Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Wireless Headphones - 150

Options
  • 18-09-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I'm looking for a good pair of wireless headphones preferably ones I can buy in a brick and mortar store have 150 euro to spend maybe a but more. Any recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Not seen them in shops but i have a pair of the Skullcandy Grind Wireless. Absolutely amazing quality that would equal anything double their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have Jaybird X2... Apparently the best wireless in ear headphone... they are good, but lack base on any discernible level. I'd increase your budget and go for Sennheiser Momentums.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I have Jaybird X2... Apparently the best wireless in ear headphone... they are good, but lack base on any discernible level. I'd increase your budget and go for Sennheiser Momentums.

Amazing bass in the Skullcandy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Bluefoam wrote:

The wireless momentums?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Very few headphones beat Seinnheiser on sound quality. In my opinion wireless headphones are not worth the price I would love to be completely wireless as I use different headphones everyday making music. Wireless headphones are pointless when you have to charge them for 2 hours just to get 6-8 hours of use out of them before they need to be charged again and over time the battery degrades if you use them a lot. If your use is for the commute to work or whatever wireless will probably get maybe 12 hours of use a week. Just my two cents you are better of with the wire.

You could also get a Bluetooth receiver for a wired set of headphones and get the benefit of having wireless and the wire when the Bluetooth battery dies 10 minutes into the journey. https://www.amazon.co.uk/VBR-001-S-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver-Microphone/dp/B00ENWETYY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1474301744&sr=8-7&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+headphones.
    I Used something similar a couple of years ago when going the gym the wire doesn't get in the way. If its an over ear type of headphones you want you could get a pair that you can connect the wire into and just buy a short wire. The added benefit of the Bluetooth receiver being able to replace the headphones or the receiver if either get damaged or break.

• Advertisement

The Skullcandy Grind Wireless also have a 3.5mm headphone jack with supplied cable if they run out of juice on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Any decent set of wireless headphones will include a 3.5mm cable for when the battery runs out.

What sort of headphones, in-ear, on-ear, full size over-ear?

You can get the AKG Y45BT on-ear cans from richersounds.ie for €99.99 delivered, which is good value, or step up to the Y50BT for another 70 quid.

guerito wrote:
    What sort of headphones, in-ear, on-ear, full size over-ear?

On Ear or over ear not too fussy

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Have a pair of Skullcandy Uproar on ear myself that I use at work, for €58 they were well worth it.

On ear will block out outside sounds better than over ear. Over ear are usually open backed which will let more sound escape for others to hear and will usually work both ways and let outside sounds in. On ear are usually closed back not allowing sound to escape or enter and because the cushions are around the circumference of your ear they will be generally louder than open backed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

im selling jaybird js4 freedoms

used like 10 times

im selling jaybird js4 freedoms

Js4?

Js4?

5227800_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Are they different to normal freedoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

On ear will block out outside sounds better than over ear. Over ear are usually open backed which will let more sound escape for others to hear and will usually work both ways and let outside sounds in. On ear are usually closed back not allowing sound to escape or enter and because the cushions are around the circumference of your ear they will be generally louder than open backed.

The opposite of this. Open backed and wireless don't go together, and deffo not at 150 quid. Over ear at this price will give much better isolation than on ear.

The AKGs are good, also Marshall Major II Wireless are 99 on Amazon.de at the moment. They're all fun sounding headphones.

No experience of wireless in ears so can't help there. Sony, Sennheiser and Phillips will all do wireless over ears within your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

5227800_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

no diff

Advertisement