Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Katie Hopkins was right to be against Hillary.

I found it all very entertaining.

Bill though is alleged to have inserted it...rather than grab.

I remember when Dolly Parton came to Kilkenny in the summer and a storm blew a hold in the back of the stage and poor Dolly was perished.

They brought people to butcher Dolly's songs right in front of her :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love Dolly ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I thought Dolly was about 80. She looks rough for 70.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    They brought people to butcher Dolly's songs right in front of her :pac:

Martina should have just let Carrie sing I will always love you on her own.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I remember when Dolly Parton came to Kilkenny in the summer and a storm blew a hold in the back of the stage and poor Dolly was perished.

I was at Linkin Park in concert in Dublin that day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

So it seems that Hectors programme was one of the most interesting ones this week. And so gets double publicity ??????. At least republic of telly got it rright. This is absolutely nothing like the UK version of gogglebox. The clips shown are junk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's pretty much a carbon copy. The UK version shows Strictly and Poldark repeatedly. Now that celebrity jungle programme will probably be on every week because the one from Newcastle is on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭goochy

Not one person supporte supported katie Hopkins I on show . Seems hard to believe. Disappointed in the limerick mum - fine looking woman and sound - she even wanted her to f off. I except not everyone likes katie but thought someone would have agreed with her.

I feel with the Irish version the people feel they must put on a performance to earn their fee. The dublin woman in castleknock really annoys me and I am a dub myself !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

goochy wrote: »
    Not one person supporte supported katie Hopkins I on show . Seems hard to believe. Disappointed in the limerick mum - fine looking woman and sound - she even wanted her to f off. I except not everyone likes katie but thought someone would have agreed with her.

I feel with the Irish version the people feel they must put on a performance to earn their fee. The dublin woman in castleknock really annoys me and I am a dub myself !

Couldn't agree more. Fake, fake, fake.

The response of most participants ranges from theatrics to hysterics.

I don't know anyone for whom watching TV is still such a novelty as to generate such reactions.

Did they not have a telly in the house before now?

It's all very sheltered existence looking.

Never seen the UK one, nor do I intend to!

The UK one is no way as pc correct. People say what they think . Just watch it once. You will see a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

The UK one is no way as pc correct. People say what they think . Just watch it once. You will see a big difference.

I can't quite put my finger on what is missing but the Irish one does nothing for me.

I have watched the UK one from the start. Normally when you begin to study something it starts to change, yet somehow the UK ones has managed to stay natural. Not in all cases now, I did feel that Steph & Dom felt a bit contrived for the last few years and Sandra & Sandy started to do stuff in front of the camera that was nothing to do with the programmes they were watching. Leon & June seem to be at this more and more also so I reckon their days are numbered.

I still enjoy the Tappers, The Michaels, The Moffats, Stephen & Chris, The Siddiqis who have all been start from the start.
    Also the dad with the eyebrows, Lee & the one in the caravan are good craic also & the German lad & George's family (not sure if they were there from the start but certainly very early on)

Don't think I've seen the vicar this year, surprised she lasted this long

Maybe it will take a few seasons to get into the Irish ne but I fear it wont last that long.

I love the woman who has a chair and wallpaper that match. Her husband is completely off the wall. Not sure of their names. Also the brixton babes are hillarious.

The brixton ones are very unnatural.
    only watch irish one as love the limerick mum - big fan of the older woman !
    East European people are not known for their personalities and the fact the guy and girl are rarely shown and don't seem to say anything proves this. Didn't the producers not realise polish people will speak polish amongst themselves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

goochy wrote: »
    East European people are not known for their personalities and the fact the guy and girl are rarely shown and don't seem to say anything proves this. Didn't the producers not realise polish people will speak polish amongst themselves ?

You don't have to talk all the time to be funny or have a personality Some of their facial reactions are funny if you're going down the stereotype route then aren't the two twins the typical Irish up for the craic nearly always shown with a beer in hand and i don't think that's fair to them or anyone to put them in a box

I really think the cavan twins and the two friends in the dublin 8 apartment make the show. They are comedy gold and completely natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

I really think the cavan twins and the two friends in the dublin 8 apartment make the show. They are comedy gold and completely natural.

yeah i like the Limerick Family too..

on the UK show - weird how they did not mention Scarlett on IACGMOOH... who I think is great on it btw - she is soooo cute..

The east europeans are hardly shown , the d8 friends are a bit ott and the young kid in athy is a bit of a missus. Like the lk family and Cavan twins best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

For me the variety of views and accents on the UK version is key. There should be accents and opinions from the 4 corners of the country. Trying to understand Donegalians and Kerry folk would be a greatand welcome challenge. ;) Nothing wrong with the Dubs, but 2 groups would be plenty. Love the ones from Cavan, and Navan. The contrived smart alecness of the 4 girls on the couch is nothing short of nauseating unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Agree as a dub living in cork for many years , the cabra girls remind me what i don't miss about the place . Country people are the best !

Don' really like the gay guys either. The larger of the two seems to have nothing to offer at all. He just sits there and sneers at aabsolutely everything. Have no idea why the Polish couple are even on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Getting a series 2 according to the radio- they are on the lookout for a clergy member!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Googlebox starting late - 10pm.

So far my favourites are ........the Ryan family from Limerick, Tracie and Anita from the Liberties and Angela and Eileen (the two mature ladies with the Michael D Tea cosy). The Cavan lads are characters but I think they're playing up for the camera a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Those beauty pageants for young girls are vile :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

12 points in Eurovision for Ireland is that correct :eek::p

Seriously. Did that woman from moycullen really say that kids would be better off hanging round the street corners. Weirdo.

Seriously. Did that woman from moycullen really say that kids would be better off hanging round the street corners. Weirdo.

Ah the Cavan brothers are telling it how it is :D

• Advertisement

Gwan Mickey Joe Harte :D haven't heard that tune in ages

Advertisement