Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emissions fail

• 18-09-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I bought a car when I went to get it nct it failed on emissions us there anything I can do that's not going to ,are me spend hundreds getting it fixed as its 2000 golf I spend a few hundred buying it help me please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Hi guys I bought a car when I went to get it nct it failed on emissions us there anything I can do that's not going to ,are me spend hundreds getting it fixed as its 2000 golf I spend a few hundred buying it help me please

1.4 petrol engine???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Is it throwing any codes pertaining to, for example , the EGR valve (P0401)?

Failing that, horse in the Dipetane and say three decades of the rosary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Also ensure the engine is roasting hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

KC161 wrote: »
    1.4 petrol engine???
    Scottie99 wrote: »
    Also ensure the engine is roasting hot

285CC3CF00000578-3069652-The_fire_in_the_small_silver_car_appeared_to_have_originated_in_-a-37_1430886031915.jpg

There's a good chance a VW 1.4 of that vintage is utterly utterly fudged.

Ladyinthedark - What are the emissions readings? I have money on astonishing HC readings at the very least - these engines can burn a lot of oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Engine/oil temp 83
    CO .37 % vol
    HC275ppm

Lambda 1.02
    CO .55% vol
    HC 238ppm

• Advertisement
Advertisement