Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powdery mildew

Options
  • 18-09-2016 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I bought a sage plant during the summer that turned out to have powdery mildew. I got rid of it as soon as I realised but as I was trimming the rest of my herbs yesterday, it looks like it may have spread. Is there anything yo be done for them or are they for the bin? My thyme and oregano are three years old at this stage, I'd be gutted to lose them.

Various online sources give conflicting advice on whether it can be successfully treated so I said I'd ask here to see if anyone has had any experience?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Spray with a fungicide, or look up an organic alternative like baking soda if you prefer, it won't kill them but needs shifting. Pick up every infected leaf that falls and dispose of them properly.

Advertisement