Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Dear God, I don't get the fascination with Nathan Carter.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

jeez, i tink this show is so crap compared to the british version, everything seems so pre-rehearsed, and exhagerated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The two Pauls from Cork are fierce boring, I'd knock more entertainment out of looking through a Dulux paint chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Henwin wrote: »
    jeez, i tink this show is so crap compared to the british version, everything seems so pre-rehearsed, and exhagerated

Have you seen the first series of the UK version? It was no different. I guess it takes time for people to become used to the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone watching it tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Poor enough tonight...the two Paul's are boring and bring nothing to the program..

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

I love it. Unashamedly. Some weeks are better than others but I love it.
    Get a great kick out of the girls in the Liberties & the Cavan twins.
    I'd love if the Ryan Mum spoke more to her son Alex (the one in the armchair). She always directs all her chat to the other son - dunno why that bugs me a bit but it does.

Donegal looking well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Jessme wrote: »
    I love it. Unashamedly. Some weeks are better than others but I love it.
    Get a great kick out of the girls in the Liberties & the Cavan twins.
    I'd love if the Ryan Mum spoke more to her son Alex (the one in the armchair). She always directs all her chat to the other son - dunno why that bugs me a bit but it does.
    I think he is just the quietest of the two ,the chap on couch seems more chatty..the Cavan lads take no prisoners

harr wrote: »
    I think he is just the quietest of the two ,the chap on couch seems more chatty..the Cavan lads take no prisoners

Yeah I think you're right.
    Love Angela as well - she's gas!

• Advertisement

I'm trying to like the 2 Paul's but I just can't warm to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Cdosrun

Autosport wrote: »

Loads have said that here as have I and they are still there.

Some are good all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jessme wrote: »
    Yeah I think you're right.
    Love Angela as well - she's gas!

Was it Angela who said the testicles like pulled pork :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Autosport wrote: »

Can't stand them, they're just so pompous.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it Angela who said the testicles like pulled pork :p

I dunno - probably!! She's hilarious, and I love her accent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

Dub myself but Angela is a stereotypical dub likes the sound of her own voice and hate her accent. Don't know how her country friend sticks her. I know she's not in the ' real ' castleknock but even so you wouldn't think she lived in such an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What kind of dog do the Limerick family have? He's really cute, I normally prefer big dogs but I wouldn't mind having a dog like him? Also the mother from the Galway family I have definetly seen her face before on something else, does anyone know if she was on a show before? Anyone recognise her from somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Have to agree I don't like the two Paul's or the two from Rialto both do my head in

My favourites are the Ryan family in Limerick and Anita & Tracy in the liberties
    I like the family in Wicklow & I don't know how I feel about the grufftery's
    I wouldn't care either way if the gibbons-coyle family or the 4 friends from Cabra were to stay or go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

fin12 wrote: »
    What kind of dog do the Limerick family have? He's really cute, I normally prefer big dogs but I wouldn't mind having a dog like him? Also the mother from the Galway family I have definetly seen her face before on something else, does anyone know if she was on a show before? Anyone recognise her from somewhere?

She is an actress alright. Kilnaskully?

There's her IMDB page:
    http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/name/name/nm1017211/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sparko wrote: »
    She is an actress alright. Kilnaskully?

There's her IMDB page:
    http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/name/name/nm1017211/

Omg thank you, I knew I regonised her just couldn't remember from where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

goochy wrote: »
    Dub myself but Angela is a stereotypical dub likes the sound of her own voice and hate her accent. Don't know how her country friend sticks her. I know she's not in the ' real ' castleknock but even so you wouldn't think she lived in such an area.

Yep how dare someone with a Dublin accent have the brass neck to live in a modest suburb in Dublin 15, I hear Colin Farrell is receiving his eviction notice as we speak

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

goochy wrote: »

Have to say that is one of the most snobby comments I've ever heard.

I think the 2 of them are hilarious as a Dub living down the country and country people love the sound of Angela's accent. It's a true dub accent. Not a fake D4 American/Dublin bloody accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

i think i'm gonna stop going on these boards, i really enjoy googlebox be it the Irish one or the English one more so the Irish one becuase it's new at the moment and if you hate someone on it for the they few mins they're on then there's a problem, I don't get the whole hate-orade on the 2 Pauls i thought they were good on the last episode each family brings something different whether you like them all or not is your own deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

i think i'm gonna stop going on these boards, i really enjoy googlebox be it the Irish one or the English one more so the Irish one becuase it's new at the moment and if you hate someone on it for the they few mins they're on then there's a problem, I don't get the whole hate-orade on the 2 Pauls i thought they were good on the last episode each family brings something different whether you like them all or not is your own deal

Don't believe anyone has expressed hate for them, just that they're awful boring and contribute little to the show, which is a pretty valid complaint for this type of programme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

This forum is pretty balanced in its views. I love the cavan guys and 2 women in dublin 8. Other people have other favourites. As do you. And on this forum that is respected. Believe me there is another one that all the contributors want to do is write the most awful horrible insulting things about the characters daily. So don't stop posting. Your opinion is as valuable as everyone else's.

It's the toy show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight is the final :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tonight is the final :(

Nooooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Jaysus I always forget about Syzmon and Ava very forgettable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

I am not from dublin 4 myself but some dubs play up the salt of the earth accent just as some play up the d4 accent. I just think she likes the sound of her voice too much.
    The limerick mum is fab , great attitude and great looking .
    They said they picked the ' cast ' for this series in coffee shops etc.rather than getting people to apply.
    But now for next series they want people to apply . That means you are going to get even more people ' acting '

Advertisement