Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm too distracted to be able to put in any sort of coherent post re the match.

Anyway, we should win!!!

COYBIB!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oooooh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

believe it when see it!!

but, yeah, Andrews for Flynn looks likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

believe it when see it!!

but, yeah, Andrews for Flynn looks likely

Could be Andrews for MDMA as well

• Advertisement

Dark and rolling skies over north dublin lads..shes gonna bucket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Great line from Joe Brolly there.

"As any lad in Coppers will tell you there's a big difference between a touch and a score!"

I hope him and spillane don't pay script writers for their banter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Would this tie be deemed a battle between farmers and city boys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Fitzsimons, Andrews and Mannion in for Byrne, MDMA and Brogan. Bold calls but as a Dub I'm happy if I'm honest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

O Connor starting alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

2 ultra competitive team, 2 passionate sets of fans. May the best shower win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Best of luck to Mayo today, but UP THE DUBS! Looking forward to a good match, I hope Brogan proves the pundits wrong and shows he's not beyond it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Best of luck to Mayo today, but UP THE DUBS! Looking forward to a good match, I hope Brogan proves the pundits wrong and shows he's not beyond it.

If and when he gets on

ues.

Wonder if he would dare drop Brogan. I still think he has so much left but he seems to be lacking the usual confidence and panache and a bit less pressure in coming on in second half for Andrews may kickstart him.

Not saying he is necessarily playing bad, but we all know there is a lot more in him.

called it

called it

We'll set it off against your thoughts on the Hennelly starting rumours :)
    strong rumours they are merely rumours based on nothing. They started last night by some Meath fans twitter a/c from what I can see when I followed the timeline.

Enjoy the game :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Could be a good move having Brogan on the bench, I'm sure he'll be eager to come on and prove a point in the second half and they aren't losing much considering he's had a quiet year up to now.

Hennelly starting indicates that Cillian O'Connor may not last the full game and they'll need him for the frees if Cillian O'Connor has to go off.

Ialways expected Brogan to be dropped. Gavin talks about the group etc and guys can't play a few games poorly and retain their places in that philosophy. Thought Flynn would be gone too to be honest

Peist2007 wrote: »
    We'll set it off against your thoughts on the Hennelly starting rumours :)

Enjoy the game :cool:

? I merely said where they emanated from was hardly the most reliable source last night! I could scarcely believe it, like most.

Andrews for Brogan seemed quite likely to me!

? I merely said where they emanated from was hardly the most reliable source last night! I could scarcely believe it, like most.

Andrews for Brogan seemed quite likely to me!

True in fairness re Hennelly. I think it is a crazy decision

• Advertisement

Bulldogs bridged a 62 year gap in the Australian Rules Grand Final this morning, can Mayo do it? I do think Dublin will come out with huge intensity, more room for improvement for Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

82,000 at Croker and to put that into perspective, it's 82,000 more than <insert english soccer stadium>.

Paul Flynn looks in trouble after that tangle with Keegan - both seem okay now

Deegan leaving a lot go already - couple of players on both sides had head high tackles

Great score by Rock

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dublin get their first score from play 30 mins earlier this week

They aren't as bad this week

F'kin Hennelly. One thing that he was brought in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Deegan leaving a lot go already - couple of players on both sides had head high tackles

Not giving a lot to Mayo so far. Thought that there was a free up the other end for O'Connor.

Mayo have lost all three of their kick outs - questions straight away about dropping Clarke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

good start for dublin

Should have been a goal for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Dublin all over Mayo
    Mayo be better off concentrating on football instead of the pushing and shoving shyt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Black card

Should be black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Definite black card

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Wow. Atrocious from Deegan.

Oh lord jaysus. Same nonsense again with black card. how many games do we have to play before they get rid of it.

What did Einstein say about the definitino of stupidity ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Moran was a bit dramatic there

Should have been black, moved his hand and deliberately tripped him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Black card all day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Mayo players diving again
    *tuts*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mayo playing against 16 again, though they're not helping themselves and Dublin are much better. Black all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Dublin on fire can see Dublin winning this. Mayo not looking as good as last time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Crazy game. Players in all positions under so much pressure when they get possession.

Why change the Mayo keeper?
    This one looks a bundle of nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Should have been black, moved his hand and deliberately tripped him

Agreed should have been.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Lot of players slipping and sliding on the surface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Al_Coholic wrote: »

His poor kick outs have been the difference so far

Al_Coholic wrote: »

I was wondering if they had changed the keeper. Heard the lads talking about it earlier but I just presumed that it was spin before the game.

For all of Dublin's dominance, only a point ahead so far

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement