground cover thyme seeds, so when I walk on it, I get the lovely smell, and a small flower in the summer.
    I don't have gaps between plants (because that's a space for a weed), I've got more plants.

Is your garden entirely paved?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

Yes it's all cobble lock the weeds keep coming up. I've put weed killer on them but they always come back up

Weedkiller, then re-sand and seal it.

Where will I get the sealer? Have you used it before? Does it work?

• Advertisement

Haven't used it but there's another thread discussing it on this forum at the moment.

No problem thanks a lot I'll check it out

Advertisement