Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from gaa for stating a fact

Options
  • 18-09-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭

Called Diarmuid Connolly a scumbag for punching a player in the face. Justified imo.

One week ban for it? Mad stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If anyone else posts in this thread when they have no business doing so I will be handing out cards. Don't say you weren't warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per my post in your earlier thread...
    First, try & resolve it with the mod as per the DRP process.
    If you can't resolve it - start a new thread with a bit more info to support your appeal.

Have you followed these steps yet?

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As per my post in your earlier thread...

Have you followed these steps yet?

tHB

Yes.

That's why I started a new thread.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll bring this to the attention of the Sports CMods.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll pick this up this later tonight after training.

• Advertisement

Hi,

After having a look of this, I can't see any reason to over turn the ban handed out.

In the very first post in the thread there was a Mod warning that stated and I've bolded the key part:
    Here's the usual mod note:
    No personal abuse of other posters. No name calling of players or managers. Generally calling a player (or manager) variants of sc*m(bag), kn***er, etc. (ye can probably think of more colourful ones) will get you carded/banned. If you've come to our attention recently, any indiscretions will likely get you banned.
    To whoever wins: For the love of jaysus will ye win gracefully!!! Ye have just won Sam Maguire! Rubbing the opposition's nose in it should be the last thing on your mind.

There was also an additional Mod warning:
    Lads, a few of ye would want to recheck your posting style - a lot of borderline personal stuff going on. Keep it civil and on topic, or else there will be bans handed out until after the game

Both of these Mod warnings were on the first page and first post of the thread.

There was a number of posters that also received 1 week bans on the back of similar posts and comments, so the Mod action is also consistent in their application.

As such, I wont be over turning this ban, however, if you wish for an Admin review, that avenue is open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

As I said was just stating a fact as opposed to name calling.

Please admin review

#justiceforthehonestfolk

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can I get an Admin review please?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There was a mod warning that calling a player a scumbag would get you carded or banned. You called a player a scumbag; you got banned. I can't find fault with the reasoning. The ban is upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement