Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNA - Work Experience.

Options
  • 18-09-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello There,
    So basically I am looking for advice as I am currently starting my college course in Special Needs and I have to go through some work-experience in either a Primary or Secondary school.
    Does anyone have an idea of what the best way to go about this would be?
    Maybe writing a letter to various principals? Ringing around schools? or actually physically going into the schools?
    Thanks very much in advance!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

jamie124 wrote: »
    Hello There,
    So basically I am looking for advice as I am currently starting my college course in Special Needs and I have to go through some work-experience in either a Primary or Secondary school.
    Does anyone have an idea of what the best way to go about this would be?
    Maybe writing a letter to various principals? Ringing around schools? or actually physically going into the schools?
    Thanks very much in advance!.

I would personally call into schools. Ask to speak to principal - say that you can wait or come back at a better time. Have some detail about your course i.e. dates/duties etc. Also check out what you need with relation to Garda Vetting- are you vetted through your course or will you have do it again for the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭jamie124

So I have started my W.E. on Monday and it is going okay... not brilliant but okay... I have a LOT to learn.
    I am shadowing an SNA and working with various children with special needs in a classroom.
    It is in a primary school but I was wondering about the difference of being an SNA in a primary and secondary school... Is there much that is different?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Depends on student, you could be SNA to high functioning child doing higher level leaving cert subjects or care needs on a big teenager. Plus you have lots more teachers rotating to students..

Advertisement