Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about Firewire

Options
  • 18-09-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Can't find an answer to this anywhere:

Is it possible to find a Windows PC with a 6 pin Firewire connection? I know these are mostly found on older Macs but I'd like to know if they were ever installed on Windows PCs. I know many came with 4 pin Firewire connections.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

zipzoc wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Can't find an answer to this anywhere:

Is it possible to find a Windows PC with a 6 pin Firewire connection? I know these are mostly found on older Macs but I'd like to know if they were ever installed on Windows PCs. I know many came with 4 pin Firewire connections.

Thank you.

I no longer have it, but I'm pretty certain that an old Dell Dimension that I had was fitted with a 6 pin firewire. I used it for connecting an old camcorder to transfer video. It was on a separate PCI card - but it came from Dell that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

You can get usb to 6 pin firewire adapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭blackbox

...you certainly used to be able to get firewire cards for PCs.

Advertisement