Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Nobody here or anywhere can predict what way the prices will go. Everyone has an opinion but that doesn't say they're right. If you're reading other people's opinions online you'd want to be very wary of who they are and what their agenda is. On both sides of the fence.

Calling the bottom of any market is an inexact science. I know, for example, that I could've bought a house like mine on the same estate for 20k less a few years ago. But I'm at peace with what I bought and what I paid. The mortgage is affordable and costs less than renting. It ticks most of the boxes I had in mind when shopping around.

What is it that you want? You sound very unsure - and suggestable. How about you and your other half sit down and make a list of what it is you'd like in a home. Work out what you can afford to pay. Get mortgage approval and find out what you can borrow. Then look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

What we want is a nice 3 bedroom house with back garden and parking place. Our max budget is 140K. However, there are few major hurdles on the way, main being my job which involves rotating to different place every 1 or 2 years and i am not sure if i would be able to continue working in Limerick. And we were thinking that if we do have to move we would give out the house on rent like our colleagues but again everyone has a different background..
    So we are gathering further information whether it's feasible to rent out the property.
    Nobody here or anywhere can predict what way the prices will go. Everyone has an opinion but that doesn't say they're right. If you're reading other people's opinions online you'd want to be very wary of who they are and what their agenda is. On both sides of the fence.

Calling the bottom of any market is an inexact science. I know, for example, that I could've bought a house like mine on the same estate for 20k less a few years ago. But I'm at peace with what I bought and what I paid. The mortgage is affordable and costs less than renting. It ticks most of the boxes I had in mind when shopping around.

What is it that you want? You sound very unsure - and suggestable. How about you and your other half sit down and make a list of what it is you'd like in a home. Work out what you can afford to pay. Get mortgage approval and find out what you can borrow. Then look around.

Advertisement