Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Champions League. Sept 24/25 BBC.

• 18-09-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭

The PDC is coming to the BBC next weekend, and I for one am completely nonplussed with excitement.

Its the Top 8 in the world (or actually the Top 7 plus Rob Thornton somehow fluking being ranked ahead of Chizzy on the day they made the selections) in two groups of 4, roundrobin, followed by semis finals and a final. Simples.

Group 1. MVG, Taylor, Wright, Thornton.
    Group 2. Anderson, Lewis, Wade, Smith.

Schedule. All live on BBC1 or BBC2 unless BBCNI decide to show some rallydriving.

Saturday afternoon. Lewis v Wade, Ando v Smith, Taylor v Wright, MVG v Thornton.
    Saturday evening. Winners of the afternoon games in each group face each other, Ditto the losers.
    Sunday afternoon. Remaining round robin ties.
    Sunday evening. Semi finals (winner each group v runner up other group) and final.

Studio experts to include debutants Paul Nicholson and Mark Webster (no mention of Bobby George or Wayne fcuking Mardle which is good).

Theres also a Darts Special 'A Question of Sport' on Wednesday with Taylor and MVG for anyone who still watches this.

I for one will be tweeting in to the BBC asking where are Scotty Dog Mitchell and Daryl Fitton, as we were told these guys were the best in the world only 8 months ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

You have really made this comp sound so appealing to watch.

Top 8 from PDC & BDO might have made it a bit more exciting to watch.

I think I'll pass on this one and watch the rally driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sounds like a glorified version of the grand slam

paulie21 wrote:
    Sounds like a glorified version of the grand slam

Glorified exhibition!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wright bottles it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Webster is awful as a pundit. Looks so uncomfortable

• Advertisement

Officer999 wrote:
    Webster is awful as a pundit. Looks so uncomfortable

He probably is uncomfortable. Only a few years back, he was nervous doing an interview after a match, and now he's taken on punditry. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Enjoyable enough stuff despite a lot of onesided games, and the BBC have done it well without Sky excesses and selfindulgence.

Final starting in the next few minutes - Taylor v MVG.
    Taylor playing better, already destroyed MVG in the groups, seems happy in himself - so its a model for an MVG win and a PT meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What time is the final starting at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Xenji wrote: »
    What time is the final starting at?

Walk-ons 'appening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Watched it the last couple of nights. I find it funny how the BBC were quick to drop the BDO World Champs like a hot potato and are now all over the PDC like the BDO never existed.

Saying all that its nice to see proper darts on terrestrial TV. Taylor still a machine. Hard to believe MVG is still only 27!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

MvG can't hit a thing. Taylor looks like he'll stroll to victory again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Watched it the last couple of nights. I find it funny how the BBC were quick to drop the BDO World Champs like a hot potato and are now all over the PDC like the BDO never existed.

Saying all that its nice to see proper darts on terrestrial TV. Taylor still a machine. Hard to believe MVG is still only 27!

I agree. Great to see top darts back on the beeb even if the punditry is terrible. But they will get better.

Very funny line from Phil there at the end about Mike Gregory. I almost choked on my custard cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ummmm one of all time greats, most known name in world darts, founder of the pdc Phil Taylor wins the title on the pdcs BBC debut (formally a BDO dominated provider)

Suspicious lol

Didn't think much of the tournament TBH. Sky's darts coverage can't be beaten

Hard to call who will be world champion in 2017

Advertisement