Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early end to contract

Options
  • 18-09-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭

Hello. We have had problems with Eir TV since the installation. We have 5 months left on the contract. What would be the penalty to leave early?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Bit of advise . I would try and get out with the price increase . I had noting but trouble with the eir box going down . On average twice a week . They kept asking me to contact technical support which took an hour of my time . This went on for months. I asked the same question as you about ceasing contract . and kept getting a contact technical support response. There really awful I'm so glad I ditched them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

castle2012 wrote: »
    Bit of advise . I would try and get out with the price increase . I had noting but trouble with the eir box going down . On average twice a week . They kept asking me to contact technical support which took an hour of my time . This went on for months. I asked the same question as you about ceasing contract . and kept getting a contact technical support response. There really awful I'm so glad I ditched them

By "price increase" do you mean just pay the penalty and be done with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

By "price increase" do you mean just pay the penalty and be done with it?

A letter went to most customers notifying of a price increase. Once you get the letter you have 30 days to switch providers or cancel . It s the easiest way of getting out of your contract . There's loads of posts about it over on bargain alerts . Hope that helps you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hello. We have had problems with Eir TV since the installation. We have 5 months left on the contract. What would be the penalty to leave early?
    Hi Spon Farmer, 

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this :( 

Have you contacted our technical support team to try and troubleshoot these issues? 

If you haven't I would recommend you contact them directly on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901 and they will be happy to assist you. 

Unfortunately, we cannot advise off early cancellations fees via this channel. You will need to contact our cancellations team directly on 1901 (option 4) and the guys will check this out for you. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Advertisement