Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking expert advice

Options
  • 18-09-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    can anyone give me step by step (wire by wire) instructions for connecting an HKC sensor with reed to a CS350 alarm unit please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this connected straight to the zone input in the panel?
    Is zones set up as single or dual end of line?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Elothar

Yeah it's connected straight to the zone input on the panel.
    I'm nearly sure I've set the zone up as dual.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its dual end of line wire like the diagram below.
    Each green loop is a 4K7 resistor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iVGp4WlNhQ0JmZ2M/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Koolkid, I'll give that a go tomorrow so. :)

Good news and bad news.
    Good news: the system sees the HKC sensor, no longer sees it as an open zone and realises when the magnet is moved away from the sensor. :)
    Bad news: I now have the system telling me I have 5 other open zones even though nothing else is attached to the system. Its saying zones 02T, 03T, 04T, 05T, and 06T are open as well as saying there's a tamper fault on the cabinet when its got the lid securely on.
    I have all other zones apart from zone 1 set as "unused" in the settings on the keypad so I dont know where these phantom zones are coming from apart from guessing its something to do with the wiring I just did on the sensor.

Update: Good news again: figured out that putting a resistor in each of the zone connectors on the main board closed the phantom zones. :). Have since added a second sensor and both are now reacting to their magnets being moved and to banging on the table (shock)!! :). Success! Thank you SO much Koolkid! :)

I have one more minor problem if you wouldn't mind? The main board only allows 4 shock zones (1-4). I need 5 windows/doors to have the HKC sensors on them. Is there a way of adding two shock sensors onto one zone? Is it just a matter of looping another sensor onto another? If so would you have a diagram of that? Or am I just stuck with the 4?

Many thanks again, I wouldn't be this far along without you! :)

• Advertisement

Think I might have figured out adding one sensor onto another. :). I used one of Altor's diagrams from another post, though his diagram seemed upside down as far as connections to the diagram you gave me. It worked however when I transposed it to your original diagram. :)
    Now I have another problem, they don't seem to end do they? Lol. I'm trying now to add the outside siren to the system, this should be the final stage to setup/test before I can start the cabling and install the system properly.
    I'm going to go look myself to see if I can get inspiration but in case I can't I'm hoping you may know? Its an HKC SAAB external sounder with integrated LED strobe.
    Thanks. :)

The external bell connections are as follows

Panel................................ Bell

External Bell+.....…............. External bell +
    External bell -..................... External bell -
    Internal Bell +..................... Strobe +
    Internal Bell -...................... Strobe -
    BHO.................................... BHO
    Tamper Return................... Tamper Return with 4k7 resistor in series.

Thanks Koolkid. I had found an 11 year old thread that had the info. Have wired it all up and sorted out a tamper fault, with loud sirens. Am gonna wait till tomorrow to continue. Don't want to subject the neighbours to the siren at this hour. :)
    Thanks again for the information, it's much appreciated!! :)

Advertisement