Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue bottles 😫😷

Options
  • 18-09-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Please help. I went into my sitting room this morning and found about 20 dying blue bottles on the floor.
    I have a kitchenette so the bin was close by. The floor the were on is beside the huge balcony door and window. All my windows and doors were locked.
    I'm freaked out because they weren't there last night when I was going to bed.
    Help!!! I've lived in the apartment 3 years and this has never happened. My home is always clean. I don't know what attracted them except maybe the bin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sounds like they hatched overnight. The eggs would usually have been laid in roaring meat. Dead bird or mouse around? Attic perhaps?

Get a fly spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JmcSal

Sounds like they hatched overnight. The eggs would usually have been laid in roaring meat. Dead bird or mouse around? Attic perhaps?

Get a fly spray.

Thanks, after talking to my friends they said the same maybe a dead mouse. Is there any way to find out? There's no foul smell.
    Since I posted this about another 7/8 live ones have appeared out of nowhere on the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you have a chimney? I saw a situation where a bird had fallen down a chimney, behind a gas fire, and after a few random flies the gas fire was moved and it was like a horror film!

Advertisement