Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will a sky q box give a better hd pic than old sky + hd box?

• 18-09-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭

as per title, does anyone know if a sky q box gives a better hd than old hd boxes?

and what is the best version of the sky hd boxes at present?

I have an amstrad drx890.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its does have 1080P so if sky a broadcasting in that format I would presume so .

The DRX890 on does 1080i ,

I will look tonight to see if notice much of a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

I know sky broadcasts in 1080i but I think the q box uspscales in 1080p, not sure of that. Wait for your report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

No it will not....have checked and in my opinion it looks worse not better...but thats just my opinion.

However Menus look smoother and work better once you get the hang of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I find the HD picture better on my tv , although I have it set to 4K res.

Advertisement