Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15k budget - any recommendations?

• 18-09-2016 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Know there are a lot of these types of thread, but I would appreciate any advice on here.

Myself and OH learned that we will, all going well, have a new arrival next March. Looking for buy a new car for us, ideally want something from 2013 upwards, with a budget of about 15k.

We both like the look of an i40, and have read some good things about it, but they would be above that price range.

Cheers folks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭GavMan

Bit more detail would be great.

Petrol or diesel? Hatch/Saloon/Estate? etc....

Considering the age range, Manufacturers like, Hyundai, Kia, Renault, Dacia, Mitsubishi should be on your radar because you will have the outstanding Balance of the Manufacturers warranty available to you.

15K might get you into a Megane Estate in GT line spec which (IMO) is a lovely looking estate. Lots of room for baby stuff and better spec than the i40. Same goes for Fluence. i30 estate could be a runner. 15k could get you into a brand new Duster

But yeah, more info please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭chases0102

Of course, I was a bit scant on the details alright!

Diesel, for sure. I do approximately 500km each week for work, currently driving a petrol and it's not cost effective.

Saloon preferably, but wouldn't rule out estate. For example, I saw a lovely i40 Estate recently.

So yeah, about 15k is the budget....myself and OH have cars that won't fetch anything in resale, so 15 really is our max.

Advertisement