Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Parsons leaving the field pouring Blood, if you did that in the street you would face assault charges, if you do it for this Dublin team of cynical cheats you'd be lauded.

Did you actually see the incident that caused his injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Liam Cunningham interview with Niamh Horan?

It wont be the Syrians he'll have to worry about knifing him in the back.

What happened Parsons?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Could carney be anymore pro dublin. Even the other commentator had to pull him in on it. Both blacks were harsh but Dublin should have had a black before they had there first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Noveight wrote: »
    For two supposedly good teams, the first match and what we've seen of this one have both been muck.

Get out of it. Brilliant game here. 2 teams playing at full intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great game so far, good quality football and lots of excitement and the two teams clearly despise each other.

No need for either black card in my opinion or any reds to be handed out for some of the scuffles

In fairness you can't swing like that when a fella is lying on the ground. It's cowardly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    He's given Dublin at least 5 points too
    Still bemused as the need to change a keeper for a final replay

surely off at HT?

If Mayo lose this Rochford's going to get serious criticism

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

No need for either black card in my opinion or any reds to be handed out for some of the scuffles

Great game so far, good quality football and lots of excitement and the two teams clearly despise each other.

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

it wasn't a shoulder. Their heads clashed. And from what I can see their was intentional movement by DC. I think thats what started Vaughan off.

I would like to see it again though.

Hard to really know

Hard to know but I don't think there was much in the initial clash of heads, looked accidental, Small is very lucky though and keegan unlucky but that said the Cooper black was harsh. I think deegan has let the game slip away from his control slightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That thin ice Keegans been skating on for months finally gave way.

Not sure it was a black though, but Mayo tend to tackle high and it can backfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Parsons leaving the field pouring Blood, if you did that in the street you would face assault charges, if you do it for this Dublin team of cynical cheats you'd be lauded.

How did it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Great game, much better quality.

The black cards...God I'm sick of it. 2 of the best defenders taken off for fairy innocuous challenges. Some very, verrry soft frees given for both sides. What I will say though is that Deegan has been consistent (bar the Small black card). Even as a Dub I was sickened to see Keegan go off for something so soft, hope we don't see any more of that in the 2nd half.

Was there any reason given as to why the Mayo keeper was replaced? Is the inference that they somehow blame him for the goals last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

What happened Parsons?

Nosebleed gets them quiet often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Get out of it. Brilliant game here. 2 teams playing at full intensity.

Full intensity yes, brilliant football? Hardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

We don't know how it happened so why are you so convinced it was assault?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was there any reason given as to why the Mayo keeper was replaced? Is the inference that they somehow blame him for the goals last week?

Rochford was asked before the game, and couldn't give a proper answer

McGuinness says the two black cards were for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Are you for real?

I am actually.

However there are some people who seem to want to slag off every single game of football and no matter how good it is it still a bad game.

It's been a very exciting first half with loads of good defending and attacking, an a proper punch wasn't throw in any of the scuffles that were seen so no need to red cards.

I thought both black cards were harsh enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

RoryMac wrote: »
    We don't know how it happened so why are you so convinced it was assault?

Indeed...he probably walked into a door

dirtyden wrote: »
    Hard to know but I don't think there was much in the initial clash of heads, looked accidental, Small is very lucky though and keegan unlucky but that said the Cooper black was harsh. I think deegan has let the game slip away from his control slightly.

I'd like to see it again. He was running behind him, made no effort to avoid him, and his head suddenly moved slightly right as he passed him.

It wasn't anything like a headbut but clearly enough to check Vaughans run

• Advertisement

yeah, 100% intentional. I genuinely think that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Interesting first half apart from the handbags throughout.

Dublin still struggling badly to get any scores from play. Mayo's poor kickouts and indiscipline keeping them in the game as bar Dean Rock none of the 6 Dublin forwards are winning their individual battle.

Mayo once again giving Dublin a big lead and responding well but they have struggled to push on and get a lead at any stage.
    Aidan O'Shea has been excellent so far and along with Andy Moran they are getting on the ball a lot closer to goal than the drawn game.
    Bringing in Hennelly has been a disaster. Clarke kept them in the game two weeks ago.

Deegan has been poor in terms of the big decisions so far but both teams are making it an impossible task to referee. There could have been 4 or 5 players put off in that half for both teams with black or red cards through stupidity. Small is particular is very lucky to still be on the field.

Very hard to call how the second half will go but Dublin probably have more off the bench.

No need for the yellows for DC and Vaughan at the end really unless there was something I didn't catch on camera, just a bit of pushing. Small is a bit lucky though, kind of for the terrible punch he threw but also the hand trip (although Moran took a terrible dive... :/ )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good old neutral RTE punditry...

That Keegan goal really shows cluxtons limitations as a keeper.

Anybody else's signal breaking up. It was fine last nite for the Late Late (unfortunately)... :(

In Kildare.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think the biggest travesty is how Diamuid O'Connor went unpunished after the goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

The decision to drop Clarke was a stupid stupid stupid decision. Small lucky to escape black card. Cooper's was harsh. Small's earlier trip on Andy Moran was more worthy of a black. Keegan's was a black more or less but came about because of a stupid kickout from Hennelly.

The Dubs are there for the taking. Really depends on how we cope without Keegan and our decision making when level has to improve. We've come back from about 10 deficits in these two games, or so it seems, but the time has come to go out and win this ourselves. It's not going to be handed to us.

Ps i'd take Keegan over Connolly in my team 365 days a year. And 366 days during a leap year.

Bambi wrote: »

Really??!!! You expected him to save that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Indeed...he probably walked into a door

So we don't know how it happened?

• Advertisement

Ref getting some big calls terribly wrong.
    Mayo player should had a player black carded straight after the goal.
    Vaughan should have got a black card for tripping Connolly.
    Small should gave walked for an attempted strike
    Piss poor reffing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Hennelly is a disaster tbh. He's costing us the match. Deegan making it about himself a bit, which I feared coming into this.

Pretty disappointing to see Connolly waving the imaginary card a la Serie A or Premier League.

I find that corrupt bank tagging themselves on to the famous GAA players pretty sickening. They should have been shut down many times over.

Always believed the best keepers are 6ft plus. Physical presence worth a lot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It was a super finish by Keegan, think a Dublin player came across Cluxton's vision as well - don't think any keeper would save it

Good shot but other keepers get to them, any well placed shot has a good chance of beating cluxton

Keegan's goal was majestic though, elite football right there. He's the best player in the Country imo, and I'm a Dub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

PressRun wrote: »
    Hennelly is a disaster tbh. He's costing us the match. Deegan making it about himself a bit, which I feared coming into this.

Why did he delay in giving Small his yellow after flashing it at Vaughan and Connolly? Deegan is all about Deegan, that's why. He purposefully raised tensions there.

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote: »
    Always believed the best keepers are 6ft plus. Physical presence worth a lot.

Most of their job is dealing with loose ball, any high dropping ball and kickouts - very few direct shots in games usually if your defense is properly organised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Bambi wrote:
    Good shot but other keepers get to them, any well placed shot has a good chance of beating cluxton

Not even De Gea or any soccer keeper would save that

I'd like to see it again. He was running behind him, made no effort to avoid him, and his head suddenly moved slightly right as he passed him.

It wasn't anything like a headbut but clearly enough to check Vaughans run

Vaughan should have been black carded for tripping Connolly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You are funny fella, seriously funny.

Hennelly has cost Mayo 3 or 4 points.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Nosebleed gets them quiet often

Especially against the Dubs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If you logged in to this and didnt know anything you would swear Dublin were the big school yard bully while Mayo was the kid innocently getting picked on. Get a grip lads. There are two teams out there not giving an inch to each other. No one worse no one better than each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Cynical cheats eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Connolly should be ashamed of himself. FULL STOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Good shot but other keepers get to them, any well placed shot has a good chance of beating cluxton any keeper.

:confused:

Most of their job is dealing with loose ball, any high dropping ball and kickouts - very few direct shots in games usually if your defense is properly organised

True. Kickouts are a tactical minefield as the game stands now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement