Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrade advice?

• 18-09-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hey guys wondering can yous help me out with upgrading.

Currently using an istick 30w and nautilus mini.
    Perfectly fine over the last 8ish months, down to 3mg juice so happy days.

Im in the market for a new tank, the nautilus mini is battered and bruised been through a couple of glass replacements and now sits slightly tilted to one side lol.

Id prefer not to buy a new mod which limits what tank i have power for by the looks of things but im not entirely against splashing out for a new one if needs be

Im a MTL guy, direct lung just doesnt work for me so with that in mind i started searching and narrowed it down to either the nautilus x or joyetech cubis pro mini.

So basically im looking for a MTL tank, preferably something small with top filling, and if i need a new mod again something small with a built in battery

Any advice/suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Also i have a subtank mini and although the flavour was good the tank leaked like a sive and was heavy so it rarely gets used other than to try some flavours out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

I have a Nautilus X, and while it ticks all of your boxes, my experience wasn't great. Very dry vape, which made me cough, the top fill was fiddly to do, and usually resulted in spills, and the airflow is on the end of the drip tip, which can leak, and you get juice over your lips.

I also have a Cubis (the original one). It has lovely flavour, but if you overtighten the top, it cuts off airflow, and if you leave it too loose it floods. I don't know if later versions have addressed this.

My regular tanks are a GS Air M (4ml) and MS (3ml). I can't fault them, and they are cheap to buy and replacement coils are cheap.
    I am willing to spend to find a good mtl tank, but I haven't found better than the GS Air line of tanks yet.

Edit: That Cubis Pro looks interesting. If you do get it, make sure to let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Wouldn't advise the Nautilus X unless you also get the 4ml adapter - makes it an entirely new tank - I hated the original 2ml, but I'm liking and using it now with the 4ml (actually replaced the 4ml with the Cleito 5ml Fatboy tank - but that's probably a step too far :D )
    The Nautilus X has new coils available now too - the 1.8ohm - which are a little bit tighter on the airflow than the 1.5's. It's still alot airier than the original Nautilus though.

Another option might be the Triton Mini - which really should have been called the Nautilus Mini 2 - uses the old Nautilus coils and the newer Triton Mini coils. It would be alot closer to the tank you have now, but with top fill.

As for the Cubis - well that's a tank I have a love/hate relationship with - when it works it's great - but when it doesn't it'll break your fecking heart (Admittedly I haven't tried the Pro - but I think most of the problems are coil related so I don't see it making much difference)

Nautilus X & Triton Mini will work quite happily on the iStick 30W - as will the MTL coils for the Cubis - the DL coils would probably need something beefier

Cheers for the suggestions.

I may well end up buying 2 tanks haha

The triton mini sounds good but looked a bit big to me, however i have a bunch on coils for my nautilus so at least id still get use out of them

Iv not looked at the GS tanks will check them out.

Yep though as much about the nautilus x in theory it looks like it would be great but reviews are very mixed

What about the aspire evo tank? The triton coils fit them dont they? Think i would need a better mod tho

JdelXFwFwMu88UNFiIswEQrmwZDEt5E5Rdno2O3iXpULbq-v_I0vb_B-fjbHAqrGQS8rjmJN8-ENbS1G9qy4EEfAzFeiqJARggSo27yky1AED3_4XY0PrHYjP__oOfLRcNUfHh87JNMXFRICjoLBc_YwGU5-A_6EosjuKDiV22GwoKJzmUxELQR7UimKmuVhF_yz3SEn1HKCMLqr2YS5jxaz-B6UDkx9uJ8k9QgWErL-L7atw_4U3nKCg4a0UgfVUaKD4AfagSzjJWL_b3ftoGNojoc4GgmBePLy_jA0_oKI7pr9egS-HtGGZovaOcGJPEGPRypbgHoihm_GcgVidYPxW3bu10W2xYhyEebL9t7t2C6vbW9dWLLeDnqB_2eKFjvne-5QbIiK4nYyK1iDgIoodPyrb57ccv5N0iILrDaUD_WXlARUo9cRz6csntYTsAtCXOqclSp126hl9RscT4FzYS0epr78bpkukdq0MFO8nN03yd88ChCXI58wSq9oGMbz2KIVjoqPPF9sXX6cVXjlhrbpqaXfXPZn-Kbc_2s75w3TdgRfcF14Pw6yj5cPSnbxghw7KNjWeLC36Rm3u9YEJXVPz6oDXIP9Ua30-kWLiME=w1074-h913-no

Left to Right : Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini, Triton, Triton 2

The Triton Mini is fairly small - the Triton & Triton 2 are quite beefy & heavy

I thought the new Evo had new coils, but it seems they are backwards compatible so it should work with most of the coils from the following :
    (List is somewhat outdated now)
    Vaporesso Gemini /ORC / Target
    Aspire Atlantis / V2 / Mega / Triton / 2
    Amigo Donner 22 / Riptide V1 / Riptide topfill
    Anyvape Fury / Sega
    CoilART Online Tank
    Coiltech Atank
    Beyond Vape Silo Beast
    EHPRO & Eciggity Morph
    Eleaf iJust2 / Melo / Melo2 / Melo III / Mini
    Focalecig? Fruit Style sub Ohm Tank
    Freemax Starre / Pro
    Gigue Aeolus / Mini
    Heatvape EcoTank
    Ovancl Espole
    Playboy Vixen
    Science of Vaping Eclipse
    Sense Tech Herakles
    Sigelei X-Tank
    Smokme Subverter Mini
    Steam Tribe Mini Sub Ohm Tank
    Sunone Sking Square
    Thunderhead Creations-Thunderstorm Tank
    Tobeco Super Tank / KS / Mini
    Vape Forward VF ATTY
    Vapeston Ceramikas / Maganus
    Vapor DNA Project Sub Ohm Saucecode
    Vapor-Tek Morpheus / V2

So just to clarify the Triton Mini is the one that's backward compatible with the Nautilus coils.
    The Triton & Triton 2 are different beasts and are compatible with the Atlantis type coils. You can use these for MTL but you have to really want it :D They are early Sub-Ohm tanks so aimed to DL.
    The Evo is a DL tank - getting good reviews - and you would need a decent mod.

• Advertisement

It looks nice there,
    Been looking and cant find it here or the uk. Even fasttech doesnt stock them anymore. Pitty.

I might pick up a GS air ms simply because there cheap and seem to get decent reviews and a cubis pro mini. One of them will hopefully work out for me.

Next time i get the bug i think i'll have to buy a better mod

Actually wait i found the triton mini, god im blind haha

Fasttech is not great for Aspire, they don't have some of the stuff and what they do have you can't pay them for - you have to buy a gift voucher, give it to yourself and then use that to pay for the Aspire stuff - it's nutz :D

GS Air & GS Tank are nice options too, cheap as chips & have a good few dedicated fans around here.

Thats the triton mini and gs air ordered.
    I would like to try the cubis pro at some point but safe bet is what i wanted at the min.

Thanks for the help, will let yous know how thet are when they arrive. Reminds me i need to buy some juice.

No Problem. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

I have a cubis pro. I've only used it for direct lung though. The airflow is very adjustable so it should work fine. I've used ni coils in it at about 30w and I think the claptons are for use at that or lower so should be fine. It will not leak but I have had some coil flooding which is easily remedied with a bit of paper towel down the chimney to the top of the coil. Really well built tank.

Advertisement