Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

fin12 wrote: »
    Well apparently Scarlett was able to pay off her parents mortgage it so they must be paid fairly well, and look at the opportunities it also presents to them.

And it's easy money sitting on your arse watching tv.

I think it all depends on the success of the series and how popular each family is like the Irish families would all still be keeping their days jobs

And Scarlet was working as well as getting paid on the show so that's how she was able to pay it off it wasn't solely from the show - but you do wonder how much was left for her to pay off haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Well apparently Scarlett was able to pay off her parents mortgage it so they must be paid fairly well, and look at the opportunities it also presents to them.

And it's easy money sitting on your arse watching tv.

Yeah, I don't think Sandi was paid that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

kopite386 wrote: »
    And Scarlet was working as well as getting laid on the show so that's how she was able to pay it off it wasn't solely from the show - but you do wonder how much was left for her to pay off haha

Most of them are all working day jobs as well as doing gogglebox, a lot of them talk about their jobs while on the show. My point is Scarlett would hardly be able to have paid off her parents mortgage if she never went on gogglebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

My point is Scarlett would hardly be able to have paid off her parents mortgage if she never went on gogglebox.

You point is irrelevant to the topic of Sandi leaving though. I'm not sure how Scarlett wealth, whose fame came from Gogglebox but money is from the things she's doing on the side, is related to Sandi leaving to try for a career in music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Reati wrote: »
    You point is irrelevant to the topic of Sandi leaving though. I'm not sure how Scarlett wealth, whose fame came from Gogglebox but money is from the things she's doing on the side, is related to Sandi leaving to try for a career in music?

Because someone was questioning why Sandy would leave a good gig like googlebox when you can see how the programme has benefitted others financially and also helped with Fame. Basically she should probably do what Scarlett did, stay on the show while pursuing her singing career.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I heard somewhere that they got £1,500 a month per family so hardly going to break the bank. Scarlett did say she had paid of her parents mortgage on I'm a Celeb, possibly with the wedge she got for doing that show? and anyhow I can't imagine a mortgage on a 3 bed in Durham being that high, particularly if they started it when she was much younger. I'd probably be able to pay it off with spare change in my poca
    Richie Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I heard somewhere that they got £1,500 a month per family so hardly going to break the bank.

That's for nothing. Channel 4 probably cover all the wages with one advert during the show. TV3 must be paying peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Seen it advertised last week and thought it was a repeat. I thought we had watched 2 series of it already!
    Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm looking forward to it only because I'm a saddo who had nothing better to watch haha I know we are seeing 5 new homes being intorduced but has anyone seen anywhere if some people aren't returning for season 2 for example those pair in Youghal or Rialto (one can hope haha)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Did they get any nuns or priests to take part?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Oh no the two Paul's are back!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I just saw them.

Autosport wrote: »
    I just saw them.

Do you like them?

Yeah and Martin & Rory in Rialto are back aswell unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Go on KimJedward :P

Do you like them?

Nope :D

I'm going to be a veterinarian!

The Ryan mam with "giz an oul finger" meaning it in the literal sense but my mind went exactly the same way as her son's in picking up the innuendo sign it :D
    I said it last season and this just reaffirmed it but the Ryan's are my favorite family

• Advertisement

I like them and the Cavan twins

Yeah I like the Cavan twins and their one liners
    I think I'm going to like the granny and grandson "gway Granny"

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Glad to see the Ryan family back again, though the mum looks a bit different, like she was on a sunbed or something.
    I love the women from the Liberties, she was very funny talking about the cat. But to say Coleen deserved to win BB was just wrong!
    Wonder how the granny and grandson from Clare will fair out. They seem good so far.
    Those two men (can't remember their names) who sound like school teachers could have been done away with.

kopite386 wrote: »
    Yeah and Martin & Rory in Rialto are back aswell unfortunately

Ah I'm coming around to them. Wasn't mad about them last year but thought they were funny last night.

Glad to see the Ryan family back again, though the mum looks a bit different, like she was on a sunbed or something.
    I love the women from the Liberties, she was very funny talking about the cat. But to say Coleen deserved to win BB was just wrong!
    Wonder how the granny and grandson from Clare will fair out. They seem good so far.
    Those two men (can't remember their names) who sound like school teachers could have been done away with.

Totally agree. The Ryan mam was in Lanzarote so it's a real tan. :)

I think them saying Coleen deserved it was probably coming from someone who hadn't seen the whole series.

Can't stand the 2 schoolteachers either. The posh ones from Ranelagh, are they the 2 you were talking about?

Not mad about the 4 girls from Dublin. Don't really know why? Think it's because they come across as bitchy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Gotta say, I enjoy pretty much every family on it. Some to greater degrees than others, but there's a good laugh to be had from them all at some stage.

pilly wrote: »
    Not mad about the 4 girls from Dublin. Don't really know why? Think it's because they come across as bitchy really.

I did laugh at the whole she's not drinking she must be pregnant thing - typical Irish attitude :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭goochy

hope the two eastern European people are gone ! cant believe two guys from youghal are back !
    the x4 young girls from cabra sum up Dublin women in general and as a Dub I can say that !!

the ryan mother who is a complete milf was just back from hols !

don't think much of new granny !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

pilly wrote: »

Yeah don't like them at all. The two from the Liberties seem grand.

Advertisement