Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I enjoyed the show tonight and the coverage of the Toy Show. Just shows how well loved it is as an Irish institution.

I cannot stand the four Cabra girls on the couch - please don't bring them back next time. They have zero to offer.

I love the Limerick mum and her two lads and I like the girls from Blessington and their dad and I think the Gruffertys can be funny !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

The gruffertys daughter is a bit of a madame .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

goochy wrote: »
    The gruffertys daughter is a bit of a madame .

Which one the one that is always on the show ? Or one of the ones on tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The gruffertys blond daughter had a face like a slapped arse for the whole show.

Love the Limerick family and the Canan lads.
    Dub myself but Angela is a stereotypical dub likes the sound of her own voice and hate her accent. Don't know how her country friend sticks her. I know she's not in the ' real ' castleknock but even so you wouldn't think she lived in such an area.

I agree can be annoying at times. It's a voice that grates on me and only men can pull it off (don't know how other dubs could take someone who talks like that to meet the parents..). Perhaps the country friend lives in Castleknock and she comes from Ballymun to visit!

The grufferty daughter that's always on is the one that's a bit of a madame.
    Yes agree the ' real ' dub accent isn't good on women and that woman Angela would wreck my head.
    The women from liberties act a bit but they aren't so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

just watching it now - OMG the prog about Chernobyl was one of the most harrowing things I have ever seen on TV - that will stay with me for a long time.. harrowing

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sporina wrote: »
    just watching it now - OMG the prog about Chernobyl was one of the most harrowing things I have ever seen on TV - that will stay with me for a long time.. harrowing

Poor Banni :(

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I recorded that Banni documentary but I hadn't watched it yet. I think I'll have to delete it because I was in bits watching the clips on Gogglebox, that poor boy :( I was so angry and upset seeing how a happy life was snatched away from him due to bureaucracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

I recorded that Banni documentary but I hadn't watched it yet. I think I'll have to delete it because I was in bits watching the clips on Gogglebox, that poor boy :( I was so angry and upset seeing how a happy life was snatched away from him due to bureaucracy.

my words exactly - i could not get his face out of my head for along time after watching it.. cruelty beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Perhaps the country friend lives in Castleknock and she comes from Ballymun to visit!

FFS... It's Castleknock not bloody Bel Air!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Feck I missed it this week. Is it repeated tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I watched it myself. It's heartbreaking. I don't think it's possible to watch the end without crying. Such a harrowing story and sadly it's all true.

The real castleknock can rival Ben air . I would say they are near carpenterstown and where Ben Dunne lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

pilly wrote: »
    Feck I missed it this week. Is it repeated tonight ?

You can watch it on the tv3 player.

Did anyone watch the uk one last night? Does anyone know where Leon got his Christmas jumper, it was a polar bear with flashing lights?

fin12 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the uk one last night? Does anyone know where Leon got his Christmas jumper, it was a polar bear with flashing lights?
    Wonder if he found out how to turn it off at the end.

Wonder if he found out how to turn it off at the end.
    Wasn't it awful when the leopard ran off with the piglet.

Ya it was but I do love big cats and they have to eat to survive. I'd like to watch that tv series drama Rillington place about the serial killer. I have to get a Christmas jumper for work for a Wednesday and I want to get a one with flashing lights. I was in Penneys and Debenhams and a few other shops, they had just plain ones not with flashing lights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nah, I was on team leopard - magnificent animals, and gotta eat. And sure, most of the people feeling sorry for the pig would quite happily eat sausags and ham on a regular basis.

Yeah I absolutely love foxes. And even when they kill chickens etc I cannot fault them. So I do see where you are both coming from re the poor little piglet. The camera work was amazing must say. Where is brixton woman s friend gone. I see she has her daughter with her now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Yeah I absolutely love foxes. And even when they kill chickens etc I cannot fault them. So I do see where you are both coming from re the poor little piglet. The camera work was amazing must say. Where is brixton woman s friend gone. I see she has her daughter with her now ?
    They said she had prior engagement and was unable to film this week but should be back next week

kopite386 wrote: »
    They said she had prior engagement and was unable to film this week but should be back next week
    Probably getting her acrylic nails done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Did anyone watch Gogglebox Irelands Wackiest Moments (or whatever it was called)? for me the series was all a bit of a wet blanket, would be interested to find what they included as "wackiest" although not interested enough to actually watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Think it was called 'Maddest moments'.

They only had 12 episodes, unsure they should be having a 'Best Of' already. There's another Gogglebox special on Thursday week. Unsure if thats another compilation, or new scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Knowing TV3 it will be the exact same show with a different title.

She's persuing a singing career. Has left Gogglebox.

She's persuing a singing career. Has left Gogglebox.
    She must be nuts to give up been on Gogglebox.

She will probably be allowed back in again if she doesn't make a success of the singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Why - how much do you think they are paid in reality?

• Advertisement

Reati wrote: »
    Why - how much do you think they are paid in reality?

Well apparently Scarlett was able to pay off her parents mortgage it so they must be paid fairly well, and look at the opportunities it also presents to them.

And it's easy money sitting on your arse watching tv.

Advertisement